PDA

View Full Version : music

Phoenix729
09-14-2003, 07:43 PM
which were your favorite pieces of music from the 3 playstation ff's (as the snes ones had naff music and x was just plain rubbish).
mine are :
7 - aeris' theme
8 - eyes on me
9 - you are not alone (aka "the walk of shame music" were zidane goes nutty and tells his friends to shove it)

Kindo
09-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Let's see now....

In FF7 it's Crazy Motorcycle. There's just something with that very stiff beat that makes it my favourite to listen to. Even though the real masterpieces are Aeris' Theme and One-Winged Angel.

In FF8 I don't really have a favourite. There are many songs I find cool and enjoyable to listen to, while others just annoy me. I particularly like the "mysterious"-sounding ones. Like Find Your Way, Junction, and Compression of Time. Hmm... Liberi Fatali is the most amazing opening theme I've ever heard, so I guess I'll say that one.

In FF9 I have too many favourites. You're Not Alone! is really great, but so is Messenger of Destruction, Vamo alla Flamenco, The Sword of Doubt, and A Face Unforgotten. Needs I to choose, I'd pick Messenger of Destruction as my favourite.

i90east
09-14-2003, 08:46 PM
as the snes ones had naff music

What??? FFVI is Uematsu's best piece of work. I can't believe you said that. Maybe the SNES doesn't have the best sound chip, but the music of FFVI was fantastic, better than any other FF. The FFVI music CDs have outsold those of other FF games.

Xander
09-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Well I don't agree that the SNES ones were naff, or that X was plain rubbish, but since your not discussing that I will answer your question...

From 7 - Aeris' theme was my favourite. Followed by One-winged Angel, and Tifa's theme.

From 8 - Waltz for the moon is my favourite. Second is Eyes on Me. But I haven't finished eight yet or heard the whole soundtrack.

From 9 - Melodies of life, and the various mixes of it through the game, I love that song. Second favourites are Dark Messenger and Sleepless City Treno.

Phoenix729
09-14-2003, 11:04 PM
yes i'm saying that VI has a duff sound chip and so all the songs sound a bit plinky plonky, and as for X, i couldn't bare to listen to tidus so i simply turned the sound off after a couple of hours play and turned the subtitles on. but your right im not dicussing X

Freya Coral
09-17-2003, 05:06 AM
My favorites:

7-One Winged Angel, Sephiroth's theme, Aeris's theme, Motorcycle Chase, Wutai

8-Eyes on Me, Lunatic Pandora, Great Salt Lake, Laguna's battle music

9-Haven't completed the game yet but so far... You Are Not Alone, Kuja's theme, Iifa Tree, Overworld music (disc 4)

m4tt
09-17-2003, 05:14 AM
What the hell is a naff?

FFVII's music was bullcrap compared to FFVI. FFVI has the best soundtrack, imo. FFVIII had pretty decent music, so did FFIX. Slew of Love Letters is teh awesome.

*boots to ff music forum*

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2003, 05:16 AM
Most of it is by the same composer, so it's all good to me *shrug*

Kenshin IV
09-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Scars of Time owns everything from any Final Fantasy.

Breine
09-17-2003, 02:47 PM
FF7 - Aeris´ theme, One-winged angel, Tifa´s theme and Boss battle.

FF8 - Eyes on me, Opening theme and Boss battle.

FF9 - Melodies of life, Kuja´s theme and Lindblum theme.

... I have many favourites... These were just some of them...

Silent Warrior
09-18-2003, 09:23 AM
FF7: Sephiroth's theme. The way Square used it is enough to earn my respect, no matter how much they've done to lose it to this date.
FF8: Compression of time and/or Lunatic Pandora. Well, weird stuff is TEH WIN! :)
FF9: Terra. Or maybe Pandemonium... Hm... :)

Flare_Star
09-25-2003, 05:58 PM
7: one winged angel and slums
8: lunatic pandora and waltz for the moon
9:dark messenger, pamdemonium, alexandria(disk 3-4) theres soo many