PDA

View Full Version : THE TRUTH......

Jack
09-16-2003, 08:31 PM
FFXIII is set in the world called something. The hero is called somthing Hard like Leo. He is fighting something evil called something evil.

he and his strangly put together group fdight the evil. There is a uneven number of boys vs girls. One girl is more importent. she falls in love with Leo. They cross various enviroments, of which, there is always, a built up city, a cold place, and a strange building which has a secret.

They use weapons, all differnt and have special moves called LIMITs. They are OTT moves that severlyb hurt. Then there is a crisis.

TUNE IN NEXT FOR....A CRISIS

Flying Mullet
09-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Sounds like the plot of FFVII-FFX.

Kenshin IV
09-17-2003, 07:14 AM
And not I-VI? o_O

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2003, 07:20 AM
I-VI didnt have limits and the 'falling in love every game' dealy. Plus most everyone could use the same weapon.

Maxico
09-17-2003, 04:44 PM
sounds pretty spammy to me.

Unless your making a point between the repetive storylines and gameplay of the final fantasy series. In which case: How would YOU make the series any better?

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by maxi333
How would YOU make the series any better?
Monkeys. Lots of monkeys.

-N-
09-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Anyone played Planescape: Torment? Perhaps the only RPG not concerned with saving the world? Then you know what I'm talking about.

Or you could make it like Xenogears and just have such a effed up plot and thematic connections that it blows your mind.

But then, it just wouldn't be Final Fantasy, now would it?

Jack
09-17-2003, 08:42 PM
NO...I'm just telling the TRUTH......

Hey that's a discussion Topic!

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
We arent responsible for making the story better, SquareEnix is. Their writers went to school to be writers, we didnt. It's just that simple.

Maxico
09-18-2003, 05:44 PM
meh

Kenshin IV
09-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I-VI didnt have limits and the 'falling in love every game' dealy.
They didn't have limits (although you could make a pointless argument that Six sort of did), but they certainly had a lot of focus on romance. Maybe not to the extent of Eight and Ten, but not more so than Seven and Nine.

Silent Warrior
09-21-2003, 09:01 AM
The Abominatrix: Are you sure they went to a school for it? Maybe the translation is a bit off ("This guy are sick", anyone?), but the dialogues really weren't top-notch. Going into details would take up too much space and time. E-mail me if you want details.

TheAbominatrix
09-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
The Abominatrix: Are you sure they went to a school for it? Maybe the translation is a bit off ("This guy are sick", anyone?), but the dialogues really weren't top-notch. Going into details would take up too much space and time. E-mail me if you want details.

No, I'm not sure. In fact ya know what? I think they went and found some bums and said "Hey, can you spell?" and the bums were like "Yeah." so Square gave them all jobs as writers!

These are professional companies, and I'm sure they don't just hire anyone. 1. Typos and mistranslations happen. They're big scripts. 2. Overall, they're good scripts. People go to school to be writers, and that's that. Feel free to ask Square what kind of resume you need to be a writer for a Final Fantasy game. I'm sure it's not easy.

Kenshin IV- Yeah I know about VI's Desperation Attacks, but those were very different. The in-game romances didnt take precedance, in fact IV's was decided before the game started (ie: they didnt meet and fall in love), there was... well flirting in V, and in VI it was a very very small and unexplored part of the story.

Kenshin IV
09-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Yeah, but Seven didn't really focus on the romance aspect any more than Six did. Maybe even less. Nine I think did focus on it a little more than the others, but it didn't go overboard like in Eight or Ten.

TheAbominatrix
09-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Yeah, VII had some sort of focus, because of the fact that they did acknowledge the fact that the girls wanted to do the horizontal mambo with Cloud, but it did go a bit farther than the older games, because of the fact that you could sort of 'choose' who your guy had the hots for, and it went so far as a kiss (if you did the right things) and of course, the date. IX certainly was more than the older games, but again, not as much as VIII or X. All of them were certainly bigger than the older games, though. Yes yes. I do like the romance thing, though.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Yeah, but Seven didn't really focus on the romance aspect any more than Six did. Maybe even less. Nine I think did focus on it a little more than the others, but it didn't go overboard like in Eight or Ten.
FFVII went into the romance detail a lot more than FFVI. FFVI had snippets with Celes and Locke, but it never was a major part of the story. FFVII's story was dependent upon the love story. Cloud's feelings for Tifa caused the way he acted and his personality for the entire game. If Locke and Celes' romance had had more focus in FFVI then I would agree with you, but they didn't spend much time on that romance and it didn't steer where the game went like FFVII's love story. It just wasn't as prominent in FFVI.

Jack
09-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Something doesn't go how heroes wanted. Bad things will now happen. But does this stop heroes? No. They continue, through togher challenges, still facing the same bad guy. it comes to some climatic conclusion. But that is not the end! It is the first conclusion.

Please Insert Disc 2

TUNE IN NEXT FOR:
A WHOLE NEW WORLD........

ZeZipster
10-01-2003, 01:22 AM
It's not going to take up two DVD disks.

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:03 PM
And if it does it had better have some pretty stellar graphics and loads of side quests.

Besimudo
10-08-2003, 04:45 AM
Quite good...

You have illustrated the tired elements all FF plots have.

I guessed ffXII to be like the rest. Square, just like Koei who keep on pumping out a rehash of dynasty warriors each year, will continue to create FF games.

ZeZipster
10-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Besimudo
Quite good...

You have illustrated the tired elements all FF plots have.

I guessed ffXII to be like the rest. Square, just like Koei who keep on pumping out a rehash of dynasty warriors each year, will continue to create FF games.

