PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed details of anykind?

Nova Dragon
09-17-2003, 02:48 AM
Hopefully no one yells at me for asking but are there any details about FF XII that are not just wild speculation and lies?

Linus
09-17-2003, 03:07 AM
Get the chainsaw.

SuperPac
09-18-2003, 10:29 PM
No.

the blue knight
09-19-2003, 02:05 PM
still no but find out your self ;)

eestlinc
09-20-2003, 06:31 AM
it will feature battles and summoning, and some guy named Cid. Plus, I hear there will be a cross-dressing pirate captain and an old guy with amnesia.

Cz
09-20-2003, 07:53 PM
My friend's second cousin's chiropractor said Aeris returns in this one, too.

But aside from a few screenshots, no. Nothing.

SuperPac
09-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Ya know, in EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this site about FF12, someone has been sarcastic and some something obvious about the game. "It will probably have someone named Cid!" "Summons! Summons!" Jeez, it's getting annoying... Oh well, I did it too, so I can't complain... much.

Rostum
09-23-2003, 01:19 AM
I know there's that promotional FFXII poster picture about, Square just wants to tease us. Either way it looks pretty good!

NM
09-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Isn't FFXII being shown at the Tokyo Game Show at the end of this month?

Ouch!
09-27-2003, 05:23 PM
That's the rumour.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-13-2003, 03:21 AM
In the bottom-left corner of the teaser poster, there's a person of the bangaa race, which first appeared in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. So, FFXII will probably feature bangaas, too.

Ouch!
10-13-2003, 08:51 PM
They've been saying FFXII will have more than just that bangaa in common with Tactics Advanced for quite a while now. Also, aren't the people doing the animation the same people who did it for FFTactics and Vagrant Story? I think I saw that when the promotional poster was first released that long while back...

ZeZipster
10-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Zaphier
They've been saying FFXII will have more than just that bangaa in common with Tactics Advanced for quite a while now. Also, aren't the people doing the animation the same people who did it for FFTactics and Vagrant Story? I think I saw that when the promotional poster was first released that long while back...

Who've been saying that? I remember pointing out the lizard in the corner, and then some one talking about the Bangaa later on but I've never heard any official news about FFXII besides the teaser.

SuperPac
10-14-2003, 06:09 AM
Exactly. Besides the three of us, I've heard no information from ANYWHERE about it, sans the teaser.

SomethingBig
10-24-2003, 12:47 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Cid will not be making an appearance in FFXII, much like in FFX. You know what I think'll happen? I think Butz(Bartz), Cecil, Locke and/or Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus'll team up to fight the evil force of whoever the final boss of FFV is(I'm still playing it), whoever the final boss of FFIV is(I stopped playing it), Kefka, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Kuja, and Seymour in an epic Fighting RPG. No? Oh, ok.

Ultros0
10-24-2003, 01:34 AM
you know what would be really cool... when they decide to stop making final fantasies and they make a phenomenal story connecting every single final fantasy for the last one

Cloudane
10-24-2003, 11:33 PM
A Final Final Fantasy? ;)

Maybe it's wouldn't be far off either - the series does seem to have stagnated somewhat since Enix got their finger in the pie (bar one awesome FF7 follow-up). I'll believe the existence of FFXII when someone from Square actually shows something of its development (other than that single concept artwork from way-back-when!)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SomethingBig
I remember reading somewhere that Cid will not be making an appearance in FFXII, much like in FFX.Cid was in FFX, though.
Originally posted by Cloudane
A Final Final Fantasy? ;)

Maybe it's wouldn't be far off either - the series does seem to have stagnated somewhat since Enix got their finger in the pie (bar one awesome FF7 follow-up).I'd say it would be just fine if the company became inclined to take more time than it's been taking recently to develop the next FF.

SomethingBig
10-25-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
Cid was in FFX, though.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Rikku's father was named Cid.

Heartless Xin
10-28-2003, 10:36 AM
!. it won't use roman numerals in the title. it will be final fantasy 12, not XII

2. the first trailer will debut at tokyo game show in mid november

3.there is a promo poster out for 12, as well as a developer's bio that shows a new race of some sort.

4. for some reason, the focl character in the poster is wearing an almost identical coat to sir auron. and he has shades on too. but don't get your hopes up kiddies.

5.the world map is expected to make a return.

that' about all i know......