PDA

View Full Version : Is it pronounced seed or CD

Sephiroth2088
10-01-2003, 03:24 AM
Is seeD pronounced seed or CD

TheAbominatrix
10-01-2003, 03:30 AM
SeeD, for the obvious connection with 'Garden', and Squall's comments about SeeD's purpose being to spread flowers all over the world.

ShivaBlizzard8
10-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Although most gamers agree that it was meant to be pronounced "seed," most choose to pronouced however they'd like. Personally, I think seed makes more sense and completely believe that is how it was meant to be said. However, I have always pronounced it aloud as CD, and, being lazy, shall continue to do so. :)

zacks_clone
10-03-2003, 01:09 AM
iv always said seed...though i never got why there was always a capatal D

Reina
10-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Seeeeeed. (it's cheesier to hold the 'e' as long as possible)

Thinking about SeeD and the capital 'D' at the end, maybe it's an acronym... each letter stands for something, and the D refers to a persons' name or a place... not put any thought into this yet- may boot up FF8 (yes I still say 'boot up') and do a little research...

On second thoughts maybe it was designed so that people would think it's a acronym and spend ages trying to work out what to no avail, going in endless circles, and they're there- in the Square offices- laughing...

zacks_clone
10-04-2003, 02:39 AM
the second idea sounds....horrid:D

Big D
10-04-2003, 10:00 AM
'SeeD' just looks more distinctive than 'Seed', which sadly also has some unfortunate sexual connotation which have no place in a game with a young adolescent cast. 'SeeD' is more like a company name or logo, thereby causing less confusion.

Oh, it's pronounced 'Seed', not CD. In the Japanese version, there's a mildly lame 'in-joke' because the Japanes rendering of 'seed' and 'Cid' are pronounced the same.

eternalshiva
10-04-2003, 03:45 PM
That makes the most sense actually, it seems that most inside jokes in Japanese are badly translated so, things like that don;t make sense to us >.<

blue_midget192
10-04-2003, 06:16 PM
yea iv always said seed cos of the whole garden thing and thought it was very corny. but i always say things wrong. :(

Hell's Judgement
10-06-2003, 09:41 PM
I think CD sounds crap, I've always said Seed

Dunno what the deal is with the Capital "D"

There must be a connection to the Garden Theme

TogiB
10-07-2003, 08:04 PM
well, it is kind of interesting that reina brought up the possibility of it being an acronym. i was just messing around with the thought, and i thought maybe SeeD could stand for something. this is what i got
Sorcerress
Efficiency
Ellimination
Department

Please give me your thoughts, i really would like to know why the S and D are in caps,though...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
I always said Seed but thought CD in my head as I said it.....;) :p :whoa: :eek: :rolleyes2

MJN SEIFER
10-12-2003, 09:30 PM
It's "Seed"! cause that makes more sense (Remember Balam "Garden"?)

Oh and if It was "CD" It would just seam weird take Ultimecia's speach at the end:

Ultimecia: CD! CD! CD! CD! CD! CD! CD! CD! Kurse every CD!!

Big D
10-13-2003, 03:53 AM
...not to mention Edea's statement about "a CD... planted in a run-down Garden..."

Rostum
10-13-2003, 12:41 PM
As many other people have noted, I have also pronounced it as 'seed'; as in the kind of seed you plant in the ground.

Cloudane
10-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Seed, chocc-o-boh, tide-uss... to heck with the official pronunciations, at least with the last two.

As for SeeD as in CD as in "seedy": Seedy is another word for squalid, which is kind of amusing.

adj. seed·y, Somewhat disreputable; squalid: a seedy hotel in a run-down neighborhood. - dictionary.com