PDA

View Full Version : Character Size?

Valarm
09-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Does the character of a race affect it in battle?

Grand Lethal
09-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean, if you mean is battle different if you area Taru orGalka, yes it does. Taru have a very different view of battle than a tall galka. Really noticable in Melee :)

Valarm
09-21-2003, 02:44 AM
No when you making your character in the beging, it asks what body size you want: small, med, large. Wonder if it makes any difference which one you chose.

Also how do you figure out what server you are on after making your character? I just got the beta and started playing it today so was wondering if all beta testers are on the same server.

Alpha
09-21-2003, 03:54 AM
No when you making your character in the beging, it asks what body size you want: small, med, large. Wonder if it makes any difference which one you chose.
Nope.

Also how do you figure out what server you are on after making your character? I just got the beta and started playing it today so was wondering if all beta testers are on the same server
All PS2 beta testers are on one server and all PC beta testers are on a different server.

Valarm
09-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info, I just got the beta for PC so I hope I'll see some of you around.

Lionx
09-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Actually Alpha all the beta people are on one server, Cactuar.

Grand Lethal
09-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Lionx beat me too it, but he is right. All Beta testers are on Cactuar... its funny because if a PC person has a really good framerate they actually travel and move faster than others. I thin SE will fix that though by putting a maximum framerate on the game (I wsa playing with a guy that seriously moved about halfawy between the way I walk and the way a chocobo runs... you should have seen him on the chocobo... it was like the rabbit in the moon event)

Alpha
09-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Really? I could have sworn I heard that they were on two different servers.

Valarm
09-21-2003, 07:07 PM
I had saw that on a web site to that each was on its own sever, but they could transfered both PS2 and PC on to the same server. Or the web site was wrong.

I thinks I saw it on: Shadow Dragons Web Site:

http://www.shadow-dragons.com/index2.htm

But may be what the confusion is, is that they say there are 30 servers and only list 29 server names. So it make it look like beta testers PC and PS2 are on different ones. The missing server name I think is "Glasyalabolas". I found this server name in a different forum.

But its cool since I just got the beta test 2 days ago maybe I'll see a few of you in game. I use the same handle there two for my character and the rest.