PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinions on Kid (CC)

Imperia
09-18-2003, 04:58 PM
There are many people who don't like Chrono Cross, but despite the bad aspects of it, the game has one great heroine, and that is Kid. I love her personality, her character, and her courage. She is far more courageous than most RPG heroines out there. She's not like many of the Final Fantasy heroines either. I mean, she's not passive, she doesn't scream, "save me!" She actually uses a STRONG weapon (daggers are awesome), she's not a nicey-nice airhead, she's not ditzy, she doesn't go around chasing boys everywhere, and she shows no mercy to the enemies. She's even, in my opinion, more realistic than other RPG heroines. She has problems, yet doesn't like to show her weak side. She's ferocious, yet she's really a sweet person deep inside- all those things reflect real life emotions- not the idealistic personality that many of the Final Fantasy female leads have. The girls in Chrono Trigger are more real as well.

Well, that's what I have to say about Kid for now. What are your opinions on her?

Outsider
09-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Kid is maybe the only character in CC (besides Serge and Lynx) that is not ridiculously thrown in the game, only for the player have her in the team...

But I think that her charcter could be way more explored...

And the "old" FF heroines weren't passive, "save me" kind of girls... I remember characters like Rydia, Rosa, Faris, Celes, or Terra were great characters, and very strong too...

Zantetsuken !!!
09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
I agree with Imperia in lots of points, Kid is a wonderful ( maybe the best) RPG heroine, but FF heroines are not weak in any point, E.G Celes and Terra from FF6 they rock, Rydia and Rosa( maybe Rosa is kinda of save me heroine, but shes strong) from FF4 and a lots and lots of other Heroines wich i dont have the patience to remember, but the true message is: IM GOING TO KICK YOUR BLOODY ARSE TO THE MOONS( man how i love that line) KID ROX !!!

ForeverZeroUltima
09-21-2003, 05:05 AM
wich i dont have the patience to remember, but the true message is: IM GOING TO KICK YOUR BLOODY ARSE TO THE MOONS( man how i love that line)

*points at middle of my signature*

fire_of_avalon
09-22-2003, 05:40 AM
I know people may get tired of her, but Rinoa was no, save me save me girl either. Sure, Squall may have ended up saving her, but she could hold her own in battle, and ended up teaching the main character a thing or two about life. That's what I think, anyways.

Angel_Reaper
09-24-2003, 01:24 AM
True Rinoa did teach Squall a few things. I love it when she got on to him for being so much of a "meany" as she called him.
Kid is the most strongest heroine I seen so far. I also like her accsent she has as well. :) But I love all the heroines in FF7-10 and CT and CC. :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-25-2003, 02:30 PM
I wont argue or agree with anyone!

All I'll Do is add.....

Kid sure did have some nice Cleavage.... :D

Edgar
11-14-2003, 06:06 AM
Exploring Kid's character? We know quite a lot about her in CT already :o

Kana-chan
11-18-2003, 11:40 PM
I didn't think that Kidd was that good, and just for the record.
I don't recall ever coming across and damsel in distress when playing Final Fantasy, because is FF4, when Rydia's only a little girl, all of the other characters kept on forcing her to use the fire magic when she didn't want to. When in CC no one was like Rydia.

What about Celes? She was a general who had to play an opera singer, even though she was kidnapped by Setzer she still out-smarted him. When Kidd never did anything like that.

Even Aeris, wasn't weak and yelling "Save me!", in fact I recall she had gone off on her own to try and get rid of Sephiroth.

So next time, don't go thinking a Chrono Cross character is soooooooo much better than the rest of the heroines. Especially since Chrono Cross doesn't have much of a plot line at all.

Imperia
11-20-2003, 04:01 AM
If you don't like Kid, then that's fine, but I still believe she has a better personality than a number of the heroines in Final Fantasy. Heroines like Rydia, Celes, Aeris, and many others are strong, but there were still those who were very passive, and I'm not a huge fan of passive characters. I like the fiery types- whether they are male, or female.
As for damsels-in-distress, there ARE some in Final Fantasy. Such as Rosa and Rinoa, who were the biggest ones.

I have every right to voice my opinion as you do. Don't call yourself more superior than me just because I like Kid and Chrono Cross, and that you don't. I love Final Fantasy just as much as you do as well. I will not change my mind about Kid. I will stick to my own opinions. This is just how I am.

Germ Hamee
11-20-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Kana-chan
Especially since Chrono Cross doesn't have much of a plot line at all.

Heh. Actually I thought the CC plotline was much more realized than any FF game I've ever touched. The stories may go smoother and seem more polished in FF, but they were never complex and didn't strike me as amazingly well though out.

...anyway.

I loved Kid. She actually reminds me a lot of Faith from Buffy. She's got an attitude and a dagger and she's not afraid to use either one... but there's a person under there too. My problem when comparing her to other RPG heroines is not that the genre is littered with damsels-in-distress, but that they're all so the same. They all have heart and feelings but they're all independant and strong. It's nice to have one with a personality for once.

But Harle's better. ^_^

Imperia
11-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Reyn
My problem when comparing her to other RPG heroines is not that the genre is littered with damsels-in-distress, but that they're all so the same. They all have heart and feelings but they're all independant and strong. It's nice to have one with a personality for once.

