PDA

View Full Version : FF8 rather agrivating CRASH

Frylock
09-16-2003, 03:56 AM
HEY HEY HEY!!!! This is my first post and also my first topic :D. Whenever i go from the elevator to the other room in Esthar City the game (not including the music) freezes. I have looked up and down the net and am about to GIVE UP on this game "GASP" and would plz plz plz plz like someone help on this delema. I looked around the forum and didnt see this posted so i hope this hasnt been posted before.:cool:

Frylock
09-16-2003, 04:34 AM
heh heh i forgot to say that i have the pc version of the game, sorry! Everyones first post is kinda off.

TheAbominatrix
09-16-2003, 04:48 AM
You may wanna try checking the integrity of your disc. Take it out and look it over, see if its at all sratched or dented. That was the problem with my FFIX PSX version freezing at a certain point. Otherwise, I've got no clue.

Frylock
09-16-2003, 05:05 AM
I looked all over the cd and there isnt any scratches (thank god) but im back to where i started, thx anyway bloody lady ;)

MagicKnight Locke
09-16-2003, 01:28 PM
frylock the rule says not to post twice in a row...use the edit/delete button

I had the same problem(with the cd) in my game at galbadia garden but that was when my dvd broke down...

Halenite
09-17-2003, 05:37 PM
What kind of PC do you have?
I.E. Windows XP, 98, 05? Compaq?

Silent Warrior
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Is the game patched? Have you found anything through Eidos?

Halenite: If you think something's note quite right with Compaq-machines, I just have to tell you that I have a Compaq Presario right here that can apparently play everything - provided that it works with Win98, which pretty much everything seems to do (and providing it doesn't demand too much of the hardware - a Voodoo 2 and a Rage Fury can only do so much). I can play old DOS-games like Wing Commander 1 - 4, the only problem being a lack of VESA-drivers for WC3, Crusader works well enough. The only game I've had unsurpassable issues with is Space Quest 6 (both Win95 and DOS-versions), and that's due to CPU-speed. FF8 PC is included in the 'working games'-list, too. :) TEH G00DE KOMPUT4R! (I've heard people have big problems with one Ultima-game or other, but I haven't tried those. FYI, like. It may not be entirely invincible.:D)