PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Why did that happen?

katana
09-20-2003, 01:30 AM
Well, this involves the final bosses so SPOILERS.

Anyway, got a bunch of ultimate weapons, and all the aeons. Went to challenge the ultima weapons. First weapon. Boom. Dead. Second weapon. I saw it and thought " Alright, this should be good" Started off the battle by summoning anima and using Oblivion. Very big boom. Weapon dies. I'm sitting hear thinking WTF? So I go and fight the Jecht Aeon inside of Sin. He was incredibly and unnecisarily easy. Then you fight youre own aeons and Yu Yevon, which is kind of tough - BUT YOU HAVE AUTO LIFE!!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone else think that the challenge in Final FAntasy X ended with Yunalesca. Basically a rant topic, but anyone else have any opinions on this?

Kenshin IV
09-20-2003, 02:05 AM
No, I think the challenge ended a little bit earlier than you say. I'd say it was around the time when you first put the game in the system.

Cz
09-20-2003, 01:03 PM
The game's pretty easy, and if you bother to do any of the sidequests, your levels are so high it's a joke. Still, the same can be said of any recent FF game. The main game's always pretty basic.

Xander
09-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Yep the end of FFX is pretty easy, especially if you bother to get ultimate weapons or level up a bit.
Did you also fight all of the monster arena creations because they are supposed to be hard, so there's an extra challenge there which is worth getting strong for. Also I don't know if you have the PAL version or not, but it has Dark Aeons which are (imo) a BIG challenge.

I think these are supposed to be what you need to max out your stats or level up a LOT for.

But if you have the version without dark aeons, and have killed the monster arena creations then that's the whole challenge.

I agree that (aside from the dark aeons and monster arena creations) Yunalesca was probably the last compulsory challenge, although even she wasn't terribly difficult....

And having auto-life at the end is weird, definately makes it too easy.

However I do have the PAL version and haven't killed the dark aeons yet so FFX still holds a lot of challenges for me if I play it again :D

eternalshiva
09-22-2003, 01:46 PM
The dark aeons are not in the North American version...

FFX was retardedly easy to beat and I was thouroughly disapointed with the end boss :cry: It could of been a bit more challenging! I spent 200 hours on that game to beat it and it only took me maybe 10 minutes to kicks its arse. My aeons had the damage break thing and I killed Jecht in two turns I was DISAPOINTED to say the least. ;p

Maxico
09-22-2003, 04:47 PM
oh yeah and with the PAL version as well as the dark aeons and the extra boss after you beat them. either ultima or atma has an extra 0 on their HP.

Skogs
09-23-2003, 02:28 PM
If you want the game to be somewhat of a challege, go straight through the story. Don't bother with any side-quests.

Kindo
09-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Pidgeon, that's what me and my friend did the first time we played it. We hardly ever stopped and did any stuff on the side, I think we got that Sun Sigil from chocobo trainer, but that's it. Didn't even stay particularly long and leveled up someplace. And still, it was incredibly easy.

Starcrest
11-16-2003, 05:22 AM
What's the PAL version?

Big D
11-16-2003, 05:28 AM
The PAL version was released in countries where the PAL format is used, instead of NTSC like in North America. FFX's PAL version has a lot of extras and bonuses. For a list of what they changed, click here (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/ffxpaldifferences.shtml).either ultima or atma has an extra 0 on their HP.Omega Weapon has 999,999 HP instead of the measly 99,999 that he has in the NTSC version. However, it's easier to get Zanmato in the PAL version, so Omega can still be pretty easy for a low-powered party.

Storm
11-18-2003, 07:23 AM
I think most people exagerate about the difficulty of the game. For the most part, the bosses are relatively simple. However, I found Seymour Flux, Spectral Keeper, and Yunalesca to be tough battles. In my opinion, the only way that you could live through the Seymour Flux and Yunalesca battle on your first try is if you took a glance at a walkthrough....or somebody warned you about certain attacks(ie. Total Annihilation and Mega Death).

On another note, if you don't do any of the sidequests, Jecht is extremely difficult to fight.

vivi_rocks
11-18-2003, 02:55 PM
orgianly posted by black mage 121

The game's pretty easy, and if you bother to do any of the sidequests, your levels are so high it's a joke. Still, the same can be said of any recent FF game. The main game's always pretty basic.

thats so true i cant stand the fact that it was that easy. its so dumb i like ff7 that was more of a challange and the story line was a bit better. when its easy it ruins it cuz you finish it and your like, aww thats it, and you want more but you cant get it cuz you dont have enough money