PDA

View Full Version : I can't beat Valvias.

final boss
09-22-2003, 01:02 AM
How do I beat her? Kain does weak damage when jumpingher in her during her spin, Cecil can't attack because 1)he's weak 2)he always has to heal. Same with Rosa. Cid and Yang can't attack because there to busy healing themselves with potions, and their defense is bad. And she spins after 2 of my characters do their stuff so Kain can't jump her before she spins.

TheAbominatrix
09-22-2003, 01:40 AM
You need to do some serious leveling up if your characters are so weak they spend all their time healing.

Vermachtnis
09-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by final boss
1)he's weak

Wha?! He is not weak! He's one of the strongest Final Fantasy characters ever created! Second in this game cause of Kain's Jump. With out it Kain would be pityful.
Anyway to beat her. Take TheAbominatrix advice and Lvl. Rosa should be the only one healing. You should just hack away with Cecil and Kain. Kick the crap out of her with Yang and just have Cid do whatever. Keep casting Keal2 or 3 depending on what lvl. Rosa is.

Outsider
09-22-2003, 02:45 AM
If he can't beat Valvalis, how did he beat those Magus' Sisters? Cuz I always thoght that the fight against Valvalis is really easy...

Seriously, lvl up... A LOT

final boss
09-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Kain only does 200 damage when she spins. He does like 600 damage when she's normal. I'm only able to Jump once when she's normal. What should my Lv. on my characters be? She also almost kills Rosa when she attacks her twice.
qoute by outsider: "If he can't beat Valvius, how can he beat the Magus Sisters?"
They were easy. I just used Fire 3 on one my reflected characters [Cindy casts Wall on someone on my team] and if I'm lucky, it'll hit Cindy. Two hits and she's dead. Then I Fire 3'd the others to death.

Outsider
09-22-2003, 07:59 PM
I dunno, I think that Tellah is too weak, look at his MP. I'm not saying that I had any problems defeating the Magus' Sisters, but they always take me more time than to defeat Valvalis...

I can't remember in which lvl I was when I got there, but Kain did a lot more dmg than you're saying, and Rosa had enough HP to survive some Valvalis' attacks.

What are their equipment, btw?

final boss
09-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Cecil has Legend, Kain automactilly has everything Mythril, Yang has no weapons, and Cid has Wooden.

Outsider
09-22-2003, 08:12 PM
.. I remember that Yang had claws (I can't remember which claws, but he had some), Cecil had a Fire sword (or an Ice one, but it was better than Legend), and Cid had Silver...

Maybe that's why you can't do much dmg on Valvalis, but you still need to lvl up a little.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2003, 08:18 PM
It sounds like low levels to me. Level up some more.

On the equipment bit, I always make sure that Cecil, Cid, Tellah and Yang all have whatever mythril equipment they can wear from that animal town. By the time that you save up for all of that equipment I always have enough levels.

TheAbominatrix
09-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Yang should also have equipped the claws found in the cave... the anti-metal cave whose name I cant remember. I think you find a Cat Claw there, and I believe you can find a poison claw in the Tower of Zot. Make sure you get all the treasure in the Tower of Zot as well, there's a lot of good stuff there. I think Kain's level will mirror Cecil's (not exactly, but somewhat) so if you level up enough, Kain will be much stronger as well.

Storm
09-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Well, since you cannot beat her I recommend going to the bottom of the Tower of Zot and exiting it. Go inside of Eblan Castle and try taking all of the treasures. I think there's some pretty decent weapons there. There should also be a town that sells good weapons/armour, I believe it's the town with the mini/pig/toad people. I'm not totally sure though....

TheAbominatrix
09-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Storm
Well, since you cannot beat her I recommend going to the bottom of the Tower of Zot and exiting it. Go inside of Eblan Castle and try taking all of the treasures. I think there's some pretty decent weapons there. There should also be a town that sells good weapons/armour, I believe it's the town with the mini/pig/toad people. I'm not totally sure though....

Excellent advice, but remember to be careful when you're opening the chests, some contain very difficult monsters, but the exp and the treasures are worth it. And the town is Silveria, which is the mini/pig/toad people.

final boss
09-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I finally bet Valvius yesterday. Took me a couple of tries to beat her though. What Lv. should I have been on? Cause my guys are under Lv. 25.

Outsider
09-24-2003, 11:59 AM
I can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure that my group was near lvl. 30...

But don't listen to me, when I like the game I lvl up like there's no tomorrow....

final boss
09-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Now I have a different question, what can I buy to survive Rubicant's Scorch? I do GREAT damage to him but his Scorch attack kills my most useful ones like Rydia and Kain.

Storm
09-27-2003, 11:20 PM
As for Kain, I believe a fire shield should absorb his scorch attack. Rydia, I don't think there's anything that can protect here unless Rosa casts safe on her, but that probably won't help that much.

final boss
09-28-2003, 08:27 PM
How do I beat Evil Wall? Cecil,[berserked] does below 2000 damage with his Light sword, Kain jumps, Rosa beserks Cecil and hastes people, Rydia casts Titan,[I haven't bothered to beat Asura yet] and Edge attacks if beserked. How do I kill him? Evil Wall closes up on me 3 steps every round. What's Virus? I've heard Rydia should cast it while fighting the wall. Is it Bio?

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Rydia should cast Virus, because she can execute it quickly. Im assuming it's bio in the re-release. Cecil should attack, Kain should jump, Edge should throw pretty much everything you can spare at him. Through the strongest weapons you dont use anymore.

final boss
09-28-2003, 08:37 PM
I need stuff that can do over 2000 damage. I don't have that and tha's why he crushes me. Do you know where I canget stuff like that?

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
As repetitive as this sounds... GO LEVEL UP. Unless you want to go through the cave to the land of the summons or through Slyph cave, you've pretty much gotten what you need. If you cant beat a boss at any time, if all else fails, go level up.

final boss
09-29-2003, 12:27 AM
What LV.? Kain's Lv.40, Cecil's 39-40, and everyone else is almost to Lv. 40.

TheAbominatrix
09-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Whatever it takes. I dont know the levels. Go level up until you're sick and tired of doing so. Your levels can never be too high.

Outsider
09-29-2003, 12:42 AM
Evil Wall, huh...? I'm pretty sure I was around lvl 45 when I defeated it...
I remember I used Titan with Rydia... Or was it Quake? Ah, I can't remember, but Virus is pretty strong.

If you don't lvl up you'll have a difficult time with some bosses after the Evil Wall...

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
More levels are always good. It seems like you're having troubles with a lot of the bosses later in the game, so it sounds like you need more levels. If you need specific strategies for bosses, www.gamefaqs.com is the way to go.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2003, 12:14 AM
Definitly, on both of The Dude's points. Dont blaze through the game, everytime you have free movement (ie: You're exploring or walking somewhere) take the time to go and level up. Even if it's just 2 or 3 levels, it can make a huge difference.