PDA

View Full Version : Shadow and Relm Spoilers! yay!

arcdragon9
09-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Ok, I have no clue if this has been discussed before. But when you get Shadow in the WOR you take him back to Thamasa. He has a nightmare or actualy a memory of himself in different clothes leaving Strago's house. Interceptor comes out and barks. And Shadow says somthing about he must leave the girl and someone else(not named) so the world they live in can be that of peace.
The way I got this is that he was saying to his wife/lover ,whatever, that he must leave her and the girl (Relm) his daughter.
Now my question. Does anyone else think Shadow is Relm's father? Hmmmmm.....I could just be confused and stupid, which is common for me. Any input would be appreciated.

Strider
09-14-2003, 06:03 AM
That's the common assumption, yes. There're more dreams that occur randomly that tell a lot about Shadow's past; you can see 'em if you stay at any inns or wherever.

Outsider
09-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Shadow IS Relm's father

1 - Memento Ring: The only characters that can usse it (there are only two in the game) are Relm and Shadow. And it says "departed mom'ss love protect Relm against fatal attacks", or something like that.

2 - When you leave Shadow behind in the Floating Continent, so he won't be in the WoR, you can see one Relm's dream, and it gives you some tips about Shadow being Relm's father, too.

MagicKnight Locke
09-14-2003, 09:19 AM
anyone ever got all those 7 dreams of shadow??I heard that getting them was tough

Outsider
09-14-2003, 09:26 AM
... I had Shadow in the group and slept everywhere in the WoR, even in places like Doma, or Figaro Castl (that some people usually forget) and I never saw more than five dreams...

You can see an extra dream when you leave Shadow behind in the floating continent, but this one is Relm's dream

EDIT - YES, I changed it... And I don't care.

MJN SEIFER
09-14-2003, 03:57 PM
You've Got to do it in the When you're searching for Terra You'll Meet Shadow in a town Pub (I forgot which town but I think it was Koligen) You will see his dreems By Repeating This You Will see the Main Dreems Later on You will Se the other Dream O Relm's Dreem!

For Our Lazy Readers (Yes That's all of you :P) I have got the Script for Shadows Dreams here!!

Dream 1 (Find me)

(Darkness a man named Clyde is alone he is Wearong a brown coat another Man who lookes a bit like an FF6 Steriotype Thief Appears his name is Barram)

Barram: Clyde....It's....Over....Please...find...me Here Please....

(Barram Vanishes)

Dream 2 (Call me "Shadow")

(Barram and Clyde are in the Phantoms Forrest)

Barram: We did it!!

Clyde: A million GP!! What a blast!

Barram: Guess its time to change our name!

Clyde: Our name?

Barram: We need something more apropriate Like......SHADOW!! Not bad!!

(Return to Darkness)

Clyde: Train Robbers.....the SHADOW?

Dream 3 (Coward)

(In aplace wich lookes like were the team met Gau Clyde is lookin over an Injured Barram [Actualy a COMPLETLY different Sprite is used to do this!])

Clyde: Open the eyes!

Barram <CoughCough> is this MY blood?!

Clyde: Your ok!!

Barram: i'm sorry....

Clyde: Shut up! where almost at a town!!

Barram: Go! I'll Only hold...You...back!

Clyde: Barram....

Barram: But before you go.....Use a Knife!!

Clyde: What?!

Barram: Think what will Happen if I get caught! I Can't stand that! End it! Now!!

(Clyde aprches Barram but stops suddenly)

Barram: You're shaking!! Come on Coward!! Take my knife and...

Clyde: I CAN'T!!

(Clyde vanishes)

Barram: Damn you clyde!!

Dream4 (Thama-what?)

(Clyde enters a town and a familer dog aproches him)

Clyde: ....!!!

Grirl: (Suddenly appears) Hey!! HEY!!

Clyde: Were is this?

Girl: Your in the town of Thama.....Hey Hang on!!

Dream5 (Goodbye)

(Clyde starts to leave Thamasa but the dog tstops him)

Clyde: You came for me but I'm going I want you and the chiled to live in a happy place!

(Clyde Leaves The Dogeventually follows)

Relm's Dream

(Relm is alone in Thamasa)

Relm: Fa-Father...Where are you Father....Please.....Help!

The Man
09-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
anyone ever got all those 7 dreams of shadow??I heard that getting them was tough Shadow has only five dreams. The sixth and seventh dreams belong to Relm and Cayenne, respectively. I've seen all of them but Relm's dream, because I always save Shadow on the Floating Continent and the only way to see the dream is to fail to save him.

GogoTheMimic
09-15-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Outsider
... I slept with Shadow

Allow me to take this out of context for a moment. Okay, I'm done.

Outsider
09-15-2003, 05:14 AM
Hahahah, very funny. Let's make fun of the idiot who said that for a change.

Oh, wait! it's me!!! Dammit...

arcdragon9
09-16-2003, 01:14 AM
Thanks evryone. all your info was helpful.....except the out of context one...that was funny, .....................................odd granted.....*ahem*....well.....uh yeah thanks specificaly to MJN Seifer. I thought there were more dreams, but i got all of shadow's already so,..... yeah. Thanks for the info.

Kindo
09-16-2003, 10:26 AM
So... is Shadow Realm's father? All I got out of that dream was that Clyde (Shadow) came to that Thama place, and ther was this girl there and everything, and then he leaves... guh, so confusing. Damn cool if he is though.

