PDA

View Full Version : Most Dissapointing Final Boss?

Rase
10-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Go at it.

Advent Child
10-02-2003, 04:28 AM
umm... that should be "Ultimecia"

EDIT: Necron was the most disappointing.

Rase
10-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by lj
umm... that should be "Ultimecia".

Same diff :D

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Ultimecia Artimecia or Altermecia There all the same to me DPC probably has a diferent translated game to you.

Oh You should have included Yu Yevon in the Poll Because he actualy revives you!!

I Swear!! He's Done an attack to kill you all and then

Whoooosh!

You have just been saved by your final enemy!!!

Kindo
10-02-2003, 03:32 PM
But s/he wasn't the final boss, was s/he?

Deathclaw
10-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I vote for sin- what kind of boss fight gives you auto-life? Anyone could wear it down, if a monkey with carple-tunnel

Sefie1999AD
10-02-2003, 04:15 PM
I have to say Sin and Yu Yevon. Everything about FFX's final battle disappointed me.

Female Ryuichi
10-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Necron and Sin.

Zifnab
10-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Well I voted for Sin, but now I wish I had voted for Zeromus.

Why? Yu Yevon was developed nicely. Sure the battle itself was somewhat lame (I believe the Yu Yevon auto-revive thing was to show that he really is neither good nor evil), but he was the most worshipped idol in the whole game. It just oozes amazing irony.
Necron was the most under developed boss. They could've gone loads better. But his appearance, dialogue and battle theme are all fairly decent, so he knudges up the ladder there.
Zeromus was just... eh. He has (slightly) more involvement with the main story at least, but his appearances were terrible. A purple bald man followed by what looks like a blue hedgehog that rubbed a steamroller the wrong way. And to top if off - a giant beetle (granted his Japanese appearance was far better looking).

i90east
10-02-2003, 09:05 PM
I think Kefka is the most dissapointing final boss. He's never challenging whether you train or not. There are stronger monsters than Kefka. When I first played through the game, I was looking forward to a good battle at the end. I didn't think I was strong enough to fight him yet, I was just experimenting by going into the tower. Not only did I beat him but he was easy too. That's dissapointment.

PhoenixAsh
10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Man, why do people keep saying the final FFX boss gave you auto-life? Did the final FFVII boss not attack you and gave you automatic Omnislash?

I'll say Necron because, well WTF???

SpikingZero
10-03-2003, 02:11 AM
For me, it would have to be Chaos. I kept reading on how he'll suddenly beat the living snot out of your party, yet I disposed of him rather quickly.

Vermachtnis
10-03-2003, 02:48 AM
Necron, where did he come from? He was kinda hard though, well I mean Final Cross was annoying

Cz
10-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Man, why do people keep saying the final FFX boss gave you auto-life? Did the final FFVII boss not attack you and gave you automatic Omnislash?

I guess Yu Yevon's more of a 'boss' than Sephiroth becuase it actually requires some work to beat. Sure, it's impossible to lose. But you've actually got to fight it, like you would any other monster. Sephiroth wasn't even a battle.

But really, I don't count Yu Yevon as FFX's final boss, in which case Necron is the worst.

MJN SEIFER
10-03-2003, 08:06 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Does nobody Lose to Frigging Sephiroth but ME?!

he DOES have Omnislash you know!!!!!!!

Kindo
10-03-2003, 10:02 PM

Bah, you guys are so frustrating. That very last Sephiroth isn't really "the final boss", it's just a symbolic fight going on inside Cloud's head. The real final boss is when he's that one-winged angel (Safer Sephiroth, if I remember correctly). I'm just so irritated that so many people still don't realize this.

sephiroth21
11-09-2003, 11:01 PM
i agree with kindo, the ending fight was defintly not a final boss battle. but sephiroth does attack you if you wait long enough but he only does 3,050hp of damage.

:chop:

robfinalfantasy
11-10-2003, 01:09 AM
I can't decide. It's a tie between Yu Yevon, Sephiroth, and Necron.

eternalshiva
11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Yu Yevon was so horribly disapointing... and Sin/that guy I might spoil it if I say his name. I killed it with my Aeons in two hits and then Yu Yevon with auto-life SUCKED. I was disapointed.

Masamune Monk
11-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Final Fantasy X is just irritating, Yu Yevon is the worst last boss which also icludes that Sin was also a stupid boss not too mention the Kuja clone Seymour(although there was a pretty tough Seymour fight on mt. Gagazet).
Lastly that Sephiroth thing at the end, if you do class that as a fight then yes i would agree that it was stupid but it wasn't really a fight it was more of a symbolic ending for Cloud.

