PDA

View Full Version : FF Origins disapointments (a little spoilers)

Fredde
09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
I've recently finished FF Origins (both of 'em) and tought they were both great, there was some disapointments for those who have played the two original games. Namely:

In FF1, none of the brooms talked backwards (they just had some weirdo jibba-jabba) and they didn't give clues to how to see the world map (that was to be read in the manual instead).

In FF2, two things was disapointing. Firstly, there was no challenge in grabbing a chocoboo (or however it's spelled), it just wandered around instead of hiding. Secondly, the whole damn Cyclone was changed into some generic Imperial Fortress. No walls made of pure wind, no puddles of chilling water (instead we got electric floors).

Cz
09-25-2003, 07:22 PM
The brooms do talk backwards. They just don't have anything interesting to say.

SpikingZero
09-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the brooms do talk backwards.

Sefie1999AD
09-25-2003, 10:21 PM
*MINOR SPOILERS*

I haven't got that far in FF2 Origins yet, but I know that the brooms in FF1 speak backwards. I agree with Black Mage 121 that they don't have anything interesting to say. However, they do give clues about seeing the world map. Just look at the attachment picture. The broom says "Start and Circle" backwards, and you need to press those two keys to see the world map.

Fredde
09-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Fine, they do talk a little backwards.

Oh right, I just remembered another disapointment. Namely, the floating castle. In the original it was this cool sci-fi space station, but in FFO it's been replaced with your average flyin' stone castle.