PDA

View Full Version : Watch your backs PvP is coming to the game!

Valarm
09-28-2003, 02:15 AM
So is everyone as excited as I am about them adding PvP soon after the release. :D

Sephrios from a defferent forum stated:

"Hey all i got this information off of www.rpgfan.com and this what they had to say from an anoucenment from square."

Square Enix president Youichi Wada however also mentioned several future enhancements for Final Fantasy XI. Among them are a high-rank mission, new character motions and a player vs player mode. In December, the level cap will be raised from 70 to 75 and so-called reverse areas will be introduced. While those areas do not differ from existing ones in terms of their landscape, their atmosphere will be entirely different. During the meeting, a screenshot of a dark field covered with snow was shown as an example.

Lionx
09-28-2003, 03:19 AM
Only if its in an arena. I am against pvp.

Alpha
09-28-2003, 03:31 AM
It was only a matter of time. Awhile back they said they wanted to find a reason (like a story reason) for PvP before they activated PvP. Maybe they will put it into the form of an arena. I'd love that a hellavalot, especially if they allow you to watch.

Valarm
09-28-2003, 04:07 AM
I have to say I’m for it. But I like the idea that UO, and think EQ uses on it’s none PvP servers, were some you can accept a challenge or decline it. No matter were you are.

Crono9051
09-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it be great if you could accept or decline a battle wherever you are. But they should also have an arena when once a month, or something like that, the top alliance or party would fight against the other leading nation for better equipment in that nation. They shoul also have tournaments and give prizes to that individual, the prizes could be a sufficient amount of gil or experience not to mention weapons, items, etc.

KireiBlood
09-28-2003, 08:29 PM
It's obvious what would be best....it would be best to have it so players must accept or decline challanges, except in certain areas where there is no law (certain places too overthrown by beast men) and those areas should have amazing iteams.

also they shoudl have a few servers that pvp is everywhere,

fighting tournaments are a must (for prizes of course)

pvp fights should not be only experienced by top nations that would be dumb....but it would be very nice if nations could go into war every now and then as events uncontrollable by the players (when they start that is)

Rostum
09-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by lionx
Only if its in an arena. I am against pvp.

LionX and I had a perfect idea of what would be best for this system, why don't you go ahead and tell them. ;)

Valarm
09-29-2003, 02:51 AM
Right from the horses mouth:

The development team is currently working on further expanding the previoulsy mentioned "limbo" (with battles in town areas), and implementing a "PvP System...
...that will affect the conquest results between nations.

These changes are scheduled to take place between January and March 2004.

I personal like that PvP will effect the conquest results between nations. What a great idea. :D

Rostum
09-29-2003, 03:11 AM
Oh, well luckily I will be playing on Christmas day for the first time. That's when I will get my new computer, and I'll already have bought FFXI by then. So that means I still get to play without PvP implemented in the game, yay!

TogiB
10-08-2003, 07:24 PM
I think PvP would really make the conquest mode more interesting, and the Tournaments would be awesome.

KireiBlood
10-08-2003, 07:54 PM
agreed....just dont dare challange KIREIBLOOD !!

TogiB
10-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Is that a challenge, KireiBlood? ohhhhhh, when i get FF XI, i'm gonna hunt you down!! beware of TOGI BAGUSHKI!!! HAHAHAHAHA

lol:tongue:

KireiBlood
10-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Beauty....Blood, ill still ur life and vanish

Rostum
10-09-2003, 07:40 AM
You see, this would be great with an arena. So as friends we can challenge each other.

Inuyasha23
10-10-2003, 03:04 PM
im all for fight ing other players but i think there should be another little perk to it. if yo kill some one you should be able to take their items and leave them there with only their weapon. i really dont care how they set it up and if it can happen anytime anywhere that only makes it better. an arena sounds good. maybe gladiatorial matches every week. but personally i dont think its gona work to well if people are challengeing or being challenged by a party. how do you deal with a 6 on 2??:eep:

Inuyasha23
10-10-2003, 03:07 PM
war is what we need!!! enlist in an army invade the other country and let the piliging begin. nice twist huh? oh and by the way whenit hits the stores be ware of a very strong character, InuYasha.

ill except any challenge.

Grand Lethal
10-10-2003, 03:23 PM
I know it'll be set up as a duel system, where you have to accept, but I think its still going to go against all that is FFXI. From playing the beta, I have found no real reason for them to add PvP. I think it'll take away from the game because you'll have some jackass that will keep harassing you to fight over and over again... I hope they add filters to block this :(
I just think there will be to many immature people that won't use the system productively.
*imagines his little Taru DRK dismantling a big Galka...*
there are some up sides though :)

Inuyasha23
10-10-2003, 09:28 PM
grand lethal you're retarded!!!!

how ca being able to kill people mak a a game worse? :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad2:

KireiBlood
10-11-2003, 05:13 AM
he means constant challanges form peopel may be annoying...as well in FF it doesn't seem desired to figh other players

Krystic_WLA
10-11-2003, 05:19 AM
well i think it is a good idea to put in PvP , i mean the whole thing about this game is conquest for ur country...

...putting PvP will adda hole new story and view to the game, not only will we be killing monsters for conquest but soldiers of other kingdoms....good idea, i just hope they have good filters.

project_mayhem
10-11-2003, 09:20 AM
im all for pvp but there are some rules that need to be in place.......

in any of these situations

group versus group only if both groups are from different nations..... and not in cities

single pvp
challenge to duels... with the ability to block certain players challenge's (for example they can't challenge you if you're already ignoring them)

arena single pvp
set areas that two players at a time can enter and fight with in an arena and have spectators........

scratch the last one that should just be for schd events say weekly or something for gladiator type championships
with entry fees... and prizes

i dunno i began to ramble..... oh well

SubMatrix
10-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Krystic_WLA
i mean the whole thing about this game is conquest for ur country...

The whole point of the game is supposed to be the nations working together to defeat the beastmen. The conquest system is an indirect result of that (in character as least). From an in-character standpoint the logic should be "We need to join forces to save the world," not "I'm going to kill this guy so my shop will have better items."

Leighton

Grand Lethal
10-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Once you guys reach Jueno you will understand the story more, but I'm not going to give it away. Just know this... I have been beta testing and there are already enough annoying things people do in the game... adding PvP is just going to create more issues. I do like duels and challenges, its just that it doesn't mesh very well with FFXI is all. There is so much else to do in the game that PvP will just waste time and slow down game progress and developement of a server (ei, building up the Auction Houses, learning guild trades, finishing qquests and missions, and of course leveling and conquesting. Trust me, you wouldn't miss PvP if it wasn't there.

Kalel
10-11-2003, 03:17 PM
PVP won't be in game till you reach over lvl 100 according to article with Square so no one can pick on newcomers in game. It will be available I believe for those over level 100 to start challenging each other.

But square says it must stick with story, so I think it will be story type thing. Maybe like a tournament.

Sorry stupid PVP system like Everquest, to keep game fair.

Grand Lethal meant game will be too hard to play and enjoy if you have to constantly watch your back against players as well as beast. GL is right PVP would not work if its just like free for all. GAme would suck big if like that!
Game is good the way it is unless they make it so you can't just be attacked.

Krystic_WLA
10-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SubMatrix
The whole point of the game is supposed to be the nations working together to defeat the beastmen. The conquest system is an indirect result of that (in character as least). From an in-character standpoint the logic should be "We need to join forces to save the world," not "I'm going to kill this guy so my shop will have better items."

Leighton

well wat i mean is that if PvP is introduced then the view of the story might change entirely, like the nation realize once the beawtmen are finish then they have the 3 nations that will proably fight over land...see wher inm going with this....just a thought thats all.

SubMatrix
10-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Ok, I see what you're saying. Personally I would like the focus to stay on the war against the beastmen, though I could see merit in a PvP environment. An in-game reason for the system wouldn't be that hard to come up with by way of Krystic's example. Influential members from all three kingdoms migth realize that when this war is over there will be a vieing for the land and decide to preempt the other nations efforts by means of sabatoge and assissination. I could see quests being devised by this means especially geared toward the less than scrupulous jobs (Dark Knight, Ninja, etc.).

I support an in-game reason for PvP beyond anything more than a duel/accept system (because that's just realistic). Any even that would force PvP on someone should have a plot to back it up and I would hope that this even would be only an aspect of the game and not the evolution of it.

Leighton

TogiB
10-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Sadly, i have never played the game. i was planning on going to a beta testing but never made it. i think the idea of having the PvP for characters at LV100 would be great, and yes, they should have scheduled tournaments, and no free for all. i really hate newbie hunters.....

p.s. i WILL be looking for you, Kireiblood.

Valarm
10-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Ok, this is just a rumor I heard and have nothing to support it.

I heard that PvP when introduced would be against a different world. Now whether that means putting us against different severs (since they are considered worlds) or like UO you will be able to gate to a different world on the same server, but I'm not really sure.

What have the rest of you heard rumors or other wise.

Ichy
10-12-2003, 04:40 PM
In all my experiences in PvP, the only system I have ever seen that works is currently employed in Anarchy Online. Lvl restrictions prevent players from destroying lowbies, suppression gas seperates zones creating very distict PvP areas and safe areas. Noone gets killed without first knowing well in advance what they're getting into as there is a 25-60 second grace period actively counted down on-screen, giving you ample time to step back and out of the zone before someone ganks you.

Personally, I don't want to see PvP in this game. I love the Conquest idea, it's the perfect relief from the constant cunumdrum of "So and so attacked such and such guild and everyone in range dropped everything and ran to the laggy scene!" FFXI's system, for all I've seen and heard (not a beta tester, though) is rock solid and, honestly, I believe PvP would reduce SOOO much of the stand-out originality that the FF franchise is so very well known for.

While arena fighting may be really cool... we could all bet Gil.... it may just also be fuel for the fire towards all out PvP zones. If Square ever officially polls it's playerbase I'll have to be going against this one...

Kalel
10-12-2003, 05:21 PM
PVP can really hurt game if not done right. When I played Everquest beta is really sucked being attacked by other players within two days of playing.

EQ was not fun game due to bad graphics and watching back all the time from other players or enemies.

inlineskating29
10-19-2003, 11:33 PM
pvp will be good if there is an arena, ppl watching,and if u can choose to accept or decline your challenge and u cant get attacked out side of the city by other players only by them dam beasts

Rostum
10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Isn't PvP on a seperate server? Or something like that... can't remember the full details. But, basically, it's a 'inverted' world where you can PvP.

Anyways, somebody clarify this, I know that there's information on it out there somewhere.

SubMatrix
10-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Actually there isn't information out there, only speculation. Square has publicly announced a "possible implementation" of PvP sometime early next year but gave no details. Unless you have a source that works for Square-Enix don't take anything said about PvP as more than an oppinion or speculation, there's nothing official at this time.

Leighton

KireiBlood
10-23-2003, 02:18 AM
you are very secure with you words or something....ill listen........for now

XERO
10-24-2003, 12:23 AM
inuyasha,i challenge you now. we can discuss technicalities of it in game. but the only way the fight shall occur is if you go on the Ragnorak server. ill see you then...if you make it

and yes,there is some what more info then you have provided about PvP. its going to be through the kingdoms or something. lol look it up on the site

SubMatrix
10-24-2003, 01:00 AM
From PlayOnline.com
Addition of PvP System Announced!

Between Jan. 2004 to March 2004: PvP in the form of fighting among nations (not PK style)

Details will be announced at a later date.

This info was released 2 days ago, to my knowledge it is the only (public) official information at this time.

Leighton

Loony BoB
10-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Okay, I haven't read everything, forgive me if I'm repeating anything. I'm good at that. xD

Anyway, if (or when) they go PVP, the ideal way to go would be to have it set as an option - each person can choose to be involved in PvP or not. And if they are, then they can make challenges which can be denied, as suggested earlier. That way all those who do want to fight others anytime, anywhere can just challenge someone, and those that don't want to can just hang around and do their thing without even having to bother with declining hundreds of challenges. You simply select an option and you become un-challengeable. Easy.

Rostum
10-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Yeah, that would be a good thing Loony BoB. Also an Arena where they can have annual challenges, for prizes. It could be a big event! xD

XERO
10-27-2003, 06:04 AM
thats how i originally thought the PvP would work for this game...dissapoints me that its not,but im sure whatever it is that square does,it will be a good decision

Zidane_2006
10-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Well my pc ranks with High resolution a 1770 and my high is a 2635. I was wondering if their was a way on how to raise my score?

also I have a card called Ge FORCE FX 5600 AGP 256 MB DDR

Is it the card or the Computer? (Pavilion 540n)

Zidane_2006
10-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Oh my im srry wrong thread :( Too worried about the problem i guess:eep:

Kalel
10-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Yes PVP will be added to game sometime Jan/Feb 04 by way of country vs country.
I guess the 3 countries will be at war with each other in certain points of game and players will fight for their country against other players from other warring country.

But you can't just attack anyone you like. Squaresoft is not dumb like Sony to make game stupid like Everquest. Everquest really stinked because you couldn't enjoy game always watching back from fellow players and NPC enemies.

So Square won't make game suck with PVP. But will put PVP in storyline of game and make it work.

Aerio
10-28-2003, 03:47 AM
that was only on PvP servers in EQ....