PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm? No WATER Aeon?!

MJN SEIFER
09-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Does Anyone Find it Strange there was no water Aeon Even though Water is Indead A theme of the Game!!

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Perhaps Sin is a form of a water aeon?

NM
09-29-2003, 11:34 PM
No holy summon.
No demi summon.
No earth summon.

Theres quite a few of the standard elemental summons missing for a FF game. :D

Zifnab
09-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by NM
No holy summon.
No demi summon.
No earth summon.

Theres quite a few of the standard elemental summons missing for a FF game. :D
Those elements themselves didn't appear in the game, though Demi could probably have been implimented somehow.

It was strange - there was four elements and three of them were accounted for. The biggest disapointments in the FFX Summons for me were lack of Odin and Leviathan summons. Leviathan would've completed the set of elemental summons, so his absense was unjustified.

NM
09-30-2003, 12:23 PM
I would have liked a Phoenix summon aswell. Odin always a good one but I think Yojimbo was 10 version of him.

Holy is in the game but no your right theres no earth magic.

Skogs
09-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, as Jenova-Rebirth was saying, there are four elements in FFX: Fire, Ice, Water and Lightning. Fire, Ice and Lightning had Aeons. Why didn't water?

PhoenixAsh
09-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Some things seemed like they were putting effort into making the summons suck. How difficult would it have been to call Valefor Quezacotl and give it a lightning attack?

FFX was an evil experiment, I'm telling you people.

Magus
10-02-2003, 02:14 PM
i think we encountered the water summon as a boss in the Via Purifico i 4got his name tho.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Evrae?

No, Evrae is not a summon He is just a "Guard" for Bevelle. And as far as I know he is not water Realted

m4tt
10-02-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Some things seemed like they were putting effort into making the summons suck. How difficult would it have been to call Valefor Quezacotl and give it a lightning attack?

FFX was an evil experiment, I'm telling you people.

Because Quezacotl sucks? They probably wanted to use new summons, with just a few of the old ones. Bahamut, Ifrit and Shiva were the only ones to appear in other games. I liked Ixion the way he was, personally.

And you can make Valefor into a water aeon.. teach him water magic! Wow so hard.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 03:08 PM
I mean There should Have been an Aeon who was FULLY Water Elemetal Like Lethien or That Whale in FF6 I mean water was everywere in FF10!! Blitzball Water Spheres Tide-Usss (Ok Its Tee-dar in Jap but work with me here) Wakka (Means Water)you name it! I just thought a water Aeon would complete the list

Zeratul
10-03-2003, 09:35 AM
I agree, leviathan was one of my favorites... next to bahamut (which in mythology was another sea creature with a mountain on his back).

Cz
10-03-2003, 04:34 PM
In a world where water was such an important element, and in the FF to include water as a major element, the lack of a water aeon was very strange.

I think Leviathan would fit in perfectly, since he's the 'traditional' FF water summon, and he seems so suited to the world.

MJN SEIFER
10-03-2003, 10:45 PM
I have Some High-Pitched Theroys of why they chose the OLD sumons they did:

Ifrit: A familier and Basic Aeon/summon to get you ready

Shiva: So the Girls on't complain

Bahamut: another Familier face. Although even though he's a cool summon he is begining to look overused......

Still no Explanation for lack of water Aeon though!

Oh and Bahamut was a fish in Mythology

§håd0w
10-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Shiva was actually a Hindu god (not goddess).

Ifrit: An ifrit is a class of infernal jinn from Arabic Mythology

Bahamut: The enormous fish on which stands Kujara, the giant bull, whose back supports a rock of ruby, on the top of which stands an angel on whose shoulders rests the earth... Islamic myth.

Odin: He is the chief god of the Norse mythology

Leviathan: In the Bible, Canaanite, and Ugaritic mythology. In the Bible, he is a chaos animal in the shape of a crocodile/serpent. In Canaanite myth, it is a monster called Lotan (A coiling serpent with seven heads.) In Ugaritic mythology he is the god of evil.

Pheonix: Associated with Re in Greek/Egyptian Mythology

Fenrir: A gigantic and terrible monster in the shape of a wolf of Norse mythology.

Maxico
10-04-2003, 10:39 PM
well if your doing other ones that didn't appear in ffx then
quazicotyl: was an aztec god (I think, possibly mayan)

everybody porberly knows this but yojimbo: is a ronin, a samurai who has lost his master and wanders around the land.

and just because im a smart arse: shiva has nothing to do with the shiva in ff. he is the god of destruction and continualy dances to keep the universe moving normaly in pictures he is seen dancing on the back of a man holding a knife.

Roogle
10-04-2003, 11:05 PM
I heard that Leviathan was in early sketches of the game when they were coming up with ideas, but you know why there really is no water Aeon?

Yuna can't swim very well in the first one, and she doesn't battle underwater—only Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku do. Where would she be able to summon Leviathan? On land? That would look a little weird.

lemonation
10-05-2003, 12:00 AM
X was great. But it did lack a water Aeon. More Specifically, It lacked Leviathan. I wouldn't care if he was water. It'd still be Leviathan. Just different. I mean, He's a giant dragon from the sea! he's just awesome.
X also lacked my favorite Black Magic Spell: Comet/Meteor. Where were the giant space rocks?

