PDA

View Full Version : Computer Troubles

Blizzard
09-25-2003, 05:15 AM
Hmm, I have a problem with my computer.
When I start it up, it'll come up with an error screen asking me how I want to start up windows. I choose Start Windows XP Normally.
All is well, but once the loading screen (Windows XP with the little blue/green bar) My computer shuts off and resets. Help please?

*is posting from school*

Endless
09-25-2003, 12:31 PM
It's asking because it never fully loads XP. Try booting in safe mode, and tell what happens.

Yrkoon
10-03-2003, 11:09 PM
inse rt your windows xp boot up floppy's and choose the repair option if that doesnt fix it reinstall xp..

Citizen Bleys
10-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Try using the Last Known Good configuration; if there's a registry problem, that should fix it.

(Just note that Last Known Good configuration is only effective on unbootable systems, since that copy of the registry is written at system startup--hence, if you're able to get logged in, you're already using it)

If Last Known Good Configuration fails, try loading safe mode and having a look at Device Manager; Any hardware with a red X or black exclamation mark in a yellow circle has a problem with it; double-click on it and post the diagnosis

EDIT: If you're not getting an option for Last Known Good, just hold F8 while you're booting up to get your boot options menu.