PDA

View Full