Yeah, they should really go back in time and change history in order to continue the storyline :rolleyes2. Blasted Koei and their truth-to-history.

Jack
10-08-2003, 08:29 PM
They leave the safe area they once lived, to find new places, new people. They meet a new character that is out of place of the others. They fight more things, still after the same villain. Chocobos will now appear. Moogles optional. Summons definite, with Shiva Ifrit, Bahamat. possibly, they may add Odin, Alexander, Leviathan. Earth summon will have a name. (If there is a Earth summon)
Magic is a certain.
Then, they change their objectioves! They've realised that their original mission was just a small pinprick in a ocean of trouble. And you know what?, it has sumthing to do with the end of the world.

Hero must have a sword, and spiky hair. It's a must.

Besimudo
10-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Cynical eh…

No Koei could base their next game, using a similar engine, on the crusades.
This ‘teams’ may include the Islamic forces, The Christians and the Mongols.
Witnessing new heroes would be better than Zhuge Liang catwalk 2004 with summer fan and improved textured garments. To name some of the various Christian forces Count of Vermandois, Godfrey, Baldwin and of course Robert, Duke of Normandy, son of William the Conqueror!!! The Mongols (Kublai Khan, who attacked Europe).
The chronology for ‘crusade warriors’ is difficult – then again Lu Bu participating in Nanman campaign is also wrong.

As for your argument that Romance of the three Kingdoms is ‘historically accurate’ – Do you really believe Sun Quan participated in the front line at the battle of Chi Bi? Or that Zhuge Liang sent Sima Yi women’s underwear to aggravate him into battle? These elements are testimony to a writers imagination not the devices of the archivist styled historian modernists understand.
Personally, history interests me, but not in the: Learn the dates, dialectical approach taken by modernists. These demons consider the past fundamentally wrong, a struggle between classes that is broken by the revolution. This seems intelligent to the public, especially when such scholars dribble off the exact hour that ‘key’ events occurred. Yet they somehow miss the larger cyclical elements present in history.
As we see in both China and France the revolution brought more misery to the ‘proletariat’ and saw a tyrant into power (Dong Zho and Robespierre, respectively). Historical accurateness is secondary to the poetry. Tales of great warriors and romance abound in all cultures. Whether it happened in 192 B.C. or 1794 A.D. is of no importance… all the dates approach does is bore the hell out of high school students, turning them away from history. It also segments their understanding of history… e.g. the French revolution was at a different time to the Russian… so it must be different. Rubbish! Revolution is the result of progressive dissatisfaction with centralised powers. People become so inflated with their own needs that they spite people more fortunate. Rather than a net benefit of overall public goods, revolutionists prefer NOBODY to derive benefit from society, so every thing must burn and start a new. As Count Machiavelli wrote “Those wishing to seize power have all those who stand to loose against them and all those who stand to benefit with them. When the expecting beneficiaries outweigh the establishment, the elites will have an uprising on their hands.”
Obviously historical accuracy is a weighty subject – at the end of the day the archivists have been forgotten as history speaks not of them. The true heroes of historical thinking are our writers and philosophers.
Finally, would you prefer to read a story or a list of dates? History is after all a compound of his + story.

ZeZipster
10-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Besimudo
Cynical eh…

No Koei could base their next game, using a similar engine, on the crusades.
This ‘teams’ may include the Islamic forces, The Christians and the Mongols.
Witnessing new heroes would be better than Zhuge Liang catwalk 2004 with summer fan and improved textured garments. To name some of the various Christian forces Count of Vermandois, Godfrey, Baldwin and of course Robert, Duke of Normandy, son of William the Conqueror!!! The Mongols (Kublai Khan, who attacked Europe).

The point I was making was that they aren't repeating some thing they made up... They are repeating history (with some modifications) and there are changes through-out the game, just not to story-line. For an obvious reason, because they never made the story-line to begin with. The game your asking for is an entirely new game to begin with.

Jack
10-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi, but I don't like Dynasty Warriors.

But I do think the Crusades game sounds cool, as long as it isn't called Dynasty Warriors.

Somthing likle "THE CRUSADERS" would be pretty fine.

inlineskating29
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
8 was the best

Besimudo
10-22-2003, 01:55 AM
I preferred a classical romance (FF8), than a Blade runner meets Frankenstein styled production (FF7).

FF8 lived up to tradition, while FF7 lost it with poor scripts (I admit that FF8 had weak scripting too, but FF8 relied less on event plot development). It was the untold side of FF8 that made it more interesting and equally inaccessible to many players.

As for FF10, it looked good but the character development seemed forced i.e. nothing was left to ones imagination. Giving away the relationship between Jecht, Tidus and Sin to the player really sucked!

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-22-2003, 03:17 AM
Stay on-topic, please.

Jack
10-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Yeah, but what is the topic? i just thought we were discussing FFs and wht would we like FFXII to be.

I no I started, but i can't remeber why.....that why! The Village People made me! Lets sing YMCA. Together!

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...

Young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
But you got to know this one thing!

No man does it all by himself.
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
I'm sure they can help you today.

You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...

Young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said, I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so tight ...

That's when someone came up to me,
And said, young man, take a walk up the street.
There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
They can start you back on your way.

Y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.

Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

Y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.

Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

Y-m-c-a ... just go to the y-m-c-a.

Young man, young man, are you listening to me?
Young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

Flying Mullet
10-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Head...spinning...must...focus...

I think that FFXII should have a chocobo plague for no reason and it doesn't tie into the story in any way. Just to throw people off and make them think, "WTF".

SomethingBig
10-24-2003, 12:43 AM
I would like to see the return of the job system. Nothing screams "greatness" like a Final Fantasy with the job system.