PDA

View Full Version : Mages and Magic

Yuji
09-17-2003, 02:35 AM
I was looking at the Red, Black, and White Magic lists and starting thinking. Red mages have their own spells that they can learn, but can they learn Black and White Magic spells as well? I read somewhere that Black magic (and maybe white magic) spells were learned by getting magic scrolls. I had been thinking about picking a Red Mage so I could use black and white magic spells, but If they can only use Red Magic, I'd probably go with a Black Mage.
This may be an obvious question...but I was just curious.

Alpha
09-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Black/White/Red Mages "share" magic meaning if you get a fire spell for a Black Mage it can also be used for a Red mage if the fire spell is also on his magic list. And Red Mages don't get that much exclusive magic anyway.

Lionx
09-17-2003, 05:00 AM
Ah but the magic that the RDMs have exclusively in the higher lvls are very very cool. Like Dispel, no longer can they use DEF up or power themselves, the monsters just go back to their normal selves. Also Refresh, that is beautiful, its like MP Regen, cast on on a WHM and you can battle on for hours without resting if you combo it with Convert which switches ur MP and HP bars making it easy for you to heal yourself without resting at all. Very very useful and loved. Also the power of Phalnx which i think has something to do with DEF and can make u a living wall or seomthing.

Red Mages do however suck at meleeing at higher lvls until u get like other boosts and stuff and mainly will be support healers because they learn Blk Magic later as well as Wht magic(tho not as late). Its a good class, but needs time to build it up.

CloudS_1
09-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Red mages also learn sword magic. I remember that you can learn Bolt Sword at lvl 16, but I can't remember the others.

Yuji
09-17-2003, 10:52 PM

Bahamut2000X
09-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Check the main site's FFXI section we got a list of all the Red Mage only spells on it.

Lionx
09-18-2003, 06:46 AM
The sword magic is actually Enwater or something that adds little boosts of elemental damage to your weapon(can be anything) that does extra dmg. IT sucks at first but i bet as you do tougher stuff, its worth ur $.