PDA

View Full Version : More sidequests

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 02:07 PM
The one thing that I find FFX lacking is sidequests. There were a few, but it seemed that the monster arena and blitzball were supposed to make up for the lack of sidequests, which I feel were cheap replacements.

One idea to flesh the game out a little more is that you could have gone on a sidequest for one rare monster(like a boss) in each of the areas to fill up the list of monsters(and killing it would give you ten of that monster).

What sidequest(s) would you have added to FFX?

PhoenixAsh
10-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Lack of sidequests??? X had loads! Too many! All hideous abominations of what fun is! With the exception possibly of Yuna's each celestial weapon was a complete nightmare of pointless frustrating mini-games.
Blitzball would have been great in an earlier game. But with X they seemed to be showing off that they weren't aiming for fun. Why design a specifically underwater sport out of the blue if you're going to play in a 2D environment?
I've wrote pages on this in older threads so I won't repeat anymore conspiracy theories of mine in here :).

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
I mean quest in the true sense of the word. Dodging lightning bolts 200 times in a row is not a quest, while retracing your steps to make sure you got all of the hidden treasures and then doing the Tetris-style puzzle so that you can get to the temple and get Anima is. FFX seemed to have a lot of things to do, but not many quests in the traditional sense. I think that it would have been fun to do some sort of adventure in each area to fight some secret boss for the last monster at the coliseum.

Radje
10-01-2003, 09:22 PM
You've got a pont Mullet (The dude just doesn't go ^.^)

Still, i always found FFX to be better in the main quest. It wasn't a game for side quests i guess.

Xander
10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
I would have liked some sorta Gold Saucer place like in FFVII, but with even more mini games. Mind you I guess you would call that more of a mini game than a sidequest.

The best sidequest imo in X was definately the Monster Arena, if you can call that a sidequest (I would) it was pretty challenging and time consuming but I also found it fun and it had some very good rewards.

As for an actual sidequest I'm not sure, maybe something to do with chocobos or mogs would be fun. How about breeding mogs we haven't had that yet, lol. :love: