PDA

View Full Version : Who Loves Tidus?

Imperia
09-19-2003, 08:24 PM
I know a lot of people don't like Tidus. His voice is annoying, yes, but to me, he's so sweet and lovable, and sexy.:love: Is there anyone else who likes Tidus, too? If so, why do you? I hear nothing but negative comments about him...:mad:

Xander
09-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Yay, me love Tidus too :D
I find him very sweet and lovable, and in the FMV's, computer game character or not he is gorgeous and I ain't afraid to admit that I fancied him a lot :p

Yeah he gets bad comments, which people are welcome to have their opinion to, I guess it's because he seemed to whine about his dad, plus his voice and clothes didn't impress people much.
But I think his clothes suited his profession as a blitzball player and yeah he was upset about his dad but so would I be if my dad made fun of me like that all the time!

Anyway it doesn't matter bout the bad things to me cos Tidus is just pure sexyness :love:

I like him because he was put into a different world but he made friends and relationships, he helped Yuna and he stayed positive. He was gentle and kind with none of the moodiness that Squall or Cloud had (No offence to them I loved them both too! :p ). However this did make him a fresh and original FF hero.

I loved his character, loved using him in battle, and just overall loved him. :D And his voice was okay to me :)

Leia
09-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Xander
Yay, me love Tidus too :D
I find him very sweet and lovable, and in the FMV's, computer game character or not he is gorgeous and I ain't afraid to admit that I fancied him a lot :p

Yeah he gets bad comments, which people are welcome to have their opinion to, I guess it's because he seemed to whine about his dad, plus his voice and clothes didn't impress people much.
But I think his clothes suited his profession as a blitzball player and yeah he was upset about his dad but so would I be if my dad made fun of me like that all the time!

Anyway it doesn't matter bout the bad things to me cos Tidus is just pure sexyness :love:

I like him because he was put into a different world but he made friends and relationships, he helped Yuna and he stayed positive. He was gentle and kind with none of the moodiness that Squall or Cloud had (No offence to them I loved them both too! :p ). However this did make him a fresh and original FF hero.

I loved his character, loved using him in battle, and just overall loved him. :D And his voice was okay to me :)
Xander's just taken the words right out of my mouth! I just agree with all of it. :D He looked especially fine in the Spring may I just add (view attachment!) and I loved having such an upbeat main character (again I liked all the other main characters too) I especially loved the narrative voice throughout as it made you more attached to the main character. In support for his voice, he was meant to whiny at the start (though I didn't mind) because... well wouldn't you in a completely new world? lol But as he learns "through his emotions" for Yuna he grews more mature and I feel that at the end, his voice did reflect that... I mean he was hardly whining at the end when he told her he had to go!!! He's my favourite main character out the series and was just so caring towards Yuna that he was just cute... too damn perfect! lol :love:

crono_logical
09-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Imperia
His voice is annoying, yes, Having a voice associated with Futurama can do that, the guy that voiced him needs to be able to vary his voice during voice acting more for different characters :p

Leia
09-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Having a voice associated with Futurama can do that, the guy that voiced him needs to be able to vary his voice during voice acting more for different characters :p
The voice of Tidus is by James Arnold Taylor, who is actually a voice impressionist so if anyone can change a voice for a character- he can! In Futurama, he only did a few background voices. In fact hear him and his many voices for yourself...

Radje
09-19-2003, 11:49 PM
I loved him but not in a "ooh *points* sexy!" Way. More as an idol of sorts.

Xander
09-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Leia
The voice of Tidus is by James Arnold Taylor, who is actually a voice impressionist so if anyone can change a voice for a character- he can! In Futurama, he only did a few background voices. In fact hear him and his many voices for yourself...

Haha that clip had me laughing Leia ^^ It's cool he does a lot of good voice impressions although "Michael J Fox" and "Christian Slater" sounded a lot like Tidus :p

Leia
09-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Xander
Haha that clip had me laughing Leia ^^ It's cool he does a lot of good voice impressions although "Michael J Fox" and "Christian Slater" sounded a lot like Tidus :p
New clip... enjoy! :)

ray
12-21-2003, 04:10 AM
WOW!!!!
IS THAT ONE GUY:eek:

Mo-Nercy
12-21-2003, 06:34 AM
If I were Tidus, I'd buy some real pants.

But I did like his hair.

eternalshiva
12-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah I like Tidus... *drools* but I could live without the whinning

Radje
I loved him but not in a "ooh *points* sexy!"

rotfl

Phantom_Dream
12-29-2003, 06:12 PM
LOL. I'm having lotsa fun with that mastertoontheater thingy.

twobitmage
12-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Im a guy, so I cant say I "love" him..but I think he's pretty cool. I was always confused when I heard people call him annoying

Ares123
12-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Personally, Tidus is the best FF character. He had layers, unlike Cloud (and others, like Squall and Auron). All he was was the "a tough nut to crack, with a soft centre" feeling. Super lame.

