PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Eidolon on FF IX ??

Zantetsuken !!!
09-16-2003, 01:06 AM
What is the best or the Eidolon you like most on FF IX ??
Mine's Odin !!!

hehe i forgot to add this little message when i made the pool, anyways, its the well know Odin trick as you all should know so here it goes : first get that dark matter and make Garnet learn to Summon Odin, get the ancient aroma on Ipsen castle so she can learn the Odin Sword, so, when Odin dont kill the target it take lots of HPs away and then get a pumice piece and learn Boost so the Odin summon will always do that wonderful 9999 damage on every enemy (necron and Ozma included, yes, the GREAT ODIN ROCKS !! )

If you forget to write something, you can edit your posts with the 'edit/delete' button. It's better than posting twice in a row.:) ~ Big D

Big D
09-16-2003, 02:04 AM
I personally like Madeen; a powerful Holy attack as well as a subtle reference to FFVI.
Bahamut, though, remains one of the best in my opinion. Non-elemental attacks have the advantage of working against any opponent.
However, Carbuncle also deserves a mention because of the sheer variety of abilities it has, depending on which gem Eiko is wearing.

*Votes 'Bahamut'*

Oh, it hardly needs to be mentioned, but the Eidolon FMVs in FFIX are great. Alexander's duel with Bahamut was superb; if Alexander were actually available in the game, I'd have voted for it.

TheSpoonyBard
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM
I voted for Phoenix because it does two things at once; causes Fire damage and revives party members. I agree that Carbuncle is much more versatile, but it doesn't do any damage. Plus I think Phoenix has the best looking summon animation. If the question was which is the strongest Eidolon, I would have to say Ark. So many enemies are weak against Shadow elements, and Ark just wipes the floor with even the strongest of enemies.
By the way, is there any relation between Ark and the boss you fight in Oeilvert after picking up the Gulug stone?

MagicKnight Locke
09-16-2003, 01:29 PM
i am a follower of the phoenix even outside ff...

Sefie1999AD
09-16-2003, 04:13 PM
I think Bahamut was the coolest summon in FF9. It looks cool, and you can do good damage with it, especially when its gems are easier to find than Ark's or Madeen's.

Kindo
09-16-2003, 05:30 PM
By the way, is there any relation between Ark and the boss you fight in Oeilvert after picking up the Gulug stone?
Yup, it's the same guy. So first you fight him, and then eventually you get the power to summon him.

As for the question, I found it very easy to make Bahamut do max damage. 99 Garnets.

Cz
09-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Leviathan's the coolest, but Bahamut's the best in battle.

Zantetsuken !!!
09-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Uhmm I will have to disagree with all u guys, and heres my reason: First:(this is personal) Odin Rocks and he will forever Rock and the Zantetsuken Animation is very cool, second: Odin can do MAMIXUM DAMAGE for just 28 MP( i've posted how to make the Odin Trick just look at it again), Third: if Odin does not Kill at the first Zantetsuken( with the dark matter on the iten bag it will have a bigger chance to kill the monster) he will do that 9999 damage !!!! Resuming: There's no summon better than Odin on FF9( Phoenix and Bahamut are cool too, their animations are very cool, Phoenix can revive and do some fire damage at the same time, but( this is not a strong point) it wont do that much damage and it could end up healing the Enemy, for Bahamut, he can do some Major damaje with that 99 garnets stones, but the Mp cost is too big.

Odin is the Best, in and out of battle;)

SephirothsAngel
09-16-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm torn between four. I voted for Ark because I like the fact that it represented darkness and it's summoning animation was cool. I also like Madeen because it's a holy summon, I like Phoenix because it helped me with the Ozma boss battle (99 Phoenix Downs; it kept reviving me no matter what), and Bahamut because during the Silver Dragon/Kuja boss fights (I dunno what exactly happened- maybe there was a glitch in the game) Garnet kept summoning him. She was able to use other commands but she would first summon Bahamut then heal or something else. I think of Bahamut as my protector in that game now.;)

