PDA

View Full Version : ME ANGRY! STOMP SQUARE!

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 06:21 PM
I heard that FFXI was going to retail for $20-$30 rather than $40-$50 because you pay the monthly fee to play online. I was out at www.gamestop.com and they're takin preorders for the game at $50 a pop! What a rip! Does anyone know if Square is going back on the cheaper price tag or is Gamestop ripping people off that just have to preorder the game so that they can get a copy asap when it comes out?

Crono9051
09-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Gamestop isn't ripping anyone off. The game costs $50 dollars not including the monthly fee. And to my knowledge I never heard that square was going to sell it between 20 to 30 dollars. Even the japanese version was selling around $50 U.S. dollars, without the monthly fee.

P.S.
If your going to reserve it I would reserve it online at gamestop. If you reserve it online you get a free mouse pad plus a 30 day free trial. I reserved it at the store so I don't get a mousepad.:cry:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Hmm..... Interesting that you say you dont get a mouspad and poster because I pre-ordered mine at the local Electronics boutique......

and now i have seen magazine and internet adds saying If you "pre-Order" you get a "free mouse pad & poster."

My point is I have never seen it say that it only applies to internet pre-orders.

I am taking the magazine add into the store to make sure i get my "poster & mouse pad."

If they dont have them in the store then I am writing a letter to the head office.

It says if I "pre-Order" not if I "Pre-Order On-line Only"

Crono9051
09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
Well I don't know about electronic boutique, but I registered at the square enix website and they mailed me an email with an offer to pre-order FFXI. It also came with a code that was supposed to be typed on the ordering cart in order to get a free mousepad, so I'm assuming this only applies for online pre-orders. Anyway I'll go to the store today and check.

Edit: I went to the store and they said I would get a free mouse pad.