PDA

View Full Version : Materiaaaa...

Nevermore
09-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Come on now, help one less skilled then thee..

I got just about all the materia, except for Final Attack or whatever it's called..you're supposed to get it in the Gold Saucer, after buying Omnislash and W-Summon. Well, I got the Omnislash on the first disc and recently obtained W-Summon.

It says you can only get one of each, and although I didn't try to get them again, they're still in the list of prizes to exchange for battle points.
You're supposed to be able to to get into some special fight, and when you win, you get the materia. The fight unlocks, apparently, after you buy both Omnislash and W-Summon. I got both, and got no offer to participate in any special fight. So what the Devil?

And when you do get the special fight, how many chances do you get of winning Final Attack? Can you try over and over until you win, or do you only get one chance?

And second. All my four huge materia are now in Bugenhagen's astral room thing, and from one of them (the blue one on the lower right of the screen) I got Bahamaut ZERO. Seeing that, don't the other three materia in there offer anything? All they do is sit around and glow..

Flying Mullet
09-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
And second. All my four huge materia are now in Bugenhagen's astral room thing, and from one of them (the blue one on the lower right of the screen) I got Bahamaut ZERO. Seeing that, don't the other three materia in there offer anything? All they do is sit around and glow..
The three materia are green, yellow and red, relating to magic, command and summon materia. If you master all of the magic materia, all of the summon materia or some of the command materia(I can't remember which ones), you can take them to Cosmo Canyon and trade them in for a Master Materia that has all of the magic or summons or commands(the seven or so you need to master) on it.

Strider
09-15-2003, 07:19 PM
About the Battle Square questions. . . you have to have your ultimate weapon equipped in order to get the offer. Once you do, you can do the special battle as many times as you want, however many times it takes to get Final Attack and then however much you want after you win it.

Raistlin
09-15-2003, 07:47 PM
About Battle Square: after you get Omnislash and W-Summon, you must also have Cloud's Ultima Weapon. Then talk to the person at Battle Square, and she'll give you the option for the Special Battles. You must use Cloud.

And when you do get the special fight, how many chances do you get of winning Final Attack? Can you try over and over until you win, or do you only get one chance?
Hmm...I don't remember. I beat it the first time, and got Final Attack, I don't remember ever failing the first time...However, I'd guess that the first time you beat it, you'll get Final Attack: no matter if you've failed before.

All my four huge materia are now in Bugenhagen's astral room thing, and from one of them (the blue one on the lower right of the screen) I got Bahamaut ZERO. Seeing that, don't the other three materia in there offer anything? All they do is sit around and glow..

Yeah, TD explained it well enough. No, you don't have to master all the command materia. I believe there's only seven(Slash-All, Steal, Sense, 2x-Cut, Throw, Manipulate, and Deathblow, I think).

Nevermore
09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
All right, thanks. So I get Cloud's last weapon from that dragon flying around?
I can't find him though, he keeps taking off. That bugger.

Halenite
09-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, you can keep fighting the special battle until you get F. Attack. You can keep on fighting though.

Rostum
09-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
All right, thanks. So I get Cloud's last weapon from that dragon flying around?
I can't find him though, he keeps taking off. That bugger.

Just keep running into him and fighting him until he dies.

Madonna
09-17-2003, 03:23 AM
Ultima likes places where reactors are (ie, Corel, Ft. Condor, the like). It's a pain to find him, but eh. I follow his [bleep] around until he stops to blow something up or whatever he does.

Doomgaze
09-17-2003, 08:29 AM
He also likes to hide in his "nest" by Junon.

Halenite
09-17-2003, 05:09 PM
When he loses all his HP. He will fly off to Cosmo Canyon. Unless he's already there, of course. Defeat him there and you will get Ultima Weapon and access to the Lost Forest where the summon Typoon is hiding.

Radje
09-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Halenite
When he loses all his HP. He will fly off to Cosmo Canyon. Unless he's already there, of course. Defeat him there and you will get Ultima Weapon and access to the Lost Forest where the summon Typoon is hiding.

And the apocolypse, never forget that <.<

Nevermore
09-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I got him. Goddamn Shadow Flare..I didn:t know you could learn that. Pretty sweet lookin' spell. And I got the Apocalypse long ago, with a mountain chocobo. I don't find it a very usefull weapon..

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 09:48 PM
It has Triple AP on it. It can't get much more useful than that.