Zantetsuken !!!
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Im very sad right now, i just realized u guys dont like Odin as he deserve too :cry: , yeah im sad, but anyways, WHY DONT U PEOPLE DONT LIKE ODIN ??????
AND WHY THE SECOND PERSON TO VOTE FOR ODIN DIDNT POST ANY REPLY ????:eek: ( yes anonimous Odin fan around), this is kinda personal but i would like u guys to answer me cuz im very curious right now, again:
WHY DONT U GUYS LIKE THE OHHH SOOOO HIGHTY AND MIGHTY SACRED DARK KNIGHT ODIN ?????(waiting for answer )

Thanks for stand reading this, Odin fans get pretty anoying times to times:cry:

Pplease if u have voted for Odin post a reply here !!! i want to know who likes Odin man !!! im anoying dont mind:p

Edit by Big D: Remember what I told you about double-posting? Please don't do it again.

Big D
09-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Odin is good, but unless you've got the Ancient Aroma and enough spare ability stones to Equip the "Odin's Sword" ability, all he can do is the standard Zantetsuken attack. 'Instant death to all enemies' is a nice thing, but unfortunately it misses too often, and is of course completely useless against Boss-level enemies.
...and Bahamut because during the Silver Dragon/Kuja boss fights (I dunno what exactly happened- maybe there was a glitch in the game) Garnet kept summoning him. She was able to use other commands but she would first summon Bahamut then heal or something else. I think of Bahamut as my protector in that game now.That sounds like Garnet's "Trance" attack. She summons a particular Eidolon at the start of each turn until her Trance gauge is empty again.

Flare_Star
10-03-2003, 05:24 PM
ark is the best because he just totally rocks and although his animation takes A.G.E.S, he does super damage. also he is just plain cool. i never use bahamut cos he never does enough damage(around 4000-5000) and cost way to much mp.

p.s. ark is king

Reina
10-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Pippy (Phoenix) is my fave.

Atma Weapon
10-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Ark is the most powerful, bahamut is the most versitile damage dealer, leviathan looks the coolest, pheonix balances attack and defense, madeen is the ever useful holy elemental, carbuncle is the most versatile, Fenrir is both cool and versatile, ARRRGGGHHH too many choices!!!! *explodes*

seriously though, all of them have their places, and only the low level damage dealers become chronologically outdated. If I had to choose a favorite though it would be either Leviathan, because it is easy enough to beat the game anyway so style may be more important than power, or pheonix, because he has a possible 99/255 chance of fully reviving your party when annihilated. I don't think that Odin is all that great, because he needs to use ability slots to be viable. Because my ability slots are usually taken up by healer, auto-potion, and auto-regen, I don't have enough left to cover whatever negative status I'm currently facing and charge up a eidolon that could easily be replaced by another, cheaper eidolon. And Zantetsuken !!!... chill out a little, you seem to be flying off the handle when people don't praise Odin, I'm a little worried about what you'll do after I call him weak. I love the Norse God, love the FF6 summon, don't like the FF9 summon.

*asks for another vote*

Zantetsuken !!!
10-05-2003, 03:18 PM
I could say lots of stuff, flame u a lot, but that just not me, if u dont like Odin that ok with me, as long as u make ur point, anyways, the Norse god for me is Loki the god of Mischief ( is that right ), but ( nothing to do with FF), as a AOM ( age of mythology ) player and Age player since i was 9, i can get pretty crazy bout gods history and stuff, im not mad at you cuz u dont like Odin, but, ok if u dont like to spend the abilitie points on Odin Sword, but for a low lvl party he RoX, i was lvl 47 when i beat the game and Odin did everithing for me, and hell he's not weak, thats my point, maybe a little pointless but ok, oh, if anyone here plays AOM im accepting challenges \,,/>.<\,,/

hannahlouise50
10-05-2003, 07:15 PM
YO! Just a message 2 say that Carbuncle is da best!
:whoa:
Firstly because it can cast more than just the 'reflect' technique
:p
Secondly, it doesnt waste alot of MP,
:mog:
and lastly, its just so dam cute!
:o
And it doesnt matter if it doesnt do alot of damage, as in my view there are alternative ways
like attacking is vrey effective most of the time (especailly wen haste is casted! :))
Well, in case i dnt c ya, good morning, good afternoon and good nite!

hannahlouise50
10-05-2003, 07:20 PM
ooo my mistake curbuncle does no damage. I meant 2 rite that. plz believe me. ;)

