PDA

View Full Version : The FFX-2 Sound

Raurenu
09-28-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure if any of you had access to some of FFX-2's MP3s ... but those who have heard the new beat of Final Fantasy, what do you think of it?

I loved Eternity. So much that I've become rather fond of the word itself, too. But I heard all of the rest of the music ... like Real Emotion, Rikku's Theme in comparison of her old theme, and Yuna's theme were just ... they just seemed like recycled noises. Rikku's theme was okay the first bit until the trumpeting started, then it just reminded me of Hollywood. And Yuna's seemed a little like Rikku's too; all a bunch of fast techno and whatnot. After a while though it all began to sound the same.

What REALLY got me was the Chocobo theme. Who-ever is in charge of the music now, they changed the Chocobo theme!! The theme itself is agonizing; I'm not sure if I would even want to ride a chocobo around the world with its completely out of sync tune. The chocobo theme has always been lively and cute, but this one it just sounds like ... crap. It just ticked me off. What do you guys think of it?

Roogle
09-28-2003, 03:27 AM
A friend and I were talking about this earlier. As it turns out, it's the producer and director of the game's fault for telling the composers to make a soundtrack that was radically different from Final Fantasy X's. For those that wanted to hear a little of the old, and a little of the new to really show that Spira's changed, but is still the same old place—blame Nomura. He wanted to make the game very different, and that's why the soundtrack is so unconventional.

The tracks I do like are Yuna's Theme, the Eternity tracks, YuRiPa Battle No. 3, and the vocalized tracks. That's really pretty much it. Summoned Beast Battle is also a good track, but it really lacks something important in a battle as long as that—length.

The reason I like Yuna's Theme is not because it fits her, because it really doesn't. It makes a really good battle theme, and from what I've seen in the game, that's all it's used for. A battle theme. They could've just called it "Yuna Charges!" or something and made Kimi He or Yuna's Ballad Yuna's Theme instead.

Leia
09-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Raurenu

What REALLY got me was the Chocobo theme. Who-ever is in charge of the music now, they changed the Chocobo theme!! The theme itself is agonizing; I'm not sure if I would even want to ride a chocobo around the world with its completely out of sync tune. The chocobo theme has always been lively and cute, but this one it just sounds like ... crap. It just ticked me off. What do you guys think of it?
I couldn't believe me ears with the chocobo theme. I kept thinking that it would grow on me... it's now like months after and i still hate it. I do however, like the two themesongs but i've not heard all the soundtrack yet.

Raurenu
09-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Roogle
For those that wanted to hear a little of the old, and a little of the new to really show that Spira's changed, but is still the same old place—blame Nomura. He wanted to make the game very different, and that's why the soundtrack is so unconventional.

No way! This is Nomura's doing?! I don't understand. Isn't Nomura the character designer? Or does he also get involved with the compositions?