§håd0w
10-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by maxi333
everybody porberly knows this but yojimbo: is a ronin, a samurai who has lost his master and wanders around the land.

AKA, Hired bodyguard.

katana
10-05-2003, 01:34 AM
And about the lack of black magic spells, Demi was in the game. No idea who said it wasnt. Im not sure if you can use it as Lulu or anything, but enemies use it.

BTW, Bahamut was a turtle in myths and he carried the bull and angel and earth and all that on his back.

§håd0w
10-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Bahamut was a fish bro.

Jack
10-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Where the hell is Leviathan? He is the coolest, and they didn't include him. Evil people. Anyways, she didn't have to be on water to summon it, since in every FF, they summon no matter where u r.

If they had Leviathan, then you could have had a underwater cloister of trials, which would be cool, because underwater is always cool. It could be a "lost" aeon, one that disapeared when it's temple colapsed into the sea. Then Tidus would have to swim down, an open up the land path, which then means Yuna could get it. (This didn't happen, but i'm trying to give a good reason why it should be in the game, complete with plot as well!)

Then again, i think they )(Square) were trying to distance itself from so may summons, and tryinmg to distanec themselves from so many regulars (Odin, Alexander, Titan, Phoenix etc) and Leviathan was one where it didn't make the cut. Only Ifrit, Shiva & Bahamat did.

Still think it's weird, and YES why wasn't there any Comet attack. That is so cool.
Lulu has Demi by the way, and the reason why there was no Earth, Gravity & Earth summons, was because
they wearnt in the game as Elements in the first place.

§håd0w
10-05-2003, 01:20 PM
But you notice Yuna never went undrewater. So the only people going would be Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka. And who would summon it? Unless it was a path leading underwater.

NM
10-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Meteor is in the game. It's just you can't use it.

The Behemoth Kings use them as a final attack when you kill them.

§håd0w
10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Yea, I though it kinda blew that there were only 2 non elemental spells. Flare and Ultima. Both of which sucked.

Cz
10-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Roogle
Where would she be able to summon Leviathan? On land? That would look a little weird.

It certainly would, but it didn't stop Square before. All kinds of impossibilities involving summon monsters have cropped up, but I guess gameplay takes precedence over realism in this sort of game.

Nait
10-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Anima was certainly fishy enough for me. *_*

§håd0w
10-12-2003, 02:06 PM
I probably would have considered Anima to be a wind aeon (If one existed), knowing that anima means 'wind' in Latin.

SomethingBig
10-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Roogle
I heard that Leviathan was in early sketches of the game when they were coming up with ideas, but you know why there really is no water Aeon?

Yuna can't swim very well in the first one, and she doesn't battle underwater—only Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku do. Where would she be able to summon Leviathan? On land? That would look a little weird.

Yuna could always ride on Leviathan's back, seeing as how he's a giant serpent.

MecaKane
10-15-2003, 12:41 AM
They don't HAVE to make every part of every game go fully with the traditions of the other ones. Another summon wouldn't fit in with the FFX story, so there wasn't one. La-De-Da

BoB dA aLiEn
10-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
It certainly would, but it didn't stop Square before. All kinds of impossibilities involving summon monsters have cropped up, but I guess gameplay takes precedence over realism in this sort of game.

In games like FF8 the GF's, Aeons, Summons what ever word you want to use for them they only stayed out for a turn so you wouldn't think that a water element would be able to stay on land very long Yuna would only be able to use it in water but she dosent swim, she only did in that love scene with Titus. I'm losing my self I will stop typin now.

Cz
10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking more of Bahamut, Ramuh etc. appearing from the sky inside caves. The point about water aeons is a good one, although Leviathan seemed pretty comfortable in and out of water in previous games. I think he'd be capable of surviving for a while.

§håd0w
10-16-2003, 12:12 AM
It's like a lot of people wanted Odin. But there was already a swords man, a horse, and a summon that could kill any character.

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 02:40 AM
Speaking of Yuna and water. Didnt she had to go underwater to get Anima? Cause it was underwater if I remember right. Titus, Wakka, and Rikku was fighting under water, but when you got to Anima's underwater Temple Yunnie was there getting the summon. Isnt that kindof odd scince she couldnt swim good. o_O Or am I just imagining things. >.<

MecaKane
10-16-2003, 05:36 AM
Yah, she was still actually with them or something, just not fighting.
Like in certain aeras when you went under water and came up on the other side everyone'd be in your party again.

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Thats what I thought. I dont know why they didnt have Leviathan or a water summon simular. Concidering what I just said about Yunnie and water. I missed that summon and Alexander. On X.

§håd0w
10-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Yea, they have Holy element, but no Holy summon. Same with water... it pisses me off.

Ultros0
10-22-2003, 04:58 AM
it's funny, ya'll bitch about there not being enough change in one thread, and in another ya'll bitch about change... Change is good. I've played every final fantasy in chronological order and X is the top of my list.

§håd0w
10-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ultros
it's funny, ya'll bitch about there not being enough change in one thread, and in another ya'll bitch about change... Change is good. I've played every final fantasy in chronological order and X is the top of my list.

And your point is? We can "bitch" all we want about FFX. That's why this thread is titled "Hmmm? No WATER Aeon?!" And that's what we will continue to do, is "bitch" about how there wasn't a water Aeon. You don't have to flame us for voicing our opinion. I can tell someone is a noob in this thread.

*points finger*

Ultros0
10-23-2003, 01:49 AM
rofl "noob" i've played and analyzed every final fantasy in existance. stfu. im not flaming ya'll. I just happen to agree with the guy who said that valefor can learn water if you really care about having water... It's not like aeons are the most powerful thing in the game already.

§håd0w
10-23-2003, 01:50 AM
I said in this message board you moron.

Angel_Reaper
10-23-2003, 07:25 PM
I know Valefor can learn water cause i got it on him...her? o_0 I just love to see leviathian. i love to watch he come out of the ocean...sea...river..lake...waterfall(?)....which ever one he comes out of and kiss a@@. and of couse i miss alex love the FF9 look he had. :love: thats all i am bitching about. :tongue:

§håd0w
10-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Valefor is a girl. You find out when you revisit the temple. It's hard to tell what Valefor would be, she is a giant "bird" but knows elemental attacks and her overdrive is non-elemental.

Anima can be considered wind, holy, and shadow. Seeing as anima (-us, -um) means life, breath of life, spirit; wind in Latin. She could be those, and just by judging her overdrive, Oblivion, where she sends you to hell and beats the crap out of you... she could be shadow/darkness/etc...

Leviathan was cool and should've been in there. As so was Alexander.

Heath
10-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Jenova·Rebirth
Those elements themselves didn't appear in the game, though Demi could probably have been implimented somehow.

Demi and Holy were in the game.
Holy was a white magic and Demi is a black magic.

Angel_Reaper
10-25-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
Valefor is a girl. You find out when you revisit the temple. It's hard to tell what Valefor would be, she is a giant "bird" but knows elemental attacks and her overdrive is non-elemental.

Anima can be considered wind, holy, and shadow. Seeing as anima (-us, -um) means life, breath of life, spirit; wind in Latin. She could be those, and just by judging her overdrive, Oblivion, where she sends you to hell and beats the crap out of you... she could be shadow/darkness/etc...

Leviathan was cool and should've been in there. As so was Alexander.

I would revisit the temple once i get a new PS2. :cry: Mine went out on me just when i bought 2 more games that i havent even got to play yet. :mad: *saving money or tring to :grr: stupid bills*

Yeah but Anima was cool when i used it againt some of the monsters. I loved watching her sending them to hell and beat the crap out of them. :radred:

vivi_rocks
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
sin probably is an aeon you just cant get him, i mean he is a big fat ass whale

§håd0w
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by vivi_rocks
sin probably is an aeon you just cant get him, i mean he is a big fat ass whale

Yeah, I've listened to a lot of crap from my friends about whether or not Sin is an Aeon or not. But first off, Sin an armor protecting Yu Yevon, it cannot be classified as anything except for... nevermind, I cannot think of anything to classify it as.

But anyway... since Sin is created from the final summoning that previously defeated it, and it is associated with Yu Yevon, it could be an Aeon. Then again, Aeons are the "gift of Yevon" (c. Yuna) and Sin isn't a gift at all, it is a punishment for the vanity that people used to have 1000 years ago. So it's all opinionated right there. IMHO, Sin isn't an Aeon, but there are other who will argue relentlessly that s/he is. But if it was an Aeon, it would seem most likely to fit Death/Shadow/whatever the hell you wanna call the opposite of Holy.

vivi_rocks
10-25-2003, 09:42 PM
exactly if sin is created by the final aeon then sin is an aeon but then how do you explain jecht, hes not an aeon he was a faith

§håd0w
10-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Jecht became an Aeon, Braska's Final Aeon. That is how they destroyed Sin. But it is wierd that Braska used a Fayth to be transformed into the final summoning, and still defeated Sin... seeing as Aeons are part of the Fayth. So it's like using and Aeon to make an Aeon, or a Fayth to make a Fayth.

Starcrest
11-16-2003, 05:03 AM
ok, so, what was Bahamut, a fish, or a turtle? I'm going with a fish, sry it's off topic, but, I just wanna know

Big D
11-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Masamune1287, if you abuse anyone again, I'll consider banning you. Just so you know.exactly if sin is created by the final aeon then sin is an aeon but then how do you explain jecht, hes not an aeon he was a faithJecht became the Fayth for the Final Aeon; after Sin's defeat, he became the 'new Sin' after being taken over by Yu Yevon. Sin is kind of like an Aeon, since Sin's mainly a monster summoned by Yu Yevon from the souls of Zanarkand's dead. When Zanarkand was destroyed by Bevelle, Yevon used his people's souls to create a monster to wreak his revenge.
Originally posted by Shiva's Effect
ok, so, what was Bahamut, a fish, or a turtle? I believe that the Bahamut of legend is a giant fish... but I could be wrong. It's a myth I want to learn more about someday.