PDA

View Full Version : support ideas

xlennyx
10-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Ya...im planning on running a mithra thief ....does anyone have any good suggestions for a secondary job for me...(not a mage)...........

on another note....my friend and i are looking for a few more people to join up with us on quests/missions etc..........email me at Leafs12@aol.com if your intersted

Jeristo
10-01-2003, 07:30 AM
Ninja!!! Gotta love the ninja. Not only that, but it does complement the thief job pretty well....or so it seems anyway. The only problem is it's an advanced job.

I also like the ranger job as a sub. It looks like a pretty good combo to have with theif, though this one is an advanced job as well...

If you're looking for another starting class as a sub job, I can't really help there, but then I have to ask if you really need a sub job. Is there anything wrong with sticking to just one job, at least until level 30? (This question is for people in general, not just for xlennyx)

Lionx
10-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Lets say gettin any sub will boost your stats. And sometimes people prefer the orig jobs compared to the new adv ones. Its up to you, all of them work well.

Grand Lethal
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, pretty much choose any sub job.. it'll help your stats... I'd say because you are weak Melee maybe go with Monk. As a theif you probably won't be provoking, so monk attributes would probably be your best bet. Then once you get into advanced jobs, go with Ninja or Ranger, probably best overall combos there. Play around though, I though mage classes would suck, but I love my WHM and now that I have gotten DRK I know that that is the path I wil take in Retail eventually. I thought I would really like monk, but as it turns out I hate it (at east as a Taru).

Side note: I have searched many times while playing and I appear to be the only one actively playing a Taru DRK :)

CloudS_1
10-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Grand Lethal
Side note: I have searched many times while playing and I appear to be the only one actively playing a Taru DRK :)

That makes sense, b/c most people who want to be physically strong and use jobs similar to a DRK would probably be a Galka or Hume. I'm sure that we'll see more of them in the game.

Jeristo
10-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Okay, I know that taking a sub job will still boost stats, but unless you want to boost stats other that those your main job boosts, is it better to go for a sub job or spend the time you would have on the sub job, instead on your main job? I would think that that would be more beneficial.

So I would think that until you find something worthwhile that you want as a sub job, you should wait until you can get it....that is if it's an advanced job...

...this is all just theory though...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-03-2003, 01:10 AM
my goal is a Hume DRK with Paladin as my Sub......

But since Paladin is an advanced job it will take me awhile to get to that point.

xlennyx
10-03-2003, 01:39 AM
no one asked you what yours was gonna be

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-03-2003, 02:15 AM
No one asked YOU either.

Spatvark
10-03-2003, 02:23 AM
No one said you could start attacking each other now, did they? Cut it out you two...

Valarm
10-03-2003, 03:24 AM
on another note....my friend and i are looking for a few more people to join up with us on quests/missions etc..........

Are you talking about the beta or after the release.

xlennyx
10-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Spatvark....I dont like you...shut the :skull::skull::skull::skull: up.....

Valarm...the after release.Oct 28.......thankyou for replying

xlennyx
10-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Nakor the Blue Rider....first of all.....its my post...so shut the hell up.....dont respond to my post telling me you dont want to hear what i have to say...if u didnt want to hear..you wouldnt respond to me..much less read what i have to say...you stupid *snip* ra.....get the *snip* out of here...(i cant say the F word or else i get those :skull::skull::skull::skull:ing skulls in my way).............

Nakor .... YOU SUCK

Dear oh dear oh dear.
~ Big D

Lionx
10-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Ah insulting a member and mod...ur definetly banned...

Sub a ninja or a monk, thats good enough for me.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Yes Ninja's are an Excelent Sub for a Thief (I hear...)

AH haha Banned!!....LOL

Jeristo
10-03-2003, 08:00 PM
AH haha Banned!!....LOL
Well, would have never guessed that would happen. lol!:rolleyes2

I do like the idea of dark knight/paladin Nakor. I was considering that myself for one of my characters. Though considering the effort that will take, I'm probably gonna hold off for a while. I'm gonna have to go through enough work going for my thief/ninja/ranger and black mage/summoner, so I don't even want to consider another character just yet.:D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-04-2003, 10:00 AM
I love it When Jerks get Banned!!! (Except ME!!)

Yah I figure I'll start out Warrior then go Warrior/Mnk then go Drk Knight/Warrior far a while till I get Paladin.

It will probly be a lot of work but I only plan to have One Char for the first few months so that makes it simpler.

Plus Since I am in the WLA I am Gaurantied a Party as long as there are WLA members on-line so I dont have to worry about weither People think my char is Party worthy.

Valarm
10-05-2003, 04:34 AM
Even if there not you wouldn't have a problem at all even at low levels I have been asked to join partys even if I didn't have my character set up as a player looking for one to join. Plus you know you and anyone eles would be welcomed to come and TANK for us. LOL...

Lionx
10-05-2003, 04:49 AM
There are reletively little people in beta and at lower lvls an ideal party isnt needed as much as say 20+. So with the little ammount of ppl, you have to take what you can get, in retail, there will be tons more and you will be passed up.

Grand Lethal
10-05-2003, 06:51 AM
*is playing Playing DRK/PLD right now.. not all that great really*
the WLA will be amazing! I can't wait to play retail.

Rostum
10-05-2003, 07:07 AM
The WLA will have alot of variety. ^_^

Me, I'll end up being along the lines of a Theif / Ninja. Starting off as a Warrior, and working my way up.

SubMatrix
10-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm probably going to go red mage/white mage to begin with and then be some combination of bard/red mage/white mage. So yeah, that's all =).

Leighton

Jeristo
10-05-2003, 06:20 PM
*is playing Playing DRK/PLD right now.. not all that great really*
So disappointing! Well, can't say I won't be trying it out anyway. :D Though maybe I'll have to switch to either Dragoon/Dark knight or Dragoon/Paladin.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Grand Lethal your Dashing all my hopes of being the supreme warrior as a DRK/PLDN

Hey would a DRK/Samauri OR Samauri/DRK be any good?