PDA

View Full Version : Da mostest useful spell in the whoooollllle wiiiiiiiiiide wooooooooooooooorld.

GenjiLeisureSuit
09-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Ultima?

Yes, but NO.

Flare?

Harumph. Not even as good as Ultima.

Cure 3?

Damn fine, but no.

Life 2?

You're getting close, but still no cigar.

Quick?

*snore*

C'mon people, the best spell in the whole game is.... OSMOSE!

That spell was a LIFESAVER in the Final Battle. I only wish I had all my characters learn it before. The best part is, compared to the other FF's, you get it WAAY too early, and it's uber-powerful (usually).

(Of course, I'm a little biased due to the fact that I forgot to stock up on ethers before Kefka's tower. But still, dude.)

Flying Mullet
09-29-2003, 11:36 PM
I've only found Osmose really useful on the floating continent. Those enemies that look like they're coming out of the ground(I don't remember their name) can be killed by one hit from Osmose, plus you regain 350ish magic points.

GenjiLeisureSuit
09-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Well, see, I never got the Economizer. So when you're blasting off 15 shots of Ultima at 40 MP a pop, Osmose is gonna start looking better... and better...

Outsider
09-30-2003, 03:55 AM
Osmose is good in the Fanatics Tower... Since I had only one Economizer, that is.

Atma Weapon
09-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Osmose works well with drain too. Osmose gives you MP for drain, drain gives you more HP and therefore more time to cast Osmose. If you only use those two spells(with an occasional life 2 or remedy for status or instant kills) then you can end every battle with nearly full MP and full HP.:mog:

MagicKnight Locke
09-30-2003, 01:28 PM
how about either use gembox&economizer&quick and kill kefka in 1-3 turns
Or use offering-high hp Atma weapons-genji glove and kill kefka in 1-3 turns

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
Except this thread is about Osmose, not about powerful ways to kill Kefka.

i90east
10-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Yes I always use osmose. Without using economizers and gold hairpins, that leaves your relic slots open for more useful things like cure rings.

Storm
10-01-2003, 07:00 AM
This is out of content, but in your harder version of FF6 io90east, could you please change the music in Narshe in the WOR back to the original Narshe music in the WOB? I can't stand that World of Ruin music being played in Narshe.....it's terribly depressing.

As for best spell, I would have to say Ice2 at this point in my game. I'm playing through using no espers, and Celes finally learned it. It does quite a bit more damage than ice, needless to say!

i90east
10-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Storm, unfortunately I don't think I can do that with the tools that I have. If I find a way then I'll do it.

Ranti
10-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Osmose was a good spell, never had the patience to kill bosses with it or anthing *cough cult tower cough* but for me life3 was da bomb! I was able to beat a ton of parts with that spell, but only terra had it. Against magimaster, 3 party members had wall rings, Terra had minerva and aegis shield (and something else that made her virtually impervious to magic)...well, long story short, Life3 saved my arse in that battle because after the boss did the ultima blast *revive sound* up popped Terra since she was the only one who could have it on! So yeah, Life3 was my most useful spell in that effect.

Daryl
10-14-2003, 12:04 PM
I thought all the spells you listed in the first post of this thread (except flare) were very useful, myself.

Advent Child
10-14-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
or you could take the atma weapon and throw it at him and kill him in one turn..

And you're right, osmose is really cool.

The Man
10-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Advent Child
or you could take the atma weapon and throw it at him and kill him in one turn. I'm pretty sure that's just a rumour; I think the Atma Weapon damages him just as much as any other weapon - i.e. 9999 HP tops.

Osmose was insanely useful, yes. Probably my favourite spell in the game. And there's so many pathetically easy ways to kill Kefka that it's almost overkill to discuss it.

i90east
10-17-2003, 02:52 AM
Yeah there's a rumor that if you throw a powerful sword at Kefka, it'll say "too much damage to count" and Kefka will die. I'm sure that's been proven false by now.

Advent Child
10-18-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Deathjester
I'm pretty sure that's just a rumour; I think the Atma Weapon damages him just as much as any other weapon - i.e. 9999 HP tops.
Ah, well I just read it somewhere and never bothered to try it. You're probably right.

Atma Weapon
10-19-2003, 04:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that shadow can't throw the Atma Weapon at all.