PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist

Jack
09-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, what are your wishes for this game
(As In Magic, Battle, Story, Characters...hell anything)

What would you want? (I'm basically asking, what would be your perfect FF?)

Shayo
09-18-2003, 01:00 AM
im hoping for unbeleivably cool wepons, a main character with brown spikey hair (kinda like sora's from kingdom hearts) a really evil final boss, some secret bosses that are ten times harder than the final boss, abad guy that u fight through the whole game and then near the end he/she joins ur team cuzhe/she says "if u cant beat em join em, airships, chocobo, reeally really cool names for all the characters, voice acting (but only if the voice fits the character) and thats about it

Maxico
09-18-2003, 05:46 PM
To have a good time playing it.

SuperPac
09-18-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm wanting the game to be actually hard, so I won't have an overly easy time beating the final boss. Yeah, there should still be an "extra" boss that is harder, but I don't want the final boss to be super easy, either.

I think there should be more plot twists the X had. There just wasn't enough that was unexpected (which is very little). I want more things that make me drop the controller and let my chin hit the floor. I want to not know what's happening and have to figure it out later. I want to have to speculate as to what the hell is going on, rather than just knowing.

Basically, make it a TRUE FF game, nothing like X that's too easy or VIII which was far too different. (By the way, I enjoyed both games. In fact, I love them! They just weren't FF games...)

Oh yeah, and there should also be a really, REALLY cool final summon that you can get that is overtly powerful, but nearly impossible to get if you don't know what you're doing (ala FFVII).

Alpha
09-18-2003, 11:15 PM
I want a final boss that feels good to kill. You know, a boss that destroys half the world, kills your family, then your party members families, then more.

edczxcvbnm
09-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by SuperPac
I'm wanting the game to be actually hard, so I won't have an overly easy time beating the final boss. Yeah, there should still be an "extra" boss that is harder, but I don't want the final boss to be super easy, either.

Then they will have to do what Xenogears or Chrono Cross did and elminate the use of levels for the most part. All the bosses are challenging if you don't do absolutly everything in the game and try not to level up. They become hard.

My wish list for the game is to have story that revolves around a good story and not a couple of characters and what they are always thinking. Something more like FFVII and Xenogears. They keep so much hidden from you that you strive to seek it out and the story isn't necessarily told from one perspective so you can see where most characters are coming from in their 'plight' lets just say. NO EVIL BAD GUY THAT IS JUST 'EVIL' FOR THE SAKE OF BEING EVIL!!!!!

katana
09-20-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey I know some things that would make a great FF game! How about Cid, an Airship, and things like Bahamut or Shiva!!!
*obvious sarcasm*
:choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:

Stupid Moomba 88
09-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Be serious. IT WILL have them is has to, otherwise it's not a FF.

I'd like a futuristic setting, where different characters can have different weapons. Like they could be weilding a sword, but they put it away, and drw out two pistols.
This could be useful so they could go to the back row (Remember?) and fire of a few rounds. I would also like battle sequences that use their enviroment, instead of being on a flat plane.

Jack
09-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Sounds a bit like Vagrant Story. Except maybe the Futuristic & Guns. But everything else, you could do.

Origin
09-24-2003, 02:14 AM
A battle system that is actually gameplay and not just tedious X button bashing...
Shiny swords
A good story without plotholes

That'll do it for me :)

Cz
09-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Origin
A battle system that is actually gameplay and not just tedious X button bashing...

If you're thinking real-time battling, I think that would be too big a departure for the series, and would be poorly received. I know I wouldn't like it, and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

Jack
09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I'd like it, but it just wouldn't be Final Fantasy, so you're right it would be BADLY recieved. I like it in Vagrant story but not a FF

SuperPac
09-25-2003, 02:23 AM
Star Ocean rules in that matter, but even if FFXII had that, it wouldn't be FF. No, same battle system, please!

Atma Weapon
10-03-2003, 05:35 AM
It should have two ultimate bosses, one who is very difficult but ultimately defeatable, ala Omega from FF5, and one which the game designers do not think it is possible to beat. Just take some incredibly cool enemy model, max out it's stats and give it a LOT of overwhelmingly powerful attacks. It should have a monster that is simply unbeatable. Final Fantasy ultimate monsters have been too easy. It also needs moogles. Lots of Moogles. It should have at least one town that looks like this.:mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog:

Jack
10-15-2003, 08:46 PM
NO....IT NEEDS MOOMBAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
AND CHOCOBOS
:choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:
AND ESPECIALLY MOOGLES
:mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog: :mog:
BUT NOT TIAMAT, MARITH, KRAKEN & LICH

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Cloudane
10-16-2003, 12:45 AM
1. Original, not another remake
2. Moogles to return
3. Fantasy setting a'la FF9, FF6 etc
4. Chocobos, Cid, airship etc as normal
5. A pre-FFX style world map where you can actually explore it
6. Not a completely linear "interactive movie" like FFX (combine with 5)
7. Female lead role. Don't ask me why, it'd just be a nice change.
8. Voice acting, but none of these huge gaps between facial reaction and voice output.

