PDA

View Full Version : Favorite part of the game *Possible Spoilers*

i90east
09-21-2003, 05:43 PM
What's your favorite part of the game? It could be a particular scene or a general area within the game.

My favorite part has always been Sabin's scenario. I love the Doma castle scene, the ghost train, meeting Gau on the Veldt and going through the serpent trench. That's where Sabin, Cyan and Gau show their best character (Shadow's involvement was cool too). What a diverse group of people, yet they fit together perfectly.

Unfortunately they don't interact with each other much after the scenario is over. It would have been cool if there was another part of the game where you had to take Cyan, Sabin, Gau and Shadow on a quest (or better yet, have someone like Terra along instead of Shadow to introduce another character to the funny antics of the trio). Once all characters become optional, interaction between them becomes non-existant :( That's one thing I don't like about FFVI and FFs in general. It always seems like in the second half of an FF game, the fun is over.

But, the character interaction was great while it lasted.

Kenshin IV
09-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by i90east That's one thing I don't like about FFVI and FFs in general. It always seems like in the second half of an FF game, the fun is over.
I actually have to agree with that. Although I think the same can be said for the majority of RPGs. I wouldn't really say it loses being "fun," but they're usually more captive when you first start the games.
As for favorite moment, couldn't pick just one. The one you mentioned is right up there, though. As well is the opera scene, the battle between Leo and Kefka, Kefka's destruction of the world, and lots of others.

Outsider
09-21-2003, 07:47 PM
It's hard to choose, cuz I love the whole game...

1) Locke's Scenario - The first time I played I took a while find out that I could steal the green soldier outfit, but the scenario is great, its fun to see what Locke does to get in the big house, and when he saves Celes is beautiful.

2) The floating continent - When Kefka goes crazy, move the statues, kills Gestahl (THAT was surprising), and turns into a god. It's cool

3) The Solitary Island - It's cool when you let Cid die, and you can see that part when Celes is depressed and jumps from a cliff... Touching.

I must mention that part when you get off the Phantom Train, and Cyan saw his wife and child departing...

And I must say that the second half of the game is great, and there's some character interaction, in the sidequests.

m4tt
09-22-2003, 12:56 AM
The opera scene has always been a favorite of mine. And when you take Gau to go see his father in the WoR.. I love that scene. I make sure I have all the characters around for that one.

TheAbominatrix
09-22-2003, 01:50 AM
The Opera scene, for sure. It was so pretty, I just love when Celes is dressed up like that. The whole Opera was beautiful, and when you've done it some many times that you dont have to worry about choosing a wrong option, it's nice to sit back and watch it.

I also like the search for Terra, particularily the part where they find her in Zozo. The scene with Ramuh is very nice. Oh and the scene when that all starts, when she changes and flies away. So great.

I liked the second half of the game a lot, it allowed for some character growth if you wanted it. Such a great game...

Emperor Grahf
09-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Humm,thres way too many to choose...

...maybe the part where you open the gates in Esper-cave where Kefka got trashed by all of those espers who pass him,like if he were nothin' more then a bird,t'was funny as hell !

But I also liked the part in the opera,once and maybe twice it moved to the points of tears(even more when they added that cinematic sequence in the PSX version(I'm a big romantic ya know)). It was simply so touchin' and beautiful...

Another one would be the cinematic of the beginning of the game too...seeing Setzer drivin' the black-jack and trashin' the IAF with his mere cards ! Shadow,passing thru ghosts killing them all,Edgar and Sabin chosing who's gonna be the next thing after the death of their father,with a coin toss(that one touched me too much to).

And non-the-less,but still a great one the part where kefka kills the emperor,and begin his destruction of the world of Balance,to hcange it into the world of ruins,that was so cool,specialy with the lil apocaliptic music background.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Three favorites...
1) The opera scene. Nuff' said.
2) The floating continent. The music is great and it's one of the more challenging points in the game.
3) The start of the WOR. There's so much to do and it's so open in how you do it. A unique experience every time

Emperor Grahf
09-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by The Dude
Three favorites...
1) The opera scene. Nuff' said.
2) The floating continent. The music is great and it's one of the more challenging points in the game.
3) The start of the WOR. There's so much to do and it's so open in how you do it. A unique experience every time

Damn right,all the way ! Specialy for the third point.

Gau
10-08-2003, 01:58 AM
I liked the part where they met gau :tongue:

FallenSilence
03-12-2004, 01:13 PM
I liked the opera scene. The way Celes had to act in the opera was kinda cool. Also, the Floating Continent. It is easily one of the most challenging areas: cool music, cool enemies.

