PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing in the Ruby battles

MJN SEIFER
09-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Sometimes Ruby Will kill somone by making them sink after that happens a message will come up sayin "Limit Break!" but won't tell you WHO get's one! it exactly the same message that appears in the Cloud VS Sephiroth fight at the end why is this?!

Nevermore
09-18-2003, 06:34 PM
I know that just as much as I know why the pilot in the airship gets a Limit break message besides him. When he's on level 14, before the second raid to Midgar.

ShadyMilkman
09-19-2003, 12:21 AM
I always assumed that the Limit Break went to guy who got sank because it literally causes massive irreversable damage. And the pilot thing.... I STILL DON'T GET THAT!!! I mean, did we all miss something? Did that mean that we could make him do some barrel-rolls in the Highwind or something??? I don't get it.

Kindo
09-19-2003, 12:24 AM
The pilot gets more experience throughout the game, he gains levels. Just at some point (I think it's just before he becomes Full-Fledged), he gets Limit Break. It's just cool.

ShadyMilkman
09-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Yeeeah, but what's the actual point? Does he DO something?

Big D
09-19-2003, 06:08 AM
The pilot's "Limit Break" is merely a joke. He's reached the absolute limits of rookie-hood, and he's about to break free and become the "Full-fledged Pilot" that he is during disc three. If you talk to the pilot regularly during disc two, you'll notice that his rank and comments progress as he becomes more experienced.

Nevermore
09-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Did that mean that we could make him do some barrel-rolls in the Highwind or something??? I don't get it.

Lmao! That'd be awesome.

DarkNation
09-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Well, just so you know, Ruby's attach which takes one of your characters out of the battle is actually ruby's limit break.

MJN SEIFER
09-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by DarkNation
Well, just so you know, Ruby's attach which takes one of your characters out of the battle is actually ruby's limit break.

Ohhh I see!

Thanks for clearing that up!

and I think the Pilot is just a little Joke!

ShadyMilkman
09-20-2003, 06:54 PM
I think the Pilot is just a little Joke!
Yeah, but it would still be cool if he turned some barrel rolls or something.

katana
09-20-2003, 09:11 PM
wait, doesn't the pilot have something to do with Cids highwind limit break?

Radje
09-20-2003, 10:47 PM
It can't be Ruby's limit break because if you'll notice he uses it twice usually at the very beginning of the battle. Although here's a tip. Kill off two characters before you start the battle. He wont use the whirlpool attack so when he sticks his fingers in the ground revive th two characters who were dead and then you can fight with 3 characters instead of one.