ANYONE WHO HATES TIDUS IS LAME

Flare_Star
12-29-2003, 09:47 PM
damn...

Savannah
01-13-2004, 03:29 AM
I never really disliked Tidus, but I liked him a lot more after the end of the game, especially after his scenes with Jecht and Yuna. Adorable.

And people constantly bring up him whining about his dad but-- did anyone but me realize just how much of a dickhead Jecht was to him?

Lord Xehanort
01-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by twobitmage
Im a guy, so I cant say I "love" him.

Guys can't love Tidus? I think I'm a guy. *checks* Yep, I am. I love Tidus. He's really cute, but not a hottie. He looks a wee bit too effeminate in some scenes and the whining is evil. I like my guys muscular, manly and always there to lend an ear. *swoons*

dancer35
02-10-2004, 02:29 AM
I LOVE TIDUS!!!! He's a major hottie. If there was a real guy that looked exactly like him then we'd be married by the end of the week. He is sooo hot!! YAY! I think he was really sweet in FFX and the whining didn't bother me. (I was too busy drooling.)

Evelia
02-10-2004, 05:50 AM
I like Tidus. I hated him for awhile, but as I progressed in the game he really grew on me. He's kind of a whiny brat, but it's cute. :) And I like that he looks feminine.

I still hate that fake-laughing scene in Luca, though.

Mo-Nercy
02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Evelia
Who doesn't?

Siwolae
02-13-2004, 09:35 PM

lol. yep, that's one of the most fake laughs i have ever heard, but other than that, i wuv Tidus. he rox. i just finished replaying the ffx ending last night and man, did it rock! that was one of the most heartbreaking endings i have ever seen.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-14-2004, 04:00 AM
Being I guy I don't "love" him, but I do think he's pretty damn useful. Probably even more so when I can finally GET THE FREAKIN' SWORD!

Dreamtiger42
03-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Sorry but Squall's the only Final Fantasy Character for me, he's soo tall and dark and sexy and ummm [druels]

SeeDRankLou
03-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Tidus is cool and everything, and he does have several scenes where he's all wet and everything...:) but I have to agree with Dreamtiger42, Squall is dreamy.

The_Princess
05-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes, I love Tidus !!!!!

He's so good looking - and I don't think he's whiney at all. I'd say he's quite naive about a lot of things, which doesn't make him annoying - to me, that's part of his charm. From the moment we saw him, my sis and I said, "Hell-o !"

I don't know what it is, but there's SOMETHING about him that reminds me slightly of Jeremy Sumpter, who plays Peter Pan in the 2003 movie (except Tidus is older, of course). What do you think ?

babybahamut
05-24-2004, 01:43 PM
"Who loves Tidus?"

Yuna does.

Imperia
05-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Yes, I love Tidus !!!!!

He's so good looking - and I don't think he's whiney at all. I'd say he's quite naive about a lot of things, which doesn't make him annoying - to me, that's part of his charm. From the moment we saw him, my sis and I said, "Hell-o !"

Hee, hee! He's a sweetie. Tidus is a hottie! The kind of personality he has is what I look for in a guy (I'm not one of those who wishes Tidus was real, though)- sweet, loyal, cheerful, loving, fun-loving, and good looking. :love:

square_is_the_best
06-05-2004, 03:35 AM
I'm also a guy and I have to say, Tidus is my favorite Final Fantasy charecter of all time. He was cool. He reminded me of...me. He was cool right down to his roles in battle and thats pretty deep. I used to like Rikku with the scene of her taking off that Al Bhed suit...but I started liking Yuna more. And then, the Spring scene. Yes, yes. My secret is out. I'm JEALOUS of Tidus. I'm a little less jealous now then before though. He's still my favorite.

Edit: An avatar is the thing under your name right? If it is then Imperia has a cute one.

SomethingBig
06-05-2004, 03:46 AM
I like the way he looks? Does that count?

Cloudane
06-05-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm playing X again and he doesn't seem that whiney at all. I think it's just one of those things that people shout about and others start to believe them / jump on the bandwagon just to be in with the crowd. Sort of like FF8.

I didn't realise James Arnold Taylor was in Futurama as well! I know the guy who did Wakka and Kimahri is the same guy who does the voice for Bender. I spotted that on the waterfall path out of Besaid at the beginning of the game, where he encounters a fiend and utters something in Bender's exact "taunting" accent. It was glaringly obvious, and I only had to go to IMDB to confirm it.

Tidus0707
06-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah Tidus is the best...nothing about him is negative.

square_is_the_best
06-06-2004, 10:47 PM

Not everything about that scene is bad. It won "Fakest Laugh award." No really. See Playstation Magazine, June 2002, page 16.