PDA

View Full Version : FFVI-VIII

Sefie1999AD
10-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Which one out of FF6, FF7 and FF8 do you like best, and why? Vote for it.

I'll state my opinion and explain it later. I've got a math exam tomorrow, so right now, I'm busy studying.

Kindo
10-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Erm, another of these polls? What purpose does this one serve?

Flying Mullet
10-01-2003, 05:05 PM
FFVI.

I like the knights and dragons feel to it. This is also the last of the Final Fantasies to have a simple "A bad guy is ruinging the world, go kill him" plot without all of the psycho-babble. I know that some people like all of the analysis that you can do on a game, bt I think that it takes away from the general fun of the game. Plus I didn't like the futuristic feel of VII and VIII as much.

I know, I'm old fashioned when it comes to my Final Fantasy opinions.

Sefie1999AD
10-01-2003, 05:06 PM
I originally thought this one was going to be just FF6 vs. FF7 because they seem to be really popular. Dunno why I added FF8, really. Although it's disliked by many, there's still many people who really like it, so it may be one choice here, I guess. If you hadn't posted, I would have deleted this thread and made one with only FF6 and FF7 involved.

Cz
10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
FFVI. It has a great battle system, fantastic sprite-based graphics and a simple, yet engrossing story.

Plus, I can't say I really disliked any of the characters. All of them had redeeming features, and therefore felt like a true band of heroes to me.

Outsider
10-01-2003, 07:49 PM
FF6, of course. The others can't even get closer to it.

Sefie1999AD
10-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The Dude
I know that some people like all of the analysis that you can do on a game, bt I think that it takes away from the general fun of the game.

*SPOILERS*

I think analyzing the game is a great fun, and I think FF6 really has deep themes to analyze. Terra's quest for what love is was great and didn't turn out into some cheesy love story that might have happened. Locke and Cyan are trying to get over the sorrow they have for losing someone (and Locke also has the guilt of not being able to save Rachel). Edgar and Sabin have their brotherhood thing, many of Setzer's actions with the airship are related to Daryl's death during their airship race etc. So there's plenty of things to analyze in FF6. :p

EDIT: I'm (positively) surprised that FF6's doing well on this poll, and that it's leading at the moment. Keep voting, people. :)

i90east
10-01-2003, 11:39 PM
FFVI. You can find my long analysis here (contains spoilers):

http://www.fflegend.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12957&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I don't wanna have to explain why FFVI is the best every time someone starts a thread of this nature.

Advent Child
10-02-2003, 04:31 AM
I think I'll annoy FFVII Nazis and Classic Gaming Nazis.

FINAL FANTASY VIII!11/

Adrian Mutu
10-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Final Fantasy VIII. Am I in the minority? :p
I did enjoy VI a lot, but VIII will always be the most special to me.

Strider
10-03-2003, 06:54 PM
FFVI, of course.

Mr. Graves
10-03-2003, 10:17 PM
FF7. It has that cryptic plot thing going on.

NM
10-03-2003, 10:36 PM
FFVII gets my vote. It was the first FF game I ever played and i'm still playing it 5 years after it's release.

The storys good and the battle systems faultless imo.

Jebus
10-04-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm going with VI here, I just got into its story better than VII or VIII, although VII is a clsoe second. Also, despite what most people said about VIII, I enjoyed what I've played of it, so many people hate it, IX and X, I didn't hate any of them, but thats just me.

Sorry for rambling there at the end.