PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy commercials?

Fredde
09-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Has there ever been any commercials like the awesome, intense Legend of Zelda commercial (http://www.thenerdpage.com/Files/zeldacommercial.mpg) for final fantasy?

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Not of that caliber.

The first time a Final Fantasy was advertised on TV in the US was for FFVII. I remember that FFVI(FFIII back then) had a lot of ads in gaming magazines. And I don't remember if FFIV(FFII back then) or FFI had any type of advertising at all.

black orb
09-30-2003, 02:35 AM
>>> Man that commercial is the most hilarious thing Ive seen..:D
In that time Square was nothing compared with Nintendo, if Im not wrong FF1 was the last Square`s attempt for save the company. so I doubt they had his own commercial in US..

Mr. Graves
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
The first actual FF Commercial I've seen was for FF10. Just to show how much I watch TV.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2003, 03:11 AM
FFVI (III in America) had a really neat commercial involving Mog interviewing monsters... I miss that.

SpikingZero
10-01-2003, 01:29 AM
I remember seeing commercials for FFVII and a few short ones for FFIX. But Square doesn't need to make commercials for their games; they sell particularly well.

I'm sure Japan gets a lot of them, though.

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Japan gets a lot, especially FF/Coca Cola ad campaigns...

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
FFVI (III in America) had a really neat commercial involving Mog interviewing monsters... I miss that.
I thought that commercial only came out in Japan but I remember it now. Good catch.

Flare_Star
10-02-2003, 06:59 PM
there was one for ff9 but it was mainly an advert for coca cola with just the ff cahracters in it

Fiero Firestorm
10-05-2003, 11:54 PM
I saw one for FF8 a few years ago.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by The Dude
And I don't remember if FFIV(FFII back then) or FFI had any type of advertising at all. The magazine ad for FFIV had two menacing dragon claws tearing through a red background and reaching outward at the reader. Above them, the text read, "OGOPOGO LIVES," and below, it read, "WILL YOU?"

Pretty weird, really, considering Tidaliathan (Ogopogo) isn't a pivotal enemy in the game, or even the most difficult optional boss.

Azeroth
10-26-2003, 01:02 AM
I think I remember a FFVIII one in the uk. I certainly remember the bilboards in the uk.
SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
Had Squall lunging forward to escape the machine in Dollet and had the caption:
"You'll get over it...someday."

Xander
10-26-2003, 11:07 AM
I've never seen any FF adverts here in the UK (on TV), but as Azeroth said there was probably an FFVIII one but I wasn't into it back when it came out so I probably wouldn't have noticed ^^

The only advert for FFX I've seen is that in magazines, which has a picture of Yuna and says "To save the world even she needs your help". Anyone else seen that one?

And there's no billboards round where I live :p

Breine
10-27-2003, 09:12 AM
I've seen one for FFX on MTV...