I don't want anyone to answer this part but i have have to say it. If Yu Yevon is the returning last boss or somehow makes an appearance other than being spoken of in X-2 i will calmly eject then disc then snap it in half then burn it's cd case that it came in.

DocFrance
11-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Ultimecia, by far. When I made it to the fight with her, I really didn't feel like fighting her at all. She really hadn't done anything to make me want to fight her, unlike ExDeath, or Kefka, or Sephiroth, or Kuja. All she really did was "kompress time," and that didn't really seem to have much of an effect on the world aside from being annoying by closing up all the towns.

black orb
11-12-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by DocFrance
Ultimecia, by far. When I made it to the fight with her, I really didn't feel like fighting her at all.
>>> Same here..

Cloud_AA
11-12-2003, 06:31 AM
id have to say necron i was level 60 and kiked the crap outta him/her

razor248725
11-12-2003, 09:08 AM
the last battles of ffVII, they were pathetic, and just so...weak. and so i got a few of my characters up to lv.99 in hope that sephiroth (the one winged angel thing) would be harder but wasn't!! he seemed easier coz my characters were so strong. very dissappointing

sephiroth21
11-12-2003, 02:05 PM
what the f*** was up with yu yevon, its like oh great, im fighting this glob-floating-thinging with auto-life. square is more creative then this

:chop:
this
is
yu
yeven

Outsider
11-13-2003, 04:15 AM
I have to say Kefka... He was an awesome villain, and I hated that guy so much (even though I loved to hate him :D ) when I was about to finish it the first time that I wanted one hell of a fight, I was expecting something epic, something that would take a lot of time, some strategy, or even some luck.

And I defeated him in 4 attacks, or so...

Sephex
11-13-2003, 06:27 AM
Necron was like...."Um..dude, it's a mess up Yoda! WHHHHOOOOOAAA!!!"

SomethingBig
11-14-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Kindo
Bah, you guys are so frustrating. That very last Sephiroth isn't really "the final boss", it's just a symbolic fight going on inside Cloud's head. The real final boss is when he's that one-winged angel (Safer Sephiroth, if I remember correctly). I'm just so irritated that so many people still don't realize this.
Yes. The most disappointing final boss is, hands down, Yu Yevon.

sephiroth21
11-14-2003, 04:29 PM
go somethingbig!!!:D

PhoenixAsh
11-15-2003, 12:56 AM
*Bangs head on screen*

I can't believe people are actually discussing the final Sephiroth form as the last boss of VII. Then again I only came in to see if people were still trying to claim that Yu Yevon is the final FFX boss, turns out they are.

Rainecloud
11-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Sin. After all the buildup...it just looked like a giant turtle.

Pathetic.

Sasquatch
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Definitely Sephiroth. The entire game was a let-down, and Safer Sephiroth just topped it off.

Vaan
11-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Well, I haven't seen them all but from what I have seen Sephiroth was sadly too easy and Necron just came out of nowhere so that was pretty lame.

eternalshiva
11-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Vaan
Necron just came out of nowhere so that was pretty lame.

I agree with that. What was up with that? The entire game it's Kuja and the "Father" and then Necron pops out? I was wtf is that thing?

aeris2001
11-20-2003, 05:11 PM
necron represented the eternal darkness and ff9 proved 2 him that existence is pointless and needs 2 be destroyed. he is merely extending ff6 kefkas philosophy. i guess it would have been better if it just said GARLAND as his name.

JECHT is the last boss, not yu yevon. and he was still the most disapointing. a good boss though.

safer sephiroth was preety tough as a newbie. he killed me once and i only beat him cause of my ribbon after his super nova turned my other 2 into frogs. still easy now. and my fav.

kefka was absolutly amazing. bit easy, but the only enemy possibly harder then him was bracsaur when he uses ultima and disaster.

hey wasnt the auto life from the faith? i assumed that was one of the benefits of calling them.

Storm
11-21-2003, 05:55 AM
I've only played FF's 4,5,6,7,9, and 10, but here's what I think:

Most disappointing end boss in regards to their character:
(1 being the most disappointing, 5 being the best)
1. Necron
2. Exdeath(Neo Exdeath)
3. Zeromus
4. Jecht
5. Tie between Kefka and Sephiroth(Jenova)

Most disappointing end boss in regards to difficulty of the final battle: (I've rated this on how many times they killed me before I killed them once)
1. Kefka
2. Necron
3. Braska's Final Aeon
4. Safer Sephiroth
5. Zeromus
6. Neo Exdeath

Stayin Dizzy
11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Anyone who was disappointed in safer sephiroth obviously either A: put too much work into fighting him B: had a strategy guide or C: used gameshark. The first time through the game you can't possibly get every single item and materia and not spend ages doing it. I beat him on level 47 Cloud with Cid and Barret in my main party, no Mime, no KOTR, no Final Attack, no W-Summon, and no Neo-Bahumut (never got the passcode, that was a pisser, I thought I lost the game there!). THAT was the HARDEST FF battle for me. For some reason Dark Cloud ALMOST gave me a kickin my first time through. Ultmecia was a HUGE disappointment after all the guardians of my abilities beat the crud out of me, only for me to stomp her. And Zeromus was a cinch after edge stole dark matter.

