PDA

View Full Version : How long would it really take?

Xander
09-28-2003, 07:42 PM
This thought occurred (sp?) to me today. Obviously the time span in Final Fantasy is counted by the hours you spend playing it so what for some is 30hours may be 90 hours for another.

But how long do you think that a Final Fantasy adventure would really last for the characters in it? For example, take Final Fantasy VII, from the time the characters were in that reactor in Midgar right at the beginning, to the point at the very end of the game, when the journey is complete.
Is it a month, just a few weeks or do you think it would be more than that, a year even?

I actually feel like it wouldn't be that long , 2 - 3 weeks maybe... but I don't know, it's weird to think about! Any ideas?

Radje
09-28-2003, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure really, in FF7's case 'd say maybe about 2 months tops. FF1 however i'd say around half a year cause of the amount of travelling

PhoenixAsh
09-28-2003, 10:13 PM
I'll just do recent ones.

VII would take a long time. I'm fairly certain it states that at least two weeks go by within relatively short playing time. Notably the beginning of disc two, and all of disc three.
Add to that the party sleeping (not including tents etc) on several occasions. The time it would take to travel, fight, heal etc. I reckon your talking at least a month or two.

VIII I would suspect would last longer. Purely because of the plot's rythm. It wouldn't make sense for things to happen quickly, and there was a lot of drifting and exploring done on the Garden.

IX was based around events that were happening fairly quickly, it was basically retaliations between areas, with you going along with the flow. I'd say that's fairly short. Less than a month.

X I'm not sure. It had a realtime feel because of the way you progressed, but it couldn't have been that fast. I really don't know.

black orb
09-29-2003, 03:13 AM
>>> Im playing FFT and my characters are about 5 years of nonsense traveling..:D

Freya Coral
09-29-2003, 05:01 AM
I've always thought FF1 would take about a year (maybe a year and a half) due to all the traveling involved. The others I'm not really sure about.

7 and 8 would probably take a long time (about a year or so) because of these games' complex plots.

9... I'm pretty sure this would be pretty quick. In fact, I did some digging and found a site dedicated to Beatrix that gives a timeline detailing all the events involving her. Based on that, it would take about three or four months. Here's the link (http://www.gunblade.nu/beatrix/) in case anyone wants to take a look. It's not very good English, but you can understand the basic idea of what it says.