Kahless
10-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I'd like a setting that doesn't look like europe or japan. Something that hasn't actually been done before. They should update the old ff2j weapon magic mastery system so that you could customize them to your style of play without making them all alike. It's also more realistic.

Stupid Moomba 88
10-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, an Australasian look would be cool, or sumthing that looks like a American suburb! NOW THAT WOULD ROCK! Imagine the enemies, angry mums, :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing basketball, ameriacn football jocks and their whoring cheerleaders. Oh, and don't forget, tje yankee at the end of the street who secretly does drugs and carries a gun, while traveling in his pickup.

Don't forget how everyone hates the nation, then when sumthing goes wrong, they love it again, with renewed patriotism.
And you must fight againist Hamburgers and Baseball players. Its a rule.

ZeZipster
10-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Stupid Moomba 88
Yeah, an Australasian look would be cool, or sumthing that looks like a American suburb! NOW THAT WOULD ROCK! Imagine the enemies, angry mums, :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing basketball, ameriacn football jocks and their whoring cheerleaders. Oh, and don't forget, tje yankee at the end of the street who secretly does drugs and carries a gun, while traveling in his pickup.

Don't forget how everyone hates the nation, then when sumthing goes wrong, they love it again, with renewed patriotism.
And you must fight againist Hamburgers and Baseball players. Its a rule.

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm?

Ultros0
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
i think a main character or key teammate should turn into the final boss

FinalLethal
10-29-2003, 05:24 AM
hmm its like kingdomhearts cept rikku wasnt the last boss, i think that square should stop using the 'save the planet because someone wants to destroy it' routine. ffX did offer some variation to it but im wondering what else could your main party fight for?
i wouldnt mind something along the lines of ffVII at the start, where cloud barret etc had to destroy shinra. Maybe an evil organisation hell bent on world domination :p just not the destruction of the world.

Jack
10-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Agreed. That was cool, but FFVIII's was cool too, for it didn't have a mission. But if a whole game had that style, it'll suck.

Like that American setting thing.

Kahless
10-30-2003, 03:08 AM
i think that square should stop using the 'save the planet because someone wants to destroy it' routine

I agree. What about overthrow an evil and corrupt government. I know they sorta did that with shin-ra but than they decided to switch to sephy the goth with a sword. But if they stay with evil government or corporation, i think it would rock.

SomethingBig
10-30-2003, 11:39 PM
SEPHIROTH IS NOT A GOTH.

Jack
11-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but GREEBO characters would be cool.
And have cool music from Rage Againist The Machine too

SuperPac
11-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Perhaps they should have the ultimate tea party, and someone doesn't like the tea so they set out fighting the ultimate monsters/villains in order to get the perfect ingredient, so their little friend could enjoy his tea and cakes in peace.

I don't know, I think the whole "save the world" thing has been over done as well, but that's sort of the point; heros wouldn't be heros if they weren't saving everything. And if they defeated an corporation hell beant on ruling the world, they'd still be saving the world...

Jack
11-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Maybe it could be all about a band......GREEBO band right and they have to track down cool songs at the same time.

Oh yeah...they save the world too

muchacho
11-04-2003, 04:34 AM
But the European style rocks! as you brave those super Narrow, claustrophobic streets, avoiding Snobby Englishmen with bad breath and green teeth, then as you make your way onto the mainland, you need to watch out for Cigarette smoking Nihilistic Frenchwomen with armpit hair. The ending of the game consists of you sitting in a bistro smoking a cigarette with your untrustworthy friend talking about how much shit life is.

Or the Japanese setting is fantastic. That evil toilet was pretending to be your friend. Talking smooth to you and playing soothing music, and just when you trust it, BAM! it squirts a jet of water up your ass!!!! Kefka has nothing on that evil toilet.

dont judge America by the lowest common denominator. there are ideas for inspiration, you need to look for them. How about a game set in the old west? Or the Colonial period? where things like muskets are still in use. Not every RPG has to be either medieval France or science fiction 2500A.D or a combination thereof.

Seriously, i would like to see a return to reality with the Final fantasies. Cmon, in the battles you and your sword can slice through beings made out of metal, and your limit break destroys the universe, but your girlfriend dies when some loser runs his sword through her, and it never occured to you to use a phoenix down. And what is wrong with guns? I never understood how a man with a Sword did more damage than a man with a gun. Watch Indiana Janes and you'll see where im coming from...

I like the idea of a dark setting, like, in a post-apocalyptic or cyber-punk setting. But you gotta save the world, its been a pre-requisite for EVERY RPG ever made. How intense would a game be if the main objective of the game was to find your car in the parking lot?

