PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so do you like it or not?

Sefie1999AD
09-17-2003, 12:09 PM
There seems to be loads of people posting negative stuff in FF9 threads about the game, as if the game had more haters than likers. Many people say stuff like "it's a good game but I hate it as an FF game". Please, make up your mind. Do you like it or not?

This poll has only two choices: yes and no. Choose your side.

EDIT: I'd like to remind you guys about the question in this thread. It's about if you like FF9 as a game. For example, even if you think FF9 is the worst FF ever created by Square, if you still thought FF9 was a good game and you liked it, the answer can still be 'yes'. We aren't comparing FF9 to other FF games in this thread (I think that comparison has already been done in these forums for a few times). Instead, we are comparing it to all the other games out there. Or actually, let's not compare it to anything. :) Just tell me whether you liked Final Fantasy IX or not.

Kindo
09-17-2003, 01:13 PM
I think the reason the "negative people" are seen more, is simply because they're more loud. And it's also often easier to talk about your hatred, rather than your love for a game. I personally love Final Fantasy IX. It brought back that more medieval, or magical feel the FF's up until 7 had. And it's definitely the most relaxing and cozy of any game in the series. It is true that the story doesn't quite live up to the stories of some of the other games, but it's still very good.

Final Fantasy IX is not the best game in the series, but for me, it'll always remain my favourite.

m4tt
09-17-2003, 01:31 PM
It's my second favorite FF game. So yes, I like it.

Nait
09-17-2003, 02:30 PM
It is like the Moon to stars.

MagicKnight Locke
09-17-2003, 04:57 PM
i like it but i accidentally voted i dont.Though it is my 5th favourite ff.Behind ff8,ff3j,ff6 and ff5

I fixed your vote ~m4tt

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
I like it. I'm playing it through for the second time right now.

Sefie1999AD
09-17-2003, 05:05 PM
i like it but i accidentally voted i dont.Though it is my 5th favourite ff.Behind ff8,ff3j,ff6 and ff5

Oh great. Could a mod/admin please fix that, and could s/he also change the poll question to:

Is Final Fantasy IX good as a video game?

(the last 4 words in italics, to emphasize that this is about what people think of FF9 as a video game, NOT how good it is compared to other Squaresoft titles)

EDIT: Oh, and looks like I haven't stated my opinion in this thread yet. I think FF9's a great game. :D

I fixed your stuff too. :p ~m4tt

Zantetsuken !!!
09-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Indeed, FF9 ROX, its my favorite FF in the series, i like it most than others FF's, dont know why but i like very much, the second best FF is FF6 no doubt:cool:

Xander
09-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Great, fun game won't say any more as I've said it in the other thread.

One of my fave games of all time.

Leia
09-17-2003, 06:20 PM
If it's between did you like 9 or not... I would say yes because it was good, not my favourite but still a yes. Just a few things got to me but I certainly didn't hate it after all it's an FF... how could I? :p

Sefie1999AD
09-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Leia
If it's between did you like 9 or not... I would say yes because it was good, not my favourite but still a yes.

My question is very clearly whether you liked FF9 or not. The question is NOT whether it's your favorite or not, as I've stated a few times already.

EDIT: To Leia, yeah, that's right. xD

Leia
09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
My question is very clearly whether you liked FF9 or not. The question is NOT whether it's your favorite or not, as I've stated a few times already.
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss! IX- I say yes! I say yes! yes! yes! Have I done it right this time?

Heath
09-17-2003, 08:58 PM
It certainly is a good computer game. The game is fun and not overly complex making it easy to get into.
The only thing that I dislike is the way the characters look outside of certain parts, though that's just me.

Of course compared to other Final Fantasies...

Divina
09-18-2003, 05:31 AM
I love FFIX. I like the theme, and how complex the characters are. It's quite fun, too.

Cz
09-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Yup. It's my second, or possibly third favourite in the series. I like it as an FF and a video game.

Breine
09-20-2003, 01:52 PM
I don't like it... I LOVE it! :love:

SpikingZero
09-21-2003, 02:41 AM
Yes. I like it.

Jack
09-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I don't like it. I like it as a game, but not a Final Fantasy

Sefie1999AD
09-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Legolas63
I don't like it. I like it as a game, but not a Final Fantasy

Oh man. I'm now getting offended for people voting on the poll without reading the question properly, especially when I've emphasized the question several times already.

I'll repeat this once again.

POLL QUESTION:
Is Final Fantasy IX good as a video game?

And earlier in this thread, I said:

this is about what people think of FF9 as a video game, NOT how good it is compared to other Squaresoft titles

And I also said:

I'm not trying to be a dictator and order what people should vote on the poll, but IMHO, it's very conflicting to say "I don't like the game. I liked it as a game but not as an FF", when I was especially asking for what people think about it as a game when it isn't compared to any FF game.

Free Spirit
09-24-2003, 05:12 AM
Poor Sephiroth1999AD.....But yes I did like the game very much so. I love it as a video game and how it seems to grip your attention and has twists. I'm impresssed by it as a game...not from FF..hehehe.

Angel_Reaper
09-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah I like FFIX. I dont play it much but I do like it. I like the Mogs and Zidane :love: ,little pervert with a cute tail. :D

Female Ryuichi
09-26-2003, 08:04 PM
It's an good game, no doubt about it. I think it's an good vedio game and FF game.

Jack
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
sorry about that.

Anyway, WHY do you guys like FFIX? I think you should discuss this on my thread, "Why FFIX is the worst FF ever!"
it makes for pretty interesting converstaion and i'll love for some fresh opinions.

Try it, you might like it.

Flare_Star
09-30-2003, 08:37 PM
this game is the best game ever made if you dont include other square titles. which doesnt make it the best game ever made.......

but it rocks !:D

Cz
10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Legolas63 Anyway, WHY do you guys like FFIX? I think you should discuss this on my thread, "Why FFIX is the worst FF ever!"

I've already taken part in too many of those threads. In my experience, it doesn't change anyone's opinion, or even inspire new discussion about the game. I haven't read your thread, but I'm sure it'll be pretty much the same.

Streetspirit
10-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Yes, I like ff IX as a game, but as a final fantasy I think... *gets snipered*

Jack
10-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey, it changed my opinion slightly.
I used to think the story was complet and utter C***
but now I think it's a fantastic part of it.
And I don't hate it completly, I like VIVI for a start.

I think if people go in with an open mind, but with a opinon that okay. I did, and althogth YES some don't, I don't think it matters.

SHOUT from the rooftops about your love or hate. It's the only way.

zacks_clone
10-03-2003, 01:17 AM
i think it is a pretty good game.Certainly not may favorite ofcourse( i have diffrent tastes.)but one of them for sure.

the blitzer
10-03-2003, 10:26 PM
I like FF9. It's my 3rd favourtie after FF10 and 8.

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 06:13 PM
WOW! Lets all give FF9 a big hand!

Marvin the machine
12-03-2003, 06:22 PM
FF IX is one of the best FF games ever!!

Gene Ohm
12-04-2003, 12:29 PM
its not the worst ff, that would be 8 or possibly 5 but its not the best either, its just a really good game with a few flaws *cough*easyashell*cough*

little devil
06-10-2004, 02:09 PM
i love everything about it

little devil
06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
[B]i love everything about it

m4tt
06-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Ohhh... not only did you revive a dead thread, you double posted. Don't do either. :p