PDA

View Full Version : FF8 for PC

Sacred Phoenix
09-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Here is my (2) problems: On disc two, when you are supposed to follow Xu up the elevator when looking for Cid, i get up the elevator, go to the next screen and BAM! i get music but no screen pops up. I have played the game start to finish about 6 times but now it won't work. There are are no major scratches, and i tried to burn a new copy but that won't work either. Does any one know where i could get a replacement disc? or if that is even possible?

2) I just got windows XP and now there are lines through the screen, they don't show up during battles or on the world map, only when i'm in towns or gardens etc.

:save: HELLLLPPP!!!!!:save:

Thanks

MagicKnight Locke
09-16-2003, 01:53 PM
wither something with ur cd or with ur windows XP settings

Sacred Phoenix
09-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Thanks, but I still need More help, that doesn't really help. Where would i find replacement discs?

m4tt
09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
The lines can be fixed with a patch. I believe we have the main patch on our front site, but I'm not sure. But I had the lines with Windows 98, and a patch fixed it.

Has that hiccup on disc one happened more than once? It might of just been your computer pooping out for a minute. Other than that, I can't think of what it might be..

Halenite
09-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Chances are it's the XP. FF8 PC isn't very good with the new PC versions.

Sacred Phoenix
09-17-2003, 08:53 PM
The "hiccup" as you put it is on disc two, and it happened ever since it did it the first time, now i can't get farther in the game. I DID have saved games beyond that point but the game was lost after XP was put it, so i totally had to reistall the game, and now i can't pass that part. and that is the only way to go at that point in the game. *sniff,sniff*

Halenite
09-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Chances are it's the XP then.
If you got farther on an older version of Windows. It would almost HAVE to be the XP.

Eartha
09-21-2003, 05:50 AM
I have XP, and the game has the lines when I play it too, it's probably just not compatible. There's no freezing though, you probably have a faulty disc. If I were you' I'd either go looking for the receipt, or maybe invest in a playstation version (and a cheap second hand ps1 console if needs be)

tomothy
09-21-2003, 03:14 PM
no it's not xp.

and all need to do is install the patch to fix the lines.

gforce 3d card -
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/FF8SqeaNVPatch.zip

non-geforce 3d card -
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/FF8SqeaPatch.zip

im playing through it again now on xp and the game freezes due to scratches. even tiny scratches stuff your cd. my disc 3 stuffs up during an fmv when you enter Esthar... :\ but yer just try the toothpaste on cd trick or wipeing the cd from center outwards.

or u could send me ur save game and i can save for u straight after. :mad:

defier
09-26-2003, 08:10 AM
I'd have to agree with foofighter in that the problem is not because of xp. Because i'm playing it fine on xp.

When i first installed the game it had the lines through it, but after installing the patch (for me it was the sqeanvpatch) the lines were gone and everything looked great and ran fine.

The disc, as others have said, is probably just scratched.

good luck :)