PDA

View Full Version : question about killing weapons with out kotr or mime materia

Yrkoon
09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
about 3 years ago i first started playing ff7 and for some reason i never done any of the hidden stuff since my freind had a save point on his memory card with all the weapons beaten ect (the card was at my house)

i just recently got the pc version i got to northern cave in 28 hours and trained up my materia and got a golden chocobo then i killed ruby weapon and emerald (game clock says 55 hours after just after i kill both weapons :P) with just cloud using kotr+hp absorb and w-summon and mime at it felt kind of cheap the only challenge was having enough patience to watch knights of the round over an over again....

i was just wondering if i got all my characters core stats up to 255 would it be possible to use convential mehtods to kill em with out using summons ect?

<-- made sure i kept a save point before i killed the weapons with cheap tactic :P

ps is it possible to mime a limit break?

wax
09-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Editied because i was wrong

No, you can't mimic a limit break <-- wrong
You can't mimic someone else's limit break <-- right

You might be able to do it if you get cloud's limit break up, but only hit ruby when all of the eyes are dead. Then repeat it about 3 times, that may do it, but i'm just speculating. It would take a lot of megalixers (which I think blue dragons in north crater drop) and some kind of offensive item that hits multiple targets (like stardust).

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 11:09 PM
A 4x Cut would definitely be helpful in those battles.

Yrkoon
09-30-2003, 11:22 PM
thnx for ur help guys i tried clouds omnislash in battle arena and it works with mimic command (cloud using mimic)

my main question is... is it possible to kill emerald and ruby if i have all my stats at 255? eg not having to mimic kotr ect...

ya i got 4x cut ability :)

im just not wanting to stat max my guys stats to 255 to find out i wasted my time :)

Flying Mullet
09-30-2003, 11:36 PM
I doubt you'd need them that high. But when all else fails, play the game and find out.

Advent Child
10-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by wax
No, you can't mimic a limit break
I believe you can. Only with the person who normally does it though. I think.

Anyways it's not that hard just quadcast demi.

Yrkoon
10-01-2003, 12:33 AM
demi works on ruby and emerald????

Advent Child
10-01-2003, 12:41 AM
at least emerald I think.

NM
10-01-2003, 12:58 AM
I think you'd struggle to do it with just normal attacks.

You'd need a 4xcut for every character as well as a mastered final attack linked with full life, again on all 3 characters to stand a chance, imo.

Advent Child
10-01-2003, 01:09 AM
or
1. 14 mastered counter-attacks, 1 mastered cover, and 1 mastered 4x cut
2. Final attack - Full Life
3. Cure/Protect/Shell Magic

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by lj
14 mastered counter-attacks
On the counter-attack, a side question. If you link two summons to two counter-attacks, will you cast both of them? Or do the materia linked to the counter-attack have to be able to work together in the same single counter-attack?

Advent Child
10-02-2003, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure, I use counter-attack (as in counter with a regular attack) not counter (as in counter with a spell.)

Counterattacks do stack though.