PDA

View Full Version : Ultros has Connections with the Empire?! (Spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Is It me or does Ultros The Octopus seem to have connections with the empire?

Look at these:

[list=1]
He First attacks When the empire are aproaching!
He could have attacked ANYONE at the opera (Most Logigaly Sabin or Edgar) But heads strait for Celes Perhaps cause she's a traitor?
On the Black Jack The empire attack and Hey Look! It's Ultros!!
The Guardian (One of the empires top Weapons) Has Ultros's battle Programe!
[/list=1]

Well?

TheAbominatrix
10-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I doubt it.

1. But he attacks from a different way. It's doubtful the Empire was aware of the Lete River escape route, especially since they'd just learned the whereabouts of the Returner hide out. If they knew Banon, Terra, and King Edgar (all of whom they wanted very badly) would have a back way out, they would have sent forces in that way.
2. Ultros is a coward. The easiest thing to do was to attack Celes. Attacking the others would be stupid, since he'd already been beaten up by them before. Attacking Celes was the best way to disrupt the Opera, as well. Something he expresses interest in doing.
3. Probably coincidence.
4. The Guardian has tons of different battle programs from non-Emperial monsters.

Zifnab
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
I think most of the true meaning of Ultros was cut out at the last minute (from what I've heard in the past). Ultros allied himself/was in competition with Ziegfried/Siegfried. During the third battle with Ultros he mentions his friend/rival concerning the small goddess statues he had found. If you notice the whole Zieg/Sieg aspect of the story makes little to no sense, especially the development of the fake version of him.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Ziegfried or what ever the smeg you call him has been awarded by me the Gold Medal Of "The Most Under Developed NPC" And I'm starting to think Ultros deserves 2nd place!!

The Man
10-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Pfft, Ultros was freakin' awesome. I do wish Ziegfried had been given more development, though.

I actually didn't know about what Jenova·Rebirth posted. Interesting stuff.

LingaringBell
10-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm, Square Soft, especially back in the day of FF6, has always been pretty good at tieing up it's loose ends, maybe there is a tidbit we have all missed somewhere. If that doesn't work, maybe we can try to tieing multiple Final Fantasy games together for a moment. Granted all of the Final Fantasy games are not at all simular in story, but if you noticed they are all usually loosely based around the same general themes and ancient characters. My memory is not working properly at this moment so you guys will have to help me, but I know that sieg/zieg shows up in other games. Also, sieg/zieg was actually an ancient swords man, i can't remember the details, but i know where to find out, so i will do some research.

m4tt
10-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
Ziegfried or what ever the smeg you call him has been awarded by me the Gold Medal Of "The Most Under Developed NPC" And I'm starting to think Ultros deserves 2nd place!!

Don't forget Bannon, since he just fell off the face of the earth and no one seemed to notice.

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Bannon is probably one of the most under developed PCs I mean he was the Leader of the resistants for petes sake!! they could have devoloped him a lot better and as M4tt said his Death (Asuming he did die) was't completly unnoticed the same aplies to Arvis! Gogo was pretty under devoloped too I think he was created at the last second!

Zifnab
10-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by m4tt
Don't forget Bannon, since he just fell off the face of the earth and no one seemed to notice.
...you're right, he did sorta just vanish *only just noticed*.
Eh, that's FFVI for you.

i90east
10-03-2003, 12:30 AM
yeah I forgot all about Bannon and the fact that he never shows up in the WoR. Well he was an old guy anyway, so his time had come :)

Siegfried could be Gogo's twin brother. Their sprites look similar, especially the eyes. Heh.

Atma Weapon
10-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Bannon and Gestahl are pretty much the same thing, so their really wasn't a need to further Bannons story. They were the leaders in a war, but Kefka ended the war by defeating the Empire. Kefka became the empire, so there was no longer a need for a emporer character. Once Kefka gained his *god-like* (snicker, I mean in the story line, not the gameplay) status, the puny resistance soldiers stood no chance against him. The only ones who could face him were Terra and Co. Therefore they became the resistence, making Bannon obsolete. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but I think that Gestahls death served to symbolize Bannon's death as well. As for Ultros, I believe he is a mercenary, and he gets employed by the empire, the colloseum, and Ziegfried throught the coarse of the game. I'm also pretty sure that Siegfried is the imposter Ziegfried, and Ziegfried is just a roaming warrior who wasn't meant to be developed. Sorta like ruby weapon from FF7 almost. I wouldn't criticize FF6 too much for it's character development though, anyone remember how FF4 used to kill off half-developed main characters when they were no longer useful?

LingaringBell
10-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, i don't believe that GoGo is really meant to ever be developed. For any of you who have played ff5 will remember the mimic ability within itself was kinda an ancient technique. GoGo is just kinda the embodiment of that mystery.

MJN SEIFER
10-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Atma is undevoloped and all

Atma: I Have had an ertenity to search for answers....and now I have finaly found my answer!!

Of course you Never find out his Question or Answers cause he dies to soon!!

And he really could have picked a better place than the TOILET For his final battle!!

Flying Mullet
10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by LingaringBell
Well, i don't believe that GoGo is really meant to ever be developed. For any of you who have played ff5 will remember the mimic ability within itself was kinda an ancient technique. GoGo is just kinda the embodiment of that mystery.
Gogo was never completely developed because Adlai Stevenson died before he could finish his work with the developers. :p

i90east
10-07-2003, 12:23 AM
And he really could have picked a better place than the TOILET For his final battle!!

lol! I guess Square couldn't find a better place for him.