PDA

View Full Version : Velius

Blades_Roar
09-20-2003, 01:53 PM
he killed me alot any pointers

Pancaek
09-20-2003, 06:43 PM
I just went through this yesterday. What I did was I got Ramza's Brave up to 97, bought about 30 X-Potions, dropped my Potions and Hi-Potions, and gave him Auto Potion. Make sure Ramza has Guts as either his primary or secondary ability, and he HAS to have Yell and Accumulate. He should also have some other form of healing besides Auto Potion. Anything that increases his Move is good too, but since he should be drinking an X-Potion every time he gets hit, it's not as necessary to run too far out of the way.

Phew. Now, if you have all that, keep running away from Wiegraf and using Yell. I used it until I had double turns consistently, but since it sounds like you're having a lot of trouble, Yell until your Speed's up to about 50. Then Accumulate until you have a good amount of PA (probably 50 for you again), and run over to Wiegraf and kill him. Then when he turns into Velius, your Speed and PA will still be as high as they were, so you can keep attacking him until he dies. He'll probably only get about 1 turn in, if that.

Chzn8r
09-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Obviously, if this guy "died multiple times", he saved before Wiegraf and can't go back. So, avoiding suggestions relating to buying stuff, do this:

Have someone be a summoner, use the jp trick and master the class (though you only need Lich here). So, one of your dudes has Lich. This summon takes off half Velius's HP.

Make Ramza a Ninja, Lancer, Samurai, or something both durable and strong. If you use the Lancer, make sure to do the jp trick and master it. If you have accumulate/yell, that makes the battle much easier, if not (not many people do their first time through).

Use the ability trick and master a time mage, for Haste.

Master a chemist with the ability trick and have auto potion, x potion, and pheonix down. Drop all regular potions.

The 4th character is up to you, if you have Agris built up, that'd be great, if not, oh well.

Just keep trying different mixes until you find one that works- sometime its just luck of what the enemies do.

Outsider
09-21-2003, 04:37 AM
I had Ramza as a Monk (Earth Slash) with Squire ability (Yell), and I used a Lancer (Jump) and a Dancer (Slow Dance) too...

It's very wise to use a Summoner, and Agrias too.

Town Imbecile
09-28-2003, 04:59 AM
What is this ability trick? How do you master a class?

Blades_Roar
09-28-2003, 05:34 PM
know all abilities.
can't master ramza's squire without ultima.
or summoner without zodiac

Pancaek
09-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Go to the JP Scroll Glitch FAQ, by TheDan. (http://gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/20051.html) That's the "ability trick".

locke202
09-28-2003, 10:43 PM
make ramza a monk with two swords as a support, second set of abilities doesnt even matter, and move + one. i have played the game through a couple times and monks cant be beat, i have done this fight in 3 turns, no lie. and if u still dont feel safe then u can give ramza the dragon spirit reaction ability