PDA

View Full Version : The Paladin Ring

LingaringBell
10-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Hey,
I saw in the rumors sections that you guys are still wondering about the Paladin Ring. Now I was told by Nintendo Power many many years ago that the Paladin Ring works the same way as the Paladin Shield, just wear the Ring for a bunch of battles, probably the same 255, and it will turn into the Paladin Ring. However, now you have sparked my interest, and I think, when I get the chance, I will test it out. For any of you who don't know where to get the Cursed Ring in the first place, go to the coloseum and bet either the Cursed Shield or the Paladin Shield.

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 02:00 AM
I've already tested it. There is no paladin ring.

Atma Weapon
10-01-2003, 02:52 AM
well... this has been an interesting thread lol. Someone's probally going to come close it now.

Outsider
10-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I've already tested it. There is no paladin ring.

Congratulations... I only had the patience to uncurse the Cursed Shield once, so I never even thought about Paladin ring...

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Outsider
Congratulations... I only had the patience to uncurse the Cursed Shield once, so I never even thought about Paladin ring...

I was bored, and I used the 'fast' button on the rom. Didnt take long to get well over 255 battles.

i90east
10-01-2003, 03:41 AM
The Paladin Ring doesn't exist in the rom.

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 03:45 AM
It doesnt exist, period. Feel free to do the same in the cart, and you still wont get it. I dont see why it wouldnt be in the rom if it was in the original cart. That makes no sense.

Atma Weapon
10-01-2003, 03:59 AM
I second the opinion(fact) that there is no paladin ring. On a related note, could the Paladin Ring be your secret relic in your hacked rom i90east?

m4tt
10-01-2003, 04:48 AM
The Paladin Ring does not exist, period. Unless it's a hacked up rom.

i90east
10-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Abominatrix, what I'm saying is that it doesn't exist in the rom, therfore it's not in the game at all. The rom is the same thing as what's in the cart. You gotta make the connection.

Atma Weapon, I can't make it so that a paladin ring comes from uncursing the cursed ring unless I changed the hero ring. If I changed the hero ring to be a paladin ring, then you'd be able to easily get multiple paladin rings. By changing the rename card to a secret relic, I can make it hard to get, as it's only found in the colloseum. The secret relic I'm doing is a "ring", and does function in the way a paladin ring might... if it existed.

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 07:54 AM
I'm well aware that the cart and the rom are the same, hence why I said so earlier. The point is, why would you say it didnt exist in the rom? That's implying that it exists elsewhere. Saying it doesnt exist means it doesnt exist, saying it doesnt exist in a certain place implies that it exists elsewhere. And since I tested in the rom and said so, it's obvious it's not there, so it seemed like you were saying it was in the cart.

i90east
10-01-2003, 09:10 PM
saying it doesnt exist in a certain place implies that it exists elsewhere

Only if you interpret it that way. Knowing that we only have internal access to the rom, and knowing that the rom is the same as the cart, stating that the ring doesn't exist in the rom makes it conclusive that it doesn't exist in the cart. Without making those connections, the statement can be interpreted in the wrong way which you have shown. But anyway, let's move on shall we?

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by i90east
Only if you interpret it that way.

And obviously I did, which is why I explained myself.

The Man
10-02-2003, 05:15 PM
This thread sucks.

LingaringBell
10-02-2003, 05:41 PM
children, children i never meant for a fight to break out, lets all work and play nice with others

m4tt
10-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Deathjester
This thread sucks.

Now was that really needed? Don't do that again.

robfinalfantasy
11-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I have no doubt that the Paladin Ring doesn't exist, but has anyone actually uncursed the Cursed Ring and gotten the Hero Ring? Please no "stories" about your friend's friend uncursing it and getting the Hero Ring.

TheAbominatrix
11-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Nope. I've worked the cursed ring for a long time and havent gotten jack, so it's probably a rumor.

i90east
11-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah it is. Many FF6 documents state this.

MagicKnight Locke
11-08-2003, 12:37 PM
i once saw a ff6 mod,had the paladin ring against the offering.Cant remember what the paladin ring had to do though.
Besides,why need both.We already have the paladin shield

i90east
11-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Because we don't need the Offering. I have a Paladin Ring in my version. It's basically a stat booster and offers protection from certain magic elements. It invites a more strategical gameplay, putting together a combination of equipment that makes a certain character nearly invulnerable to magic attacks. However ultimate magic, doom magic and physical attacks can still do great damage.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 02:40 AM
You don't have to do anything to get a Hero Ring, it's nothing too special. Hell, you can get one early in the game, in Sabin's Scenario. All it does is increase physical damage (like the Atlas Armlet) and magical damage.