But Harle's better. ^_^

I did notice that many were the same in one way or another. Some were different, but then again, the others all have the same traits.

As for Harle, I like her a lot too. Especially her charm and attacks.:cool:

Tokki Wartooth
12-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Outsider
And the "old" FF heroines weren't passive, "save me" kind of girls... I remember characters like ... Rosa ...
Dude, did you actually READ what you wrote there?

TheAbominatrix
12-06-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Tokkiquil
Dude, did you actually READ what you wrote there?

Rosa was certainly not the strongest of the FF girls, but she did a lot on her own. Heck, she followed Cecil all the way to Kaipo, even though the road was blocked. She couldnt take care of herself all the time... but she's not a fighter. She took good care of everyone else, though.

Tokki Wartooth
12-07-2003, 05:18 AM
She was always like "Save me, Cecil!"

TheAbominatrix
12-07-2003, 05:33 AM
When? She only needed saving once.

Outsider
12-07-2003, 06:15 AM
I say that Rosa was strong, and could protect herself... like when she was captured by Golbez, she couldn't do anything... Golbez could capture Cecil if he wanted to... I believe that he only had good taste :D ...

Anyway, at the very least I can say that Rosa had strong personality, and was a great character...

TheAbominatrix
12-07-2003, 06:27 AM
I agree, and I think since this is a thread on Kidd, I'll make a thread for Rosa. Yay.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-08-2003, 03:24 AM
Kid's great.

PETE
03-17-2004, 10:21 PM
well she ok because she is technicaly related to MAGUS
wich MAGUS is GOD.

but i prefer SERGE, GLENN, and GROBYC for a party since magus isnt on CC

Chibi Youkai
03-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Kid really needed to have a much better storyline. It also kinda stunk that she was unplayable for a great deal of the game. One thing they could have done was expand a little on who she really is... I'm too lazy to put in spoiler tags..., and that should have really been larger than they put it as.

The Man
03-18-2004, 01:31 AM
PETE already spoiled it anyway. And brought the thread back from the dead. gj

Kid is kew', but there should have been more of a reaction when she learned that she was Schala's daughter-clone and basically existed for the sole purpose of keeping Serge alive. Being such a free spirit as Kid and then finding out that you're basically a puppet would have earth-shattering implications, and the game didn't get into that at all.

Still an awesome character though.

Chibi Youkai
03-18-2004, 03:31 AM
Aloung with the whole Wazuki=Lynx thing, which was also veeery overlooked, and that should have been earth-shattering also.

The Man
03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Oy. And the fact that Harle is the seventh Dragon God wasn't entirely overlooked, but it wasn't given nearly as much story time as it should have been, either. What even happens to her after the other six Dragon Gods merge? If memory serves, she's in Chronopolis when that happens, while they're in Dinopolis, and after that point, Harle is never mentioned again (except in the Demi-human Victory ending, I think).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-18-2004, 09:44 PM
In the Japanese version, the name given to the dragon amalgamation (as opposed to "Time Devourer" in the English version, which is completely erroneous) is Lunar Dragon. This suggests that Harle became a part of it as well.

The Man
03-18-2004, 10:35 PM
I certainly wish the story explained how she got there to become a part of it, then.

Someone should presumably add a spoiler warning to this thread's title.

Chibi Youkai
03-18-2004, 11:12 PM
I really would like to know what happened to her, she was my favourite character.

Harlequin_Demon_Moon
03-19-2004, 04:01 AM
Kid was a strong "lady". She had my favorite saying she does/did "I kick your arses so far you kiss the moons"....or something like that. But my fav has to be Harle. I liked the way she always flirted with Serge and Kid got.. shell I say "jealouse".

Kirobaito
03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
I liked her. She was hot. I like her Australian voice. (that's what I imagined her speaking like)

Chibi Youkai
03-19-2004, 11:19 PM
For some reason I find that eventhough I did like her, I can't really see her as a lady.

The Man
03-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Kid is one of the most unladylike video game characters ever. She's smoking hot though.

Chibi Youkai
03-20-2004, 04:50 AM
Hot? I guess so... I saw her as a little immature also, but part of her charm.

Magil
03-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I oly saw her in Radical Dreamers,
but she was an awesome character there,
and i suppose she was the same sort of gal in cc.

ForeverZeroUltima
03-24-2004, 01:11 AM
actually, in RD, she is HELL lot more angst in seeking revenge against Lynx. And, in CC, Serge doesn't talk at all, actually.

Chibi Youkai
03-24-2004, 02:07 AM
Which is a shame really, for even Chrono talks in the Slideshow ending.

Is Radical Dreamers avalible in the U.S?

ForeverZeroUltima
03-25-2004, 01:33 AM
well...*twitches a sec* maybe...
Here. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40709)

scroll down to the bottom and see Killy's post. click on that link and you'll get Radical Dreamers.

Chibi Youkai
03-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks. Umm... what's with the twiching eye thingy for anyways?

EDIT: Oh, I see. I never looked through that thread.:eep:

ForeverZeroUltima
03-26-2004, 10:12 PM
np