PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Legends

Sacred Phoenix
09-24-2003, 07:54 PM
I was just wondering why no body ever talks about the final fantasy legend series, I think there was three of them. Even though they were for the original Gameboy, (WHICH SUCKS), but I found that the second one, while a little on the short side was really awesome. Plus the music was really good too("Heartful Tears" in the jukeboxs). Plus you can pick your character and your group. I have had Legend 2 since i think 1990.:eek: but this game was the reason i picked up final fantasy 8 (years later), because i had forgotten about the series and wanted to see how they had come along since gameboy. Now, i have beaten 6,8,9 and 10 and am totally going to finish the others. So why is it that some people have never heard of them???:tongue:

Outsider
09-24-2003, 08:02 PM
I played Legend 1... I got stuck in the middle of that stupid towerm, until I gave up... But it was an good game, and the meat system was cool.

I played a little of Legend 3 too, it wasn't bad, as far as I remember...

Flying Mullet
09-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Most people don't talk about them here because they were relativly unknown games for the GB. I have all three of them and bought II back in '90 or so too and loved playing it, especially since there weren't many rpg's on gameboy at the time.

Spatvark
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Legend 3 was the first Square game I ever played and I adore it to pieces. I've completed it nearly as many times as I have Chrono Trigger, and that's saying something. It's an incredibly simple, yet amazingly fun little game. The first two aren't as fun for me, but they're still pretty good (Goddamn that tower in the first one! I've never finished that damn game XD).

Saturnus
09-24-2003, 09:19 PM
I played them all
Plus FF Adventures

I have fond memories of all the games, I got chicken pox when I was 16 and they kept me busy for the 9 days I was quarentined (sp?)

Big D
09-25-2003, 12:32 AM
...should be in "General FF". *Moves thread*

Never had occasion to play any of the FF Legend series. Never owned any kind of Gameboy, that's probably part of the reason.:)

Still, I suppose they might get a re-release someday, just like the old Nintendo FF games.

Endless
09-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Too bad the FFL series is part of the SaGa series, not FF. xD Its place should be in General Squaresoft :p

I never played FFLs, but I played SaGa Frontier 2, and I liked it. Maybe if they remake these I'll play them.

Zifnab
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
FFAdventures is a great game, one of my GBC favourites. I just hate that "Palm Trees and 8" puzzle though, and I didn't have Internet access back when I was first playing it so GameFAQs was out of the question.
I've got FFLegend 2 but never really started it. Maybe I will sometime.

Xander
09-25-2003, 04:47 PM
I dont think they have ever been released here in the UK. I'm pretty sure of that... I've vaguely heard of them from some magazine article but not really. We didn't get much here in the UK till FFVII :p

Radje
09-25-2003, 05:23 PM
I thought all we missed here in the UK Was mystic, tactics, aventure and legends. Oh and 3. Gees we miss out on a lot. I have a nintendo emulator though and i've played mystic. I got bored of it though :/

Xander
09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
We didn't get FF's on the SNES though did we? So yeah we have all the others now since they have come out on Playstation. But people in the US still had an advantage of playing FF sooner :p I haven't ever downloaded Legends maybe I will sometime just to take a look at it.

Zifnab
09-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I dont think they have ever been released here in the UK. I'm pretty sure of that... I've vaguely heard of them from some magazine article but not really. We didn't get much here in the UK till FFVII :p
Unless my cart was an imported version, seeing as all GB cards are compatible with systems from other countries, then it was released in the U.K because I perchased mine off the shelf there. I've seen FFLegends 1-3 availiable here also, though only on occasion.

Xander
09-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Ah right, well maybe it was then :) I've just never seen it anywhere here so assumed it wasn't since the early FF's weren't out here on SNES (unless I'm mistaken about that too :p)

SpikingZero
09-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Isn't FFL the Romancing SaGa series...?

Flying Mullet
09-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by SpikingZero
Isn't FFL the Romancing SaGa series...?

Originally posted by Master Vivi
Too bad the FFL series is part of the SaGa series, not FF. xD Its place should be in General Squaresoft :p

I never played FFLs, but I played SaGa Frontier 2, and I liked it. Maybe if they remake these I'll play them

SpikingZero
09-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Ahem.

I knew it was a SaGa series, I just didn't know which one.

Sacred Phoenix
09-27-2003, 04:44 AM
Either Not all of you are listening to me or i am confused. Final Fantasy legends is on GAMEBOY not SNES and IT IS NOT A SAGA GAME!!!!!! I have looked up those romancing saga games and SaGa Frontiers, and it is NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!! so please stop saying they are. They are just really old, and i wanted to know why they were virtually unheard of. THANX

Too bad the FFL series is part of the SaGa series, not FF.

if this is true WHY IS IT CALLED FINAL FANTASY THEN???
i beleive i can read, and, yep the sticker on the cartridge says final fantasy Legend II says nothing about a SaGa on somesort. please explain....

SpikingZero
09-27-2003, 10:05 PM
No need to be rude.

In Japan, the Final Fantasy Legend trilogy was SaGa.

Endless
09-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Why is it called FFL (1-3) and not SaGa (1-3)? Because Square thought that selling it under the "Final Fantasy" title would work better.

Here's a small crash course in Square-naming 101:

Final Fantasy Series:
NES:
FF1
FF2-3 (J)
Snes:
FF4 (J) Easy = FF 2 (US)
FF5 (J)
FF6 (J) = FF 3 (US)
PSX:
FF7
FF8
FF9
PS2:
FFX
FFX-2

FF spinoffs:
Snes:
FF:MQ (J) = FF USA: MQ (US)
PSX:
FFT
GBA:
FFTA
NGC:
FF:CC

SaGa:
GB:
SaGA 1-3 (J) = FFL 1-3 (US/EU)
Snes:
Romancing SaGa 1-3
PSX:
SaGa Frontier 1-2
PS2:
Unlimited SaGa

Seiken Densetsu:
GB:
SD (J) = FFA (US) = MQ (EU)
Snes:
SD2 (J) = SoM (US/EU)
SD3 (J)
PSX:
SD4 (J) = LoM (US)
GBA:
SSD (J) = Sword of Mana (US)

Sacred Phoenix
09-28-2003, 05:43 AM
Let me start off by sayin that i am sorry if i sounded rude, i was in a really bad mood when I wrote that, so i apologize.

Second, thank you for that list, i can see clearly now, since i was totally confused, also after searching i found out the game goes by Makaitoshi SaGa I - III. Thanks Master Vivi for the list.

I'm going to go back and keep playing.......