Imperia
03-12-2004, 08:28 PM
My favorites were the Phantom Train scene, the part where Terra first transforms, the Opera scene, and the ending.

Flying Mullet
03-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Dude, poor threads are being woken up left and right. No sleep for the weary this day. :cry:

LingaringBell
03-13-2004, 05:49 AM
I have to say that my favorites are probably:

The Phantom Forest/Train - come on, awesome music, mysterious, just cool all around.

The Magitek Facility - this one gives me a little nostagilia, always reminds me of the first time I played the game and finally got some magic, and the escape on the mine cart is pretty cool too.

Cyan's Dream - I love the yellow memory background, and it is a lot harder then you think it is gonna be the first time you do it. I also like how it just comes out of nowhere, you go to sleep in Doma Castle, Boom, there you are in a whole new scenario.

Locke's Scenario - Locke is the man, and it is the only time in the game where you get the feeling of how Locke is connected to the Resistance, most of the game he is just kinda a guy with a good heart, but here you can see that he's got the skills. The Resistance needs info, they call in Locke, not to shabby.

I could go on forever, but you get the idea

Azrael85
03-13-2004, 10:25 PM
- The Opera scene was fantastic
- The Earth blowing up was cool looking
- Locke's scenario was fun

There were a lot of fun parts throughout the game; the whole game in general is fun.:)

EveningCross
03-16-2004, 01:48 AM
I would have to say...

Zozo. All time favorite. I like the music, the constant rain and the lying citizens.

Second is the Phantom Train. Just had an eerie feeling about it. Especially when you have to fight the train .

Lastly, I like the mystery of the Underground Castle where you find Odin . It's just cool down there. When I first played I used to keep going back hoping that doing more side quests would bring about something new there.

*squeals like a girl* I love dark mystery!

Marcus
03-16-2004, 08:54 AM
I liked Zozo as well. The gloomy feel and all. Not the first time I went through it though, much too difficult for me then =P

Best moment... Locke's scenario. Stood out amongst the other scenarios, it was amazing how much fun I could have with only one character...

Strider
03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
How did I miss this for so long?

My favorite part of the game is everything from the end of the battle with Atma Weapon on the Floating Continent to the end of the World of Balance. The interaction between Celes, Kefka and Gestahl is pretty dramatic when you think about it, and Kefka's betrayal of the emperor is humorous.

And then when things seem their bleakest, with Celes hanging off the side of the cliff and everyone else trapped with magic, Shadow comes back to save the day. And the end of the world. . . for graphics like that, combined with the music, there's no possible way to have done it better.

Flying Mullet
03-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by EveningCross
Lastly, I like the mystery of the Underground Castle where you find Odin . It's just cool down there. When I first played I used to keep going back hoping that doing more side quests would bring about something new there.
Yeah, I always love that section too. There's something about it that makes it very mysterious and exciting.

Kossage
03-21-2004, 01:43 PM
It's a tie between the Floating Continent and the Opera. Both are very interesting: the first one is a unique experience and it's cool to go on with the show, and the second one is very epic with all of those Atma Weapon battle, Kefka's treachery, Shadow to the rescue and End of the World things like many of you have already mentioned. So, those two are my favourite parts of FF6. :)

gnu factory choice
03-23-2004, 05:31 PM
you guys forgot the opening to FFVI when Terra, biggs and wedge walk toward Narshe. Anyways im new here hows everyone doin?

Flying Mullet
03-23-2004, 05:55 PM
We're doing good. You should make a newbie thread in General Chat an introduce yourself to everybody. :)

Fredde
03-24-2004, 09:46 AM
I've always seen the opera as The Best Damn Use Of Pixels Ever (TM). It's totally sweet.

babybahamut
03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Atma weapon battle on the floating continent. Its like, "oh look, a boss. shouldnt be too hard." Then you walk up to it and the battle starts. YOu just know, instantly, your previous thoughts were totally wrong. The music is tense and powerful, hes a great hulking beast and his speech is damn sweet. Its at this point you realise you dont have a chance in hell of beating him. Then, he casts meteor or flare, and you cant help but laugh at the thought of how much levelling up your gonna have to do. Its just a great feeling.

Also, the regular boss music is probably the best of the whole FF series. Its powerful, it starts off all atmospheric and "Dude, its a boss, lets rock, baby!". Then, it gets faster and more intense, and you just cant help yelling out "YEAH! EAT. MY. FIRE. 3!! EAT TERRAS OWNAGE! FEEL THE BURN! YEAH!!!!".

I'm easily pleased.

Andex
04-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Meeting Gau for the first time was defintely my favorite.