ShadyMilkman
10-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I voted for Phoenix cause it's just awesome. But, I noticed something that bothered me. Nobody voted for Atomos. Atomos looked really cool and technically is the most efficient. (# of Amethysts+30=%damage) So, with 70 Amethysts, you always do 9,999 or 100% enemy HP for a small fraction of the cost of Ark, Bahamut, or Odin. But, he can't be used in boss battles, which is but a small drawback considering you don't usually use summons other than Phoenix and Carbuncle in boss battles as Eiko and Dagger are always busy healing. So, I guess I was just surprised to see that Atomos hadn't recieved any votes. I don't wanna start any aarguments or flame wars. Just something I noticed. And no, Zantetsuken !!!, I'm not dissing Odin so you dont' have to come in and freak out and think we all hate you. I was pointing out my surprise, that's all.

Angel_Reaper
10-06-2003, 01:54 AM
I had to think for a long time, cause I like Odin, Bahamut, Ark, Phoenix, but I voted for Madeen.

Atma Weapon
10-06-2003, 04:01 AM
Did anyone else notice that madeen is the same name/similiar character to FF6 maduin? He's also in FF tactics advance, but he doesn't look cool in it. I never noticed the damage potential of Atomos, If I didn't hate the way he looked, he'd be my second or third favorite eidolon. And hannahlouise50, I think i'm doing the mods a favor by saying EDIT/DEEEELEEEEETTTE!!!!:eek:

nothing personal, just a friendly reminder about the forum rule against double-posting.:

Zantetsuken !!!
10-06-2003, 11:52 PM
well ( freaks out cuz people hate me and Odin ( joking ) urghh ), first to the one who said that Maduin is similar to Madeen : Madeen is a holy eidolon and Maduin is a non-elemental eidolon, they maybe can look the same and u can think as then of protectors of Terra on FF6, Maduin is her father and protector and a nice looking summon:cool: , Madeen is a "trance " of mog, Eiko's protector, plus he looks nice too:cool: , now, Atomos is cool, he's my second favorite and i like the way he looks and he can do some very good damage on the beasts for very low MP, oh, i was also surprised when i saw today that Atomos so as the other eidolon didnt got any vote, i like then, just dont vote for then cuz Odin rox ya know...(blah blah blah)...if i had another vote it would go to Ramuh cuz he remember my teacher Romu:D , third vote would go to Atomos, cuz man he's a classic !!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-13-2003, 03:13 AM
It's Alex all the way.

Zantetsuken !!!
10-13-2003, 11:18 PM
os sorry...forgot to put Alexander on the post...damn, forgive me everyone for my weak memory....

Angel_Eyes
10-15-2003, 03:04 PM
I liked phoenix. Not only did it have a powerful attack, and revival skills, it's just so pretty :D

But then again, Alexander is pretty as well. With his huge wings and all.

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 01:48 AM
Alexander is most beautiful summon I have seen so far. ooooooo pretty wings, angelic. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Amarant Odinson
10-16-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm a huge Odin fan but I voted for Ark instead. How can you not like a huge Transformer? I mean TRANSFORMERS PEOPLE. HELLOOOOOO????

~Tenderness~
10-17-2003, 01:55 AM
~First - Madeen is a female ;)~

~Second - I haven't yet formed an opinion of all of the eidolons, I expect that all of them are useful in their own ways though :) At the moments my favourites are Madeen, Odin, Phoenix and Bahamut :)~

Big D
10-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by ~Tenderness~
~First - Madeen is a female ;)~
I'm curious, why do you think that? I personally can't tell for sure what gender Madeen is in FFIX, but in FFVI, Madeen (called "Maduin" in that game) is definitely male.

Madeen is the true form of Eiko's companion, Mog, who I always assumed was male. Can't remember why...

Angel_Eyes
10-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Big D
I'm curious, why do you think that? I personally can't tell for sure what gender Madeen is in FFIX, but in FFVI, Madeen (called "Maduin" in that game) is definitely male.

Madeen is the true form of Eiko's companion, Mog, who I always assumed was male. Can't remember why...

