PDA

View Full Version : Time Magic?

3/\/|)L355
09-20-2003, 09:33 PM
How viable is it? Wouldn't it be good to give Cloud time magic as his secondary spells? So he could haste/short charge? Does anyone know if time mages are good or not?

Pancaek
09-20-2003, 10:03 PM
YES, time mages are an excellent addition to any party. Their skillset is, at least. As far as time mages themselves go, I think they have a bit less MA than a Wizard, but a bit more HP. Even if Haste was the only spell they ever knew, I'd still love them for that. That's not even counting Short Charge and Teleport.

Short Charge would (should, anyway; I've never tried) cut Cloud's Limit charge times in half, and Haste would let him get more AT's to start charging his Limits in the first place. Haste doesn't affect charge times, though, just how often your AT comes up.

arcdragon9
09-20-2003, 10:12 PM
I agree with Shye-Chan. The time mage is an excellent addition to the team. Meteor is also a great spell, th draw back is it takes time and tends to cover more than just the enemy, well for me anyway. Although i don't know why Demi which is gravity and Meteor would be counted as time magic. I guess they just needed to add an attack like spell to them.

Chzn8r
09-21-2003, 04:05 AM
Haste 2, Short Charge, Teleport, and Meteor all pwn. Get a time mage.

3/\/|)L355
09-21-2003, 04:59 AM
Hmm...a Time mage, or just get someone with a time mage skillset?

Town Imbecile
09-28-2003, 02:35 AM
You could make Cloud a Time Mage until he learns short charge and then make another character the Time Mage. Think about it...it seems to make more sense to have someone else casting haste on Cloud and Stop or Don't Move on Cloud's targets.

Advent Child
09-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 3/\/|)L355
Hmm...a Time mage, or just get someone with a time mage skillset?
just the skillset

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 04:00 PM
well, actually, he/she would have to have the actual person b a time mage so he could learn the skills, but, after that, just the skillset, cause, well, we all no that mages arn't the best attackers or defenders, unless u have like equip armor or sword, then it's different, but, ne way, yeah