PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up and other stuff

XeQtR
09-22-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking about good leveling spots, and i don't wanna miss them if there is any particular ones you can come up with. Right now i'm only at disc one, right after getting the tiny bronco. The best place so far seems like the islands around Mideel.

And a question about AP. Ex. when the battle ends and i get 200 AP, does all characters get 200 each?
And further, if each get 200, does it split among all the materia i've eqipped or does every materia get 200 AP each? You could compare it to FFVIII, where the exp is divided equally between GFs, if you don't understand the question properly.

That's all for now, but you can be sure that i'll ask more later on :p
And last, don't worry about spoilers. I completed the game a few years ago, so i remember the important stuff. ;)

Flying Mullet
09-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by XeQtR
I'm thinking about good leveling spots, and i don't wanna miss them if there is any particular ones you can come up with. Right now i'm only at disc one, right after getting the tiny bronco. The best place so far seems like the islands around Mideel.
That's one of the best places to earn AP in the game. The best spot is in the Northern Crater at the end of the game. One of the paths takes you through a jungle area that has dirt walls. You can meet red dots there that give you 2,000 AP a piece. Magic Pots are also found there and they will give you 1,000 AP.

when the battle ends and i get 200 AP, does all characters get 200 each?
Yes, 200 AP goes to each character

And further, if each get 200, does it split among all the materia i've eqipped or does every materia get 200 AP each?
Every materia equipped gets 200 AP.

So to summarize, if you win 200 AP in a battle, all materia that is equipped on the three charcters in battle will each earn 200 AP. No splitting of AP between charcters or materia. 200 to all materia equipped and in battle.

NM
09-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Another good place to level up is in the crashed airplace under the sea once you have the Sub.

If I remember correctly thats on disc 2 (havn't played the game in ages but i'm sure it is.)

Rostum
09-23-2003, 12:23 AM
An excellent place to level up on the first to second disc, would have to be Junon. You know that place where the solders are training? Well there's an alarm, set that off and hard monsters come out and you can level up real fast! xD

XeQtR
09-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Mojo Pin
An excellent place to level up on the first to second disc, would have to be Junon. You know that place where the solders are training? Well there's an alarm, set that off and hard monsters come out and you can level up real fast! xD

Hmm.. training.. Trying to remember :p

Do you mean in the passageway from the boat dock to the city? I can recall a group of soldiers and one of those red-dressed instructors, is that the correct place?

Lost
09-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Mideel was my favorite place to fight enemies for exp. and money. It allowed my characters to level up and gave me enough money to by the expensive greens to power up my chocobos so I could get KoTR before parachuting back into Midgar.

XeQtR
09-23-2003, 10:12 AM
When you start talking about breeding, i also have a question :p

Here goes: Can i start breeding when i only have the tiny bronco, or do i got to have the highwind? I've read that you need a chocobo from the Icicle area, and i'm not sure whether i can get there without the airship. And when i go to the chocobo farm, i don't get any question about buying stalls. Do i need to go to the house at the farm? I only went to the stalls there.

NM
09-23-2003, 10:23 AM
You won't be able to get a gold Chocobo until you've got the Highwind. You need to get Chocobos & nuts from different areas which some aren't accessible until you have the airship.

XeQtR
09-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I thought so ;)

I seem to have forgot when i get the Highwind, can someone tell me? :p

NM
09-23-2003, 04:41 PM
After the Northern Cave you'll get the Highwind

Nevermore
09-23-2003, 04:51 PM
You can meet red dots there that give you 2,000 AP a piece.

Three Movers will net you 2300 AP, which isn't all that much. Still the best place to get 'em though.
A suggestion I have is, if you want to grow Materia, put 'em in a Triple growth weapon, such as the Rune Blade. They'll go up like crazy.

There's also the cactuar island, although I can't remember if they net you god AP or not. You probably can't get there right now, though.