PDA

View Full Version : Low level Beating

IamTidus
09-29-2003, 06:34 AM
I just beat FF8 again, but I decided I would try it at the lowest level possible. I ended up beat it at lv. 25 My party was Zell lv. 20 Irvine lv. 24 Squall lv. 25 those where the highest of all all my characters. I was just wondering what was the lowest you beat FFVIII at?

Zifnab
09-29-2003, 10:01 AM
100. :(
After my first party was weak and couldn't even get past Griever I was forced to re-start the entire game, and since then I've always made sure I'm prepared for the final confrontation. Perhaps my next save I'll just zip through the game without level-up sessions (except maybe a few Cactuar level ups) and see how I go.

MagicKnight Locke
09-30-2003, 01:34 PM
i myself havent finished ff8 in that way but i think the lowest u could get finishing is the beginning lvls u beginned with.

Later when you get card you'll be a happy guy...since card nets no exp but does it net hp,i dont remember.

If you wanna check a good way of staying low lvl then go to gamefaqs,i remember some sort of powerup guide there that gave a fuhll guide on how to stay low lvl...

crono_logical
10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
FF8 is far easier at a low level, due to enemies level's being related to your levels (although bosses have a lower limit, I think), so you can stay at a low level forcing the enemies to stay weak, and just use junctioning to boost your stats up :p

BG-57
10-03-2003, 02:56 PM
The biggest advantage of having low level characters is they can get more out of the GF Catuar's stat bonuses. I had three party members at level 15 when I got Catuar. The other three I had been using more were around 30-35 or so. I then leveled each party member up to level 100 using the stat bonuses.

While the bosses are less hard at lower levels I like having all the junction abilities for each GF, so I do a lot of leveling up.

Seifer
10-04-2003, 01:22 AM
For a low level game, I have Irvine at about 13 or 14, and everyone else considerably lower. i.e. Near their original levels. Of course, I'm too lazy to beat Ultimecia, so I haven't finished it at those levels. Oh, now I remember. I forgot to get some guardian forces, so I went to her castle, drew the GFs, beat all the bosses, and then died when Catoblepas casted Meteor or something; everyone was in critical condition. I didn't save it because I didn't have enough room on my memory card to make a new file. (I wanted a save for Disk 3 as well as 4.)

It's true that it's easier at a lower level, but some of the bosses are a pain in the ass on the second disk. Well, one. That stupid BFGKDJIFJ(#989393 whatever. For some reason, it's just harder when your characters are at a lower level.