TheAbominatrix
09-16-2003, 10:34 AM
It's pretty much obvious, but they never come out and say it. It's implied. The girl in Thamasa most likely tended to him, and they fell for eachother (or at least did the nasty), then, some time later (it never says how long) Shadow decides to up and leave.

Interceptors familiarity and warmth towards Relm obviously shows that she's no stranger to him (Shadow: "Be careful, that dog eats strangers.") and the fact that Shadow can equip Relm's Momento Ring ("Departed mom's love protects against fatal attacks") are other strong clues.

Silent Warrior
09-18-2003, 08:54 AM
This sounds a bit like dream 1, but not exactly like it... When I had Shadow in the party and slept in Thamasa's Inn (or was it Maranda? The one with the girl Cyan/Cayenne sends all those letters to.), and I saw a dream that went thus:

[Darkness/black screen. Shadow appears, I don't remember if he is in his usual colours or not. He still had his clothes on, though. :)] A single dialog-box appears with the words "Find me here."
[End dream]

This was in WoR, and I didn't really bother with Shadow's dreams as far as I can remember. Yes, this dream was really short.

Kindo
09-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Moohooo! Shadow suddenly became my favourite character! Damn, this is good. This is real good. Go Shadow!!

Emperor Grahf
09-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
This sounds a bit like dream 1, but not exactly like it... When I had Shadow in the party and slept in Thamasa's Inn (or was it Maranda? The one with the girl Cyan/Cayenne sends all those letters to.), and I saw a dream that went thus:

[Darkness/black screen. Shadow appears, I don't remember if he is in his usual colours or not. He still had his clothes on, though. :)] A single dialog-box appears with the words "Find me here."
[End dream]

This was in WoR, and I didn't really bother with Shadow's dreams as far as I can remember. Yes, this dream was really short.

Odd...first time I've heard about that one..humm..do you remember every details about that dream ? and your sure that it was only ''find me here'' ?

The Man
09-19-2003, 07:15 PM
He doesn't say much. I don't remember the exact words, but I think it's something along the lines of "Please, find me here... I'm done for." I remember a lot more being said in the sky render version, so I think that was just one of the many bad translations that resulted from the short timeframe Woolsey was given to translate the game.

MJN SEIFER
09-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Sky Render Translation is VERY unrealiable I wouldn't take it seriously.

The Man
09-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Actually, I find it to be far more accurate to the original script than the official version of the game.

MJN SEIFER
09-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Sky Render Is Nothing More than a foul Mouthed chiled who thought it would be fun to add more swear words than there actualy were in the Jap versions

This can contain language even Bleeped out so I mark it as a Cefca: F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** F**** Cefca
"Gods of Destruction, you were born only to fight!
Now, show me your power!!"

Cefca
"Accept me!!
Crap!"

Cefca
"Listen, you stupid bitches, I gave you an order.
Show me your power!!"

Gastora
"Cefca! Stop!
If we revive the Three Gods of Destruction here, they will destroy our world...
Then, all that we have worked for will be meaningless!"

Cefca
"Shut the hell up!"

Gastora
"The world will be drowned in fear..."

Celes
"Damn you! Cefca!!"

Celes
"Damn it...... Cefca......
If you break the balance of the three......
Their power will run amuck......"

Cefca
"Who are you?!"

Cefca
"Damn it!"

Shadow
"Go! Save the world!"

"Shadow..."
"Hurry! We have to escape!"

Shadow
"Don't fret about me.
Go now!
Don't concern yourself with safety!
Hmph... I'll catch up with you later.
Don't worry."
Cefca
"You can't escape me..."

And that's not even half of it Sky Render = Bad Trust me!!

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Grahf
Odd...first time I've heard about that one..humm..do you remember every details about that dream ? and your sure that it was only ''find me here'' ?

I've seen it. When I replay the game on the emulator, I'll get a screenshot of it for you guys.

The Man
09-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
Sky Render Is Nothing More than a foul Mouthed chiled who thought it would be fun to add more swear words than there actualy were in the Jap versions

And that's not even half of it Sky Render = Bad Trust me!! actually, I'm pretty sure the swearing was all there in the original Japanese versions, although some of it might have been present in the form of Cid/Barret-style %@*&#*&@#$, but in any case, Relm was definitely a dirty-mouthed little child, and Kefka swore a lot too. Those are really the only two characters who say much profanity at all in SR's version.

Aside from the expletives, it's far more faithful to the original characterization than the Woolsey version was. A lot of story details got chopped out due to censorship; those have been restored. (For example, did you know that Celes was scheduled for execution the day after Locke rescued her? That was only vaguely implied in the Woolsey version). There are a bunch more examples, too, but I don't feel like spoiling them.

doodlehead007
09-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey, where can I get the file for the Sky Render translation of the game?

:mog I'm turning Japanise, I think I'm turnin..........

Emperor Grahf
09-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Where in the nine blazin' hell did you guys heard about such a possibility ? A sky-render version ? who's that guy ? and why is his version not know to common public ?

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
People make ROM-patches all the time. Sky Render took the time to translate the game, and he or someone else may have made a patch (I'm not sure if there is one yet). It's not a big deal, so the common public wasnt inundated with information on it.

Emperor Grahf
09-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Well,thanks for the enlightement.

bokofett
12-01-2003, 07:28 PM
I was just wondering how to get ahold of the SR version of the script.

Thanx

doodlehead007
12-02-2003, 02:42 AM
I finally found a site that claims to host the patch. Try Zophar.net and search under the 'hacks' section of the site.