BTW, i havent played FF2 yet, but every final fantasy deals with some kind of high technology, or has some backround that involved high tech peoples in the distant past.

I love a simple battle system. you know how annoying it was to gain levels in legends of dragoon or legends of Legia, or chrono cross? final fantasy has always been the game where i can gain levels in my sleep, which increases the overal flow of the game. I love innovation though, i thought the overal flow and pace of FFX's system was alot faster than the ATB system of previous games, where you had to wait for your little bar thingy to raise up. I like deviations, but nothing that makes the game any more complex than it has to be. I'll go play Zelda if i want real-time combat.

And the hero has to be the best fighter. period. No matter what (s)he needs to be able to whup anyone's sorry ass in a slugfest. It just doesnt seem natural when your hero is the wussy white mage.

jimbojim
11-15-2003, 05:14 AM
I would also like not to know what is going on until the end like FFIX a little...and one of my most enjoyable moments is when Cecil becomes a Paladin in FFIV...that kind of stuff should be included in FFXII..not similar of course.Sphere Grid was innovative...like it or not they deserve respect for it..I can't imagine how many hours it took 'em to build such a big thing..that sphere grid in FFX is HUGE!!!Saving the planet is okay but I would like to see something that affects only the characters you control, not having a big evil fiend who wants to destroy everything...something more personal...

Germ Hamee
11-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Plot twists, please. This gamer needs to be shocked. Kill another main charactor, lead me on and then make me hate myself for being so completely ignorant. Gimme stuff to talk about after the game is over.

I'd like to have the medieval, IX and VI setting back as well. The futuristic stuff is nice I guess but I'm just a fantasy kind of guy. I kind of like the idea of a native american-esque fantasy game, though.

I really liked the idea behind X's lack of a worldmap but it ended up being too linear. It'd be cool if it were similar to XI in that there is no world map and you can explore pretty much anything you want.

metCloud
11-15-2003, 09:14 PM
I would like to see an incredibly evil boss. like another kefka or somthing. the main boss is what keeps me in the game the most. he has to make me hate him so much, then i can feel soooo awsome when i murder them. Maybe somthing like a team boss would be cool. Like brothers or somthing??? Doesnt really matter though, im sure i will love it anyway it turns out.

Jack
11-15-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been gone 4 a while, but I'm back, spreading my pointless opinion across the board.

I would like a really dark style REALLY DARk, with loads of them dying, set in constant darkness, and them wearing cool greebo clthes like hoodies. Seriously, i would like that, with a really realistic style like FFVIII but dark like FFVII.

With clowns (Joking! No more Zorn and Thorn! Death to clowns!)

Shayo
11-16-2003, 06:31 PM
i read what you guys said about "enough of saving the world" and the "i would like the world map to be more like FFXI's" so i put those two i deas together and thought of what i want the game to be. ok the game could take place in ffXi like vana diel, u no like what they did with the .hack game how the game was about a game, there could be a main character, you could choose if you want to start out as a male or female, but you cant create him/her, and he'd/she'd look like sumthing of what a character would look like from ffXI, and in the beggining of the game, like around the time u start playing, a virus is injected into the game, so all the monsters are effected, and if they kill a player then their computer is affected by the virus and it crashes, and the more players computer that are effected, the less ppl play the game, meaning the profits for the game would go down and square would have to shut down vanadiel for ever. so then you decide to go travel across vanadiel to a place where the ppl who created the game are and you ask them whats wrong with the game and they tell you and they say a virus is in the game. so then you would set off on an adventure to destroy the virus to save all the computers from crashing. Oh and along the way you meet companions to help you, so you would at least have one elvaan, maybe two humes, one male one female, one tarutaru, one galka , and one mithra. and and the last boss would be a virus, and you learn how it was injected into the game, which i think should be becuz of your character that you create, the computer had a virus and the only way to save vanadiel and all the computers would be to delete your own character.

Kahless
11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
I have a better idea. Why not do things a little differnt. How about a video game company wants to take over the world so they release all their mosters and so on. So then your team of created charecters travels around trying to destroy all the monsters. The ultimate bad guy would be the head of the evil video game company.

Shayo
11-16-2003, 07:09 PM
hey Kahless, wanna combine our ideas, u no tomake like a super mega game like the virus was injected by a different game company then the main characters have to save there game and some how are transported to the other game companies game, and destroy their company from inside that game?

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 06:52 AM
I am hoping for a really fast paced battle system, with wicked combos and weapons. And please, lay aside all those Bolt1, Bolt2, Bolt3 sort of thing and make it something different.
There should be summons, yes! Summons!! Secret rare summons, too!! Hmm.... a job system would be good, too, since it takes place in Ivalice the place that FFT took place in.
There should be some secret bosses, too!
The storyline should not be fast paced, something that is worth playing for a few months.
Good music and sounds, of course!
Less love and more action!!!<----That's the main thing!