PDA

View Full Version : Question on how limit breaks work?

Xander
09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
One thing I've never been 100% sure of, as the first time I beat FFVII I didn't even notice that you had to set the limits to the next level so only had level 1 limits the whole way through ^^

So I just wondered if somebody could tell me how you gain new limits? Is it simply by using the old ones a certain amount of times or is it influenced by other actions in battle?

I am just outside North Corel, before you get to the Gold Saucer. I have managed to get all of Aeris' limits before Great Gospel by just using each limit I gained loads of times until I got another one. However I have Yuffie in my party and she has her "Clear Tranquil" limit break. I've used it *loads* of times and while Aeris' limits have gone up Yuffie hasn't gained any level 2 limits at all yet.

Plus Cloud has been on Level 2, Climhazzard for ages and his doesn't seem to be going up to Level 3 yet.

Do I just need to keep using the most recent limit I have gained, to get the next one or is it some other way? Maybe Aeris' limits are gained quickly because she dies?

Divina
09-18-2003, 05:39 PM
To go to the next level in Limit Breaks, you have to kill a certain number of enemies. I think it's 80 for most of the characters, except Vincent and Cait Sith, who get 60...not sure.

Xander
09-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh, so that's it... Thanks Divina :D

Rostum
09-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Don't forget, you need to use the limit break numerous times. ;)

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2003, 07:12 AM
It depends on the particular limit. Some require a certain amount of uses, other a certain amount of kills. GameFaqs.com has a few documents on this, I'd get the address for one for ya, but my comp is lagging pretty badly at the moment. Just look in the FFVII section.

Xander
09-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Ok thanks TheAbominatrix and Mojo Pin I will look it up on there :thumb:

Kindo
09-19-2003, 01:43 PM
The limit breaks have levels. They have two limits on each level. It's easiest to say that you have limit 1A and 1B, then 2A and 2B, etc. First, to advance a number (from level 1 to level 2 for example) you have to kill a certain amount of enemies. But to get the B limit, you have to use the A limit a certain amount of times.

Example: Cloud's 1A limit is Braver. To get his level 1B limit (Cross Slash) you have to use his 1A limit about 5-7 times, I think. To get his 2A limit, Cloud has to deliver the finishing blow on a certain amount of enemies (around 80, I think), and then you can get his 2B limit by using his 2A limit a certain amount of times. And so on, and so on... Makes sense?

There are a few exceptions. For example, you only have one limit on level 4, and it's always learned from a "manual". A special item you need to find. And you must've learnt limit 3A in order to use the manual.
Vincent and Caith Sith are exceptions. Vincent don't have any B limits, so all you have to do with him in order to gain new limits, is to kill loads of enemies. And Cait Sith only have two limits, 1A and 2A. You gain 2A by killing a certain amount of enemies with him.

It's not the easiest thing to explain the limit break system in FF7, but I hope it all makes sense now.

Xander
09-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Oh, that was *very* helpful Kindo, thank you. *feels enlightened*
I hope Cloudy gets there soon! :D

Hmm when can I first get Aeris' 4th limit break manual cos I have all the others now? Mind you Pulse of Life is pretty damn good anyway.

MagicKnight Locke
09-19-2003, 06:38 PM
get beta on the char u want to level and go fight either the battery things in rocket town forest,those mushrrom thingys at corel or in the mythril cave.Whoa ull get them so quickly.Also bring hypers to get the second limit break on each level.Hyper makes ur limit bar go up faster.The best place to get that is the battery forest where there are also valrons who cast demi 3 on ya.Those mushrooms bomb you with their nasty lasers so be ready.

The 4th limit break of aeris is given by the guy who needs mithril.Get him the mithril and open wither the upper or lower chest,one of them contains aeris's 4th limit break