Mog is a girl. At one point in the game, when Zidane is talking to Eiko in Madain Sari, she says something like;

Eiko
"This is the one I gave to Mog!"
"It's too big for her now, but once we're both sophisticated ladies, we'll wear them together!"

Mog
"Kupo!"

Eiko
"Maybe then, Zidane, you'll dance with me?"
"Zidane?"

Zidane
"I didn't know Mog was a girl..."

ShadyMilkman
10-17-2003, 09:12 PM
That's well and good and all, but why does it really matter? I always assumed that anyway.

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Oh I dunno...The good ones to me are Ark, Odin, Bahamut, Madeen and Phoenix...I used Odin alot during the early game but switched to Bahamut later on because it looked cooler. Bahamut's not that "expensive" to summon if you got the half MP ability. Plus, I took away the magic stones from the Odin's sword ability so I could use them for other purposes like Auto-Haste. Also, its easy to deal 9999 damage to enemies, like when I fought the Nova Dragon and used Bahamut (HAHA I'll show you WHOS the boss dragon around here)

Wakka_Zero
01-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Leviathan rulezzzz.

ShadyMilkman
01-03-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm still in disbelief that nobody has voted for Atomos. He didn't look as cool as the others, but hard to argue with him in terms of pure damage. If you get 70 amethysts, he's all but unstoppable.

Doomgaze
01-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Ark was weak, I was really disappointed. He takes FOREVER to summon, and then he's weaker than Bahamut! What a rip. (and NO, the enemy was NOT strong against shadow)

Sakamura
01-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Bahamut all the way!......i used him all the time.....no worries about elemental weaknesses or strengths.....he was cool....he even attacked an enemy for me without being called for....right after Garnet was attacked...i think that was cool...and no i am not lying

Magai
01-09-2004, 03:24 AM
All of Eiko's summons are cool, from Garnet I only like Shiva and Leviathan, Bahamut is gay as hell, and I never use Garnet. I like Ark, because he's a cool boss, but as a summon he's not all that great, he's fairly weak for the title of "Ultimate Summon", and he's completely useless against Ozma. I never put together, Pumice Peices.

If Bahamut was beaten by Alexander how come you can still summon him and not summon A-man anymore? That pisses me off, if Bahamut weren't so damn popular he probably wouldn't be able to be summoned too.

Odin is cheesey and allpowerful, I hate Odin in every other FF except for FFVIII and FFVII to a point because he aslo did the Gunce Lance. Why go through all that effort make him do max damage, it's not tough to conquer FFIX without doing 9999 all the time.

Lord Xehanort
01-15-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Ansem! That guy who never used a single Eidolon unless it was a required story part.

eestlinc
02-13-2004, 05:24 AM
the best part of the eidolons is that auto-regen keeps working while the summon graphics play, so if you have auto-regen on everyone, you can usually get back near full health every time Garnet summons Ark. Then you don't even need her to cast healing spells. That's why Ark is the best.

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 05:02 AM
What I'm the only person whos voted for Fenrir:eek: . Anyway I like Fenrir because he's so cool looking and his attack is pretty good for when you get him. I also like Carbunacle, Phoenix, Madeen, and Bahamut.

DM Rivula
05-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Madeen, because really, the whole time you have Eiko, you have Madeen. And Terra Homing is a very powerful attack.

FFIXSavannah
06-13-2004, 09:44 AM
I couldn't choose between Odin or Madeen so I picked Odin because he look's cool.

18Darkdragon
06-14-2004, 12:29 AM
Ive never gotten Ark so i would say Bahamut. What ore is Ark in anyway?

Iceglow
06-14-2004, 05:38 PM
my favourite ediolon is the one you never use only you see it and see Kuja nick the power. It is and has to be Alexander it was amazing to watch it kick Bahamuts ass over the sky.

Vincent_Valentine
06-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Bahamut

Evil_Cloud
06-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I personally like Phoenix the most, simply due to the fact that when I would fight Ozma and he would wipe my party out with back to back Curses and Meteors, Eiko would sometimes spontaneously cast Phoenix even tho she was KO'd. I also find Eiko's summons to be more versatile and overall just, better than Garnet's.

Trumpet Thief
07-03-2004, 07:01 PM
I voted Madeen, not only because of the attack power when you first obtain it, but because of the graphics of the Eidolion.