PDA

View Full Version : The LAW!!!

SuperPac
09-18-2003, 11:11 PM
So, who likes the law system? I personally love it, having to change my strategy constantly. It really keeps me on my toes. I also enjoying getting JP for doing the recommended stuff, especially if I was going to do it anyway! I've been playing a good 7 hours or so, and I've yet to be carded at all, but I've had enemies who've been carded. Unfortunately, they were bosses, so they were never taken from the battle. But hey, that just means more EXP, right? Yeah, well, I like the law system, and if you don't, welll... that's your opinion.

crono_logical
09-18-2003, 11:21 PM
I think the no Copycat law is my favourite, makes me have to think a bit to make sure I'm not just bundling in with everyone doing basic attacks all the time as I tend to do for simpler battles :p

MagicKnight Locke
09-19-2003, 06:32 PM
i hate the fact u cant use rapiers and 1hand swords

Dignified Pauper
09-20-2003, 04:08 AM
I hate the law system really... It's ok in a retrospect, but not what i had hoped for. The battles are more strategical, yes, but it's only there b/c battles are easy enough w/o them.

twobitmage
09-20-2003, 05:57 AM
I kinda cheat when theres a law I dont like, I just go into an empty spot or town a few times to shuffle past that annoying "no fight" command

Mwork
09-20-2003, 06:54 AM
I periodically hack in a handful of Almighty cards. :)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-20-2003, 09:15 AM
if i came across a law i really didn't want to deal with i would just re-load the save.....Hopfully its random....So far the worst one has been a no Swords law when 3 of my fighters used swords.....iritating fight but not too difficult.....

I have noticed this game is easy'r than FFT

Mwork
09-20-2003, 11:20 PM
They aren't random. They're set up in a list, and you go down it as the days pass. Hit L to check which laws are currently in effect .

SoS.Atlerik
09-21-2003, 04:10 PM
I like the law system except one specific law.

Techniques.

Why?
I got game over and hadn't saved since 5 battles ago :(

Mwork
09-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Once, I'd been playing for about three hours straight. Somehow, I never had the idea to save my game.

At the beginning of one battle, I go check which laws are in effect. I don't remember the exact name of it, but that No-damage-to-animals law was in effect. And I was fighting a party of monsters!!!! NOOOO!!!!!

Well, I said, to hell with it, and I went right ahead and battled.

I ended up with four people jailed, and Marshe and Montblanc with a few yellow cards. :cry:

SoS.Atlerik
09-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Haha.....never heard of that law. .rough luck! :mog:

SuperPac
09-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Man, that sucks. I've yet to be carded, red or yellow. But I'm enjoying the law system quite a bit. I just hate fighting bosses, cause they can break the law all they want and nothing changes.

Also, I don't mind any of the "no weapon" laws, cause you can change your characters' jobs just before a battle. When you're placing your guys, select the one you're changing, and then push "R." You can change his job/equipment/abilities/etc.!

Saturnus
09-25-2003, 04:09 PM
I hate the blade laws
If I get upset about a law, I restart the GB and do a different mission, I usually get a new set of laws to abuse lol

I have been carded several times, never gone to jail though...................yet lol

oooops just got carded again lol
I hate it when I dont read the laws first

Atma Weapon
09-29-2003, 05:11 AM
I used to love the laws, but then I reached the point where (SPOILER) The Judges separate from the Palace and then everything changed. At least 2-3 of my characters are crippled or rendered useless in almost every battle. So far my lowest card total is 7 yellow cards for Marche, and my highest is 11 yellow cards and 4 red cards for my sage/white mage. My poor sage has actually been given a "Magic Attack - 97" penalty before. It's rediculous. Now I refuse to fight any random battle outside of a Jagd and I've finished the regular game, so it isn't much of a problem for me anymore but I hated it for a while. :mog:

Chaos Weapon
09-30-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Mwork
Once, I'd been playing for about three hours straight. Somehow, I never had the idea to save my game.

At the beginning of one battle, I go check which laws are in effect. I don't remember the exact name of it, but that No-damage-to-animals law was in effect. And I was fighting a party of monsters!!!! NOOOO!!!!!

Well, I said, to hell with it, and I went right ahead and battled.

I ended up with four people jailed, and Marshe and Montblanc with a few yellow cards. :cry:

You always could have fled from the battle. Go to the main menu where you use law cards and click flee under that menu.:cool:

Mwork
09-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Yes I know I could've Fled.

People just don't always think straight when stressed.

crono_logical
09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
I didn't even know there was a flee command :p

MagicKnight Locke
09-30-2003, 01:39 PM
i didnt know it either for a long time...

SuperPac
10-01-2003, 04:21 AM
I checked laws in the first battle I got in, and that's when I discovered flee. I still haven't used it...

Agent Proto
10-09-2003, 10:08 PM
I think the Laws are ridiculous. I mean, yeah. Some are nice, but it's really annoying.

GogoTheMimic
10-15-2003, 09:53 PM
The one thing I hate about the Law System is when the give you status down for your punishment. Wait, I take that back, item fines blow too, there is NOTHING worse than them taking your one and only (insert rare item here). That's when I usually reset it. Magic Power down 9? Yeah right :P

SonOfAres
10-15-2003, 11:11 PM
The only time I got a guy sent to jail was when the law was "holy", and I had no idea what that meant, so I was just like "ahh, whatever" and forgot about it. I cast LIFE, I get a yellow. I'm like..... the heck?? SO I don't cast life anymore...... instead, I just HEAL a bunch..... OHHHH!!! Ohhkay!!

BTW, on the no-harm to animals thing, how WOULD you win? Removing them from battle via chivalry or something?

I didn't know of the flee command either till about 17 hours into the game..... still have yet to use it..... still have yet to lose a battle (I never even turned it off in the middle of one)

GogoTheMimic
10-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by SonOfAres
BTW, on the no-harm to animals thing, how WOULD you win? Removing them from battle via chivalry or something?

I don't even know if that would work. I just bought anitlaw cards. :D

omnitarian
10-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Well, you can always confuse the animals, forcing them kill and arrest themselves. I know that's too boring and stupid to ever attempt, but whatever.

The Damage To Animals law is definitely my most obnoxious. I aint so hot on Techniques and Color Magic, either.

Destruction666
10-16-2003, 05:47 AM
All of the Dmg 2 (insert race here) laws are annoying
unless of course your battleing a bunch of bangaa and
the Dmg 2 human law is working. but There are laws like Color magic that I use a lot cuz' I mostly use soil evidence or giga flare. :chop:

Mwork
10-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SonOfAres

I hate that law. Even giving them status ailments gets you in trouble.

Pretty much the only thing I've seen one can use is Control.