PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Goug Machine City!

Liquid Glass
10-02-2003, 07:37 PM
I can't beat it! The theives always come over and slaughter my chemist, then the archers kill my archer, then my chocobo dies, then my 2 greatest characters get slaughtered about 15 turns after the rest of my characters are dead. Help!

ps. My party has 2 knights, (they are my greatest characters)1 archer, 1 chocobo, and 1 chemist.

pps: How can you make it so you can throw the item Fireball?

Zifnab
10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Sorry but I've forgotten that entire battle. I can help on the last part though.

Originally posted by Liquid Glass
pps: How can you make it so you can throw the item Fireball?
Throwing is a Ninja ability, only they can throw Fireballs.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Make em all Knights With Item As your Secondary...

Then......Stick together.....Dont spread out.....Then you can heal yourself and also you can team up on the enemies.

Liquid Glass
10-03-2003, 09:31 PM
thanks J-R for telling me about the ninja throw ability, Ill try that Nakor. Thanks

Soulstone
10-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Oh... God... I wouldn't normally help people with games, but since this game happens to be one of my favourites, of which I've completed umpteen times, I'll spread some wisdom on your... erm... toast. Yea, that's it.

Basically, you need to get your formation setup. You don't need a Chocobo for anything, since they're a waste of time. Get all of your characters "Auto Potion," straight off the bat. Another useful skill is "Teleport" since it enables you to warp at any height, and any distance. Obviously, the further away the place you want to move is... the less chance you have of it being successful.

Anyway, the best formation, I found, is to make Ramza (Your main character) a Squire, with it maxed out, and his second job skill as a Samurai. Obviously, change all of his abilities also, to match up with the giving criteria.

Chemists are important, and very useful. You'll most likely want to keep him in there, and don't change anything about him. Later on though, you may wish to make Mustadio a Chemist, learn all the skills, and change him back to a Mechanic with the Item ability, as well as Throw Item equipped. That way, you'll have a good medical character, as well as an attacker, when you manage to retrieve some of the magical guns later.

With that said, you could change the rest of the party into Knights, if you wanted. The rest doesn't really alter your chances of winning, unless you're too low of a level. Your best bet, in order to win, without question, is to set all of your characters to "Save Fading Life."

...that's normally a last resort though.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Since I didn't know exactly which battle he was on or if he was free to go Lv-Up I just gave General easy to use Ideas and Strats.

If he tells us what battle he is on and wheather or not he can go and Lv-Up I will Give a more Specific Strat.

Naos
10-05-2003, 07:04 AM
erm....looking at the title of a thread before reading it may help...

Pancaek
10-06-2003, 01:51 AM
At this stage of the game, it's not quite necessary to go all-out like Soulstone suggested. You don't really even need to change your party too much. Keep the Chocobo if you don't have any more humans that are any good, but otherwise replace it. The new human would be good as a chemist, priest, or maybe another archer. If you have enough money, buy Romanda Guns for your chemists.

The main thing to do in this battle is to stay spread out until you've killed the summoners. Don't keep more than 2 people near each other. Always keep moving towards the enemy, and take out the summoners first. After that, you can do pretty much whatever.

Liquid Glass
10-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Yeah Nakor, but I do have another file which I saved before saving mustidio, I wanted to see if my other choice would alter the story line. So I could go back to that.

The file I have now sorta sucks, I lost all the extra knights you get in the beginning of the chapter, well except 1 who I changed into a chemist.

Whenever I try to select "auto battle" a screen comes up and all of the things are grayed out except "Manual." So I don't know about that.

Ill try your guys' said guides to beating the battle, thanks.

Pancaek
10-08-2003, 04:51 AM
Even though all the auto-battle options are greyed out, you can still select them. Maybe they greyed them out to discourage people from using them.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-08-2003, 05:38 AM
I always thought they did that to show which ones were currently active.

But maybey they are discouraging you....LOL.....It is less fun to Auto-Battle.