PDA

View Full Version : Rare Items *spoilers*

Phil
09-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Okay there are a couple of things I dont know how to get. Zidane's ultima weapon, freya's last spear, and quina's ultimate fork. Can somebody tell me how?

m4tt
09-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Zidane's Ultimate Weapon: You need dead peppers to get this one with your Chocobo. After you go through that island thing (man I can't remember the name) and the island is gone, the place will be right where the island used to be.
Quina's Ultimate Fork: After you catch a certain amount of frogs (I think it's 100), Quan (the head Qu guy..) will fight you, and when you win you get the Fork.

I'm pretty sure Freya's ultimate weapon is in a Chocobo Chest in the ocean. I'm probably wrong about that one.

Kindo
09-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Fairly accurate... here are some corrections. :)

Zidane's Ultima Weapon: On Disc 4, go to the place where the Shimmering Island was, and use a Dead Pepper. There are no foaming, so make use of the map blip on the third map display to know where you are.

Quina's Gastro Fork: Catch 99 frogs and Quale will challange you to a fight, as a price for winning, you'll get the Fork.

Freya's Dragon's Hair: Use a Red Chocobo (or higher) and go to the western crack on the Forgotten Continent, use a Dead Pepper to open it, and inside you'll find Dragon's Hair among other things.

Zantetsuken !!!
09-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Hmm, i tought that Freya's last weapon was in memoria...can't remember that spear name, can someone tell me what is the strongest spear and where to get it cuz i cant remember !!

o_O
09-22-2003, 03:21 AM
As Kindo detailed:

Freya's Dragon's Hair: Use a Red Chocobo (or higher) and go to the western crack on the Forgotten Continent, use a Dead Pepper to open it, and inside you'll find Dragon's Hair among other things.

I think that's right...

Kindo
09-22-2003, 03:26 AM
Yes, Dragon's Hair is her most powerful weapon. It has an attack of 77. The spear found in Memoria is called Kain's Lance, and has 72 attack (IIRC) and adds Status Confuse.

Heath
09-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Kain's Lance is essentially the strongest weapon she has if you don't bother doing the Chocobo side quest.

Kindo
09-22-2003, 11:50 PM
It's also the coolest, simply because it's KAIN's! :D

ffbof
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I'v looked forever and i cant find any dead pepers where are they :mad2:

Flare_Star
11-13-2003, 09:23 PM
you have to get at least a red chocobo (i think) and you will find them while playing choco hot and cold. it makes the chocobo go beserk and peck everywhere.

and yes kain is soooo cool.
quale has the most hp of anyone in the game. which is a shame considering the shameful moves he has.

Underworld_Darkness
11-22-2003, 02:12 AM
I was curious as to where exactly in Memoria is Vivi's Mace of Zues. I need it for his last weapon.

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Its in Memoria before fighting Lich, near the stairs.

Heartless Guardian
11-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Not to be picky or anything, to get Quina's fork, you have to get 99 frogs then face that Qu guy that gives the other things and obviously, win the fight, but I can't remember if you have t ofight it with just Quina or not.

FinalFantasy_89
11-25-2003, 04:51 AM
Sometimes when I catch frogs, the game will state whether its male or female...or something else...I don't understand it. Whats the secret behind that?

Heartless Guardian
11-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Alrighty, the thing about the male/remale thing is for later on. Obviously, you can't catch 99 frogs on the first go, so if you leave at least one male and female frog, aloung with the golden frog, then the swamps will regenerate faster, so you can catch more. Simple as that. It does still take a while, though, and a lot of luck not to leave just two of the same gender. Good luck, you'll need it, and a healthy dose of patience!:D

FinalFantasy_89
11-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Altight. You have my thanks.

Vivajiva
11-28-2003, 08:38 AM
also (if natural laws aply to the game) a male frog is older than a female frog, because all frogs are born female. Not that that has any bareing on the game what so ever, but I'm your useless info source.

FinalFantasy_89
11-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Alright.