PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you people do it!?

DMKA
09-29-2003, 09:18 PM
I cannot beat the 2nd battle in this game. I've been trying for the last 2 years and cannot do it. So what am I doing wrong? just how the hell do you play FF Tactics?

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Patience and strategy. Make sure that each player is playing thier respective role and don't rush into battle, let the enemy come to you. So let Ramza and the other squires engage the enemy while the chemists heal Ramza and the squires on the front line.

Advent Child
09-30-2003, 04:58 AM
do you not know how to place your party members other than ramza? I had that problem. Use L1 or R1 at the placement screen if that's the trouble.

DMKA
09-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Yeah see, I don't get what that whole thing where it has Razma standing on a line of squares and you can place him on whichever square you want...I don't know what the purpose of that is. O_o

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Thats where you place ALL of your team.....ALL 4 OR 5 of them.

YOU GET like 4 OR 5 guys...... IF you arent sure how to place all five on the squares ask us here we are VERY HAPPY to help!!

NOT JUST RAMZA.....Hope you arent only playing with Ramza....

crono_logical
09-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Heh, I played that battle with Ramza on his own when I first played FFT, since I didn't know what the shoulder buttons did :p

Pancaek
09-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Also, once you press L1 and R1 to scroll through your characters, you have to press O to put them down. Press X to remove them from the battlefield. I don't remember exactly, but I think you can press O to partially lift a character off of the battlefield to put them somewhere else.

If in doubt, put your generic units in the best places first and then put Ramza wherever, because in many story battles Ramza has a set position, usually a little away from where you put the rest of your units.

DMKA
09-30-2003, 07:56 PM
So I have more characters than just Razma on the 2nd battle in the game? The only character I know of is Razma...

Also, do I get to control these other charaters oir do they fight by themselves (like that other guy)?

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 08:43 PM
You will control every member of your party that you put on the battle field from here on out. The only exception is guests in your party. Delita is one of those guests in the second battle, and you can't control him, just like you couldn't control any other characters at the beginning of the game.

DMKA
10-01-2003, 06:06 AM
But should there be more people fighting with me besides Delita?

twobitmage
10-01-2003, 09:13 AM
YES

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Here's a screen shot to help.
http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/fft.jpg</src>
You will see on the left side towards the bottom of the screen that you can put up to five units on the field, "Capacity:5 " and that you don't have any units placed yet: "Remaning: 5". Everytime you put a unit on the field you will see the "Remaining: X" count drop by one. Use the "L1" and "R1" buttons, as signified onthe top left and right corners of the screen, to move through the available troops. When you come across a troop that you want to place, Press "X" to place the troop on the grid. Make sure that your cursor is over a vacant space, or you will replace the existing troop.

Hope this helps.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-01-2003, 02:48 PM
When you see that screen Push the L or R buttons to see the Other Characters.

You should have about 6 or 7 other characters besides Ramza.

DMKA
10-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Ok, that was my problem...all this time I didn't know I was supposed to press L1/R1 :p

Edgar
10-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Btw, kill Delita. He gives the other side exp when you can get it yourself (by killing him :P). Moreover, he steals exp from your party.

The only time when I found the formation thing useful is when your team starts with poison stats on them (the poison bomb). Just use stigma (sp?) Magic (monk's ability) and all will be cured. Monk must be at middle btw.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Slow down....he doesnt need to worry about Delita stealing his Exp right away.....If he can get past this battle that would be the next goal maybey......

Or maybey save that till next time through the game.....

Pancaek
10-09-2003, 04:00 AM
In fact, you don't need to worry about the guests stealing your experience at all. They can't participate in random battles, so if you do find that they're getting too powerful for their own good, you can just do some random battles until you're as strong as they are.

Dignified Pauper
10-11-2003, 02:20 AM
haha, i remember having this problem, then i hit L1 and saw someone new, i felt like an idiot...

Red
10-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Indelacio
haha, i remember having this problem, then i hit L1 and saw someone new, i felt like an idiot...
Took the words right out of my...uh...keyboard.

How did you beat the first battle with only Ramza and Delita??

DMKA
10-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Ok well now I'm on the first battle in the game with Black Mages participaing, and I keep dying >_< Them and their damn fire.

Pancaek
10-11-2003, 10:59 PM
I recommend moving all your guys up to the archer on top of the tall building. Delita and Algus would get him in 5 turns or so, but that'll still be 5 turns where he could possibly kill some of your guys. If you're up there it'll take longer for the guys down below to get to you. After the archer on top is killed, you can pick everyone else off from above with your ranged attackers, or surround them one by one with your melee attackers.

Fun Fact: When anyone's charging (they have the C by their head), they take 50% more physical damage, so take advantage of that.

The last time I fought the Dorter battle was with my Mediator SCC, so if what I posted works for a challenge like that, it should work for a regular party.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 09:50 PM
And don't feel too dumb, I did the same thing at the beginning the first time I played. And I had a hard time with the same battle.

What I do is keep a Wizard towards the right of everybody, then move him up to the little platform, and you should be able to get both the knight and the one mage with a spell. You have to be careful that the wizard is at full HP though, because that damn archer likes to snipe him to begin.

Edgar
11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
It's Gariland right? Lol, bring back memories...

Enoki
11-17-2003, 11:47 PM
I did the exact same thing, I only used ramza for like 4 fights then finally found out that i had other characters. HAHA i felt so stupid but now i dont feel so bad...

Edgar
11-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Next time, use tutorials :D

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 02:11 AM
yup! Tutorials are useful!! Tought me how the Geomancy works!:D... but I don't think anyone should worry about Geomany. Ah well, I tip for the battle: Pick off at all the archers first, than the mages and lastly, concentrate all the attacks at the knight! Remeber to stock up on the supply of potions, pheonix downs and if possible by the moment hi-potions. Have an army of monks and chemists in the battle, too!

(BTW, I am new here, if you are wondering why a no body just popped up in the conversation...heh heh...:D)

DeBlayde
12-08-2003, 08:54 AM
BTW Kill Delita. :D

after playing the game through a couple times, I started doing that anyways, just because Delita's a b@$tard.

*note* for easy exp, advance everybody's squire skill till they get accumulate and get Ramza's Yell skill. then pick any battle, kill all but one opponent and leave the survivor close to dead, then find a corner, camp out, and cast accumulate over and over and over and ... well you get the idea.

Edgar
12-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Geomancers....ah, now I remember what they are! Explains what I left out in my simplified BM.

Never powerlevel, bad for health!