Vaan
11-22-2003, 07:07 AM
The first time through the game you can't possibly get every single item and materia and not spend ages doing it.

Of course you can. I always try my best to finish as much of the game as I can before I complete it in order to get the most out of it. The chocobo sidequest really isn't that long-- On my first try it took me only about a week once I start it. I don't like to rush FF games 'cause I usually feel sorta empty when I finish them. I feel like "Now what am I supposed to do..?"

Stayin Dizzy
11-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Are you saying that you were level 99 with master: magic, summon, command materia, all support materia mastered, all independent materia mastered, all sidequests completed, and had beaten ruby, emerald, and ultimate weapon in the course of a week!? If you did, hats off! It took me forever to do all that! Or maybe you were saying the chocobo breeding took a week, but either way I felt it took me a long time to do all that, and I had beat the game for the first time probably 100 hours before I actually beat (conquered) the game

Vaan
11-24-2003, 02:37 AM
Oh god, no. I do NOT believe that is possible, and that's not really what I meant. I was just saying I got the golden chocobo in one week on my first try. You don't need EVERYTHING in order for battle with Sephiroth to be easy. He's pretty easy; you don't have to be in a god-like status.

Stayin Dizzy
11-24-2003, 02:36 PM
O I C:) Was confused there for a sec:confused:

eternalshiva
11-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Yu Yevon is technically the last boss but you have auto-life for some ungodly known reason... even though the aeons can actually kick your arse so bad you would never win the fight. *ponders* that's probably why but Yu Yevon is the final boss... cause he's the last boss. Jecht was PART of the last boss. he was posessed by Yu Yevon thus MAKING SIN. wOOt!

Storm
11-24-2003, 05:11 PM
I think we need to add a "vocabulary" section to Eyes on Final Fantasy, and define what we classify as a "final boss". :eek:

My definition of final boss includes:
-The final boss is capable of creating a "game over" for you. I realize with Yu Yevon you could cast break on all of your characters and end the game, but that doesn't count. The attack must be from the boss itself.
-A final boss requires some form of thought or strategy, either before the battle or in the battle, to defeat it. Selecting "Limit Break" and then "Omnislash" to kill Sephiroth in FF7 thus eliminates him from the category of being a final boss.

Stayin Dizzy
11-24-2003, 06:20 PM
I think that you're not understanding what we were discussing. SAFER SEPHIROTH and the final battle with Seph are two different things. SAFER Sephiroth is capable of giving you a game over. IE the long drawn out spell that sents a meteor crashing through all the planets. If Safer Sephiroth wasn't the last boss then who is? The OPTIONAL battles with Ruby and Emerald weapon? W/out being at a decently high level or having certain materias (and materia combinations) than that battle does require some strategy. Sounds like it meets your definition of last boss to me.

Storm
11-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ds4284
I think that you're not understanding what we were discussing. SAFER SEPHIROTH and the final battle with Seph are two different things. SAFER Sephiroth is capable of giving you a game over. IE the long drawn out spell that sents a meteor crashing through all the planets. If Safer Sephiroth wasn't the last boss then who is? The OPTIONAL battles with Ruby and Emerald weapon? W/out being at a decently high level or having certain materias (and materia combinations) than that battle does require some strategy. Sounds like it meets your definition of last boss to me.

I was refering to the 1 on 1 battle with Cloud vs Sephiroth, and explaining how that "form" of Sephiroth is NOT the final boss. Safer Sephiroth is the final boss of FF7, in my opinion, just as Braska's Final Aeon is the final boss of FFX. Is that cleared up?

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-27-2003, 07:35 AM
NECRON ABSOLUTELY DISSAPOINTING!!!

spoiler...

no involvement in the story

too easy

very unhappy about that

Azure
11-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Omni Legacy
Necron, where did he come from? He was kinda hard though, well I mean Final Cross was annoying

He just came out of nowhere. And his stupid Final Cross attack, which is so unbelievably unfair. But then again. he was quite easy to kill.
I guess it was beacuse Trance Kuja was very very easy :p

I voted Sin/Yu Yevon. Again with the auto life thing. It just takes thefear out of battle.