PDA

View Full Version : What exactly made Kingdom Heart's one of the greatest games you've ever played??

Mr. Graves
09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Ok, me being someone who is a big FF fan, rented Kingdom Hearts out of sheer skepticism. It turned out to be a wise move; this game got on my nerves right from the beginning. So I'm offering you, oh devoted Kingdom Hearts fan-people, a chance to tell me why I should rent it again and possibly give this one another shot??

Ok..... go.

Advent Child
09-17-2003, 09:34 PM
the battle system is great, and so is the story. you just need to ignore donald's voice

Kenshin IV
09-17-2003, 10:01 PM
You leave Donald alone!

Anyway, it's certainly NOT one of the greatest games ever to grace the gaming world, but it was one of the best games of that year, and RPGs really haven't been that spectacular for the past four or five years. Kingdom Hearts was a great game, with great characters, a fast-paced and really fun battle system, and a pretty darn good story too.
I had my doubts before the game came out. I liked Square (despite their recent slump), I like Disney, but thinking about Final Fantasy and Disney characters in the same game socializing together really didn't sit well with me. Honestly, it still doesn't. That Aeris scene where she's talking to Donald and Goofey made me cringe. Thankfully, that was the only real conversation between the two series that ever occured. After that, the plusses certainly outwayed the minusses, and I will be lined up, and in full support, for Kingdom Hearts 2.

m4tt
09-18-2003, 02:04 AM
Um, because it's fun? The real time battle system adds challenge, you have to select items and magic on the fly. It makes it more fun. I don't really know how I can convince you to play it without giving my opinion of the game. I thought that was one of the reasons for opinions?

TheAbominatrix
09-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Well if you dont want opinions, just a reason, then go read the back of the box, I guess.

Mr. Graves
09-18-2003, 02:10 AM
I want opinions of the game and reasons as to why I should play it again.

I seriously think you people need to read up. I deleted my previous post out of pure accident, BTW.

I'll see if I can type up what I deleted: I rented this game, and I thought the opening cinematics were pure awesome. It was truly sad the rest of the game wasn't this way. The first level took me awhile to get the hang of, the plot was hard to understand as the story seemed so scattered, and the shooting level between world was a ripoff of a game from an old Atari console. That should clear up my current perspective on the game.

TheAbominatrix
09-18-2003, 02:16 AM
What kind of reasons are you asking for? Its a good game. You should play it. I dont see any other sorts of 'reasons' to give.

Mr. Graves
09-18-2003, 02:17 AM
Well, I didn't like this game. Everyone else seems to love it. I'm obviously missing something.

BTW Thanks for attempting to ruin my thread.

eternalshiva
09-18-2003, 05:20 PM
>.< I think that to love this game you have to be obsessed with both Walt Disney and Final Fantasy. If you hate one, than the game amkes no sense.

The plot is fairly simple: lock the worlds that are interlinked with the keyblade and prevent the darkness from opening the final door with the use of the seven princesses of the heart. A bit more Disney than Final Fantasy. The whole point of the story is that basically FF and WD are in the same universe but live in different worlds and the Heartless are destroying the heart of the worlds through the keyhole and only the Keybalde master can keep them safe.

Its dorky but when you get into it, it sucks the time away from you ... especially the side quest bosses such as Sephiroth *died three times at level 99* Its fun, there's lots to do >.<

TheAbominatrix
09-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Graves
BTW Thanks for attempting to ruin my thread.

:rolleyes2 Yeah, that's what I did, I ruined your thread because you're the one who told off everyone that'd posted in it before hand, because no one really understands what the heck you want us to say.

If you didnt get the game the first time around, go rent it again. If you still dont get it and dont like it, it's not the game for you, go play something else. Simple.

Kenshin IV
09-19-2003, 04:26 PM
If you didn't like the game, what makes you think anything we say will make you change your mind? o_O

I thought you were just wondering what everyone else liked about it. If you didn't like it, I highly doubt you're going to find some all enlightening post that will completely change your whole perception of the game.

Also, how is it possible to die on Sephiroth at level 99 or 100? XD

=P

Mr. Graves
09-19-2003, 08:38 PM
The thing is, if everyone liked it and I didn't, there's something I'm missing. But I guess nothing anyone will say will make me find out what, I guess. I'll have to rent it again.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
I liked the game because it was lighted-hearted, very humorous, somewhat more challenging than RPG's have been in a while, the battle system is very fast-paced and fun, good story, and I loved the characters.

Originally posted by Mr. Graves
The thing is, if everyone liked it and I didn't, there's something I'm missing. But I guess nothing anyone will say will make me find out what, I guess. I'll have to rent it again.

Not necessary. *Analogy* I like oysters on a half shell. A lot of people don't like them, but I like them. There's not really much of anything I can say to make people see that they are good, I'm just one of the few who like them. *End Analogy* The same holds true here. Liking something is a relative thing, and it depends on what you like and don't like. If you don't like the game then you don't like the game. Other people's feelings on the game shouldn't sway your feelings on the game because they are your feelings. For example (and please don't start spamming about this, it's just an example), I don't understand why so many people don't like Final Fantasy VIII. In my opinion, it is the best FF game that Square has made to date (FFX close second, and yes I have played all of them that have been released in the states). But so many people don't like it, and I don't understand why. On the other hand, it is not within my power to make people like things, so if people don't like the game I accept that, I just don't understand. It's all relative. If everyone liked Kingdom Hearts and you didn't, that doesn't necessarily mean you missed something, that just means you didn't like it, simple as that.

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Also, how is it possible to die on Sephiroth at level 99 or 100? XD

It is, mainly because of that attack he does that drains all your HP and MP, and the fact that he's faster that greased poo.

Kenshin IV
09-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Eh, once you see it a couple of times, Sin Harvest really isn't too difficult to counter. I still find it funny just how much harder his second phase is compared to his first and third. XD

Advent Child
09-23-2003, 10:48 PM
so it's not that you don't see how you can die. it's that you personally don't die most of the time.

ZeZipster
10-07-2003, 11:47 PM
I bought it for cameos. Standing the disney characters was worth that match with Sephiroth.

Mr. Graves
10-10-2003, 02:56 AM
If anyone cares, I haven't rented it again yet. I might not for another week yet. I'm a busy person.

SomethingBig
10-11-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
>.< I think that to love this game you have to be obsessed with both Walt Disney and Final Fantasy. If you hate one, than the game amkes no sense.

Its dorky but when you get into it, it sucks the time away from you ... especially the side quest bosses such as Sephiroth *died three times at level 99* Its fun, there's lots to do >.<
That first paragraph isn't true. I didn't like Disney at all(except for the Lion King), let alone obsess over it and I still loved, wait that's the wrong word. Hm... Words cannot express the love I feel for Kingdom Hearts. I'll leave it at that. The beginning(the island and Traverse Town) are quite boring, but once you set off on your first adventure, you'll literally be at the edge of your seat. I sure was. The only problem was that the only summon I found useful was Tinkerbell and the only magics I found useful were Cure, Gravity(sometimes), and Aero. Other than those minor things, everything was absolutely amazing. I especially loved playing in Halloween Town. <3<3 Jack <3<3

EDIT: Sephiroth usually teleports near me when he uses Sin Harvest, so I just hit him. Even when he doesn't, it's actually a blessing because I'm able to hit him with at least 5 Strike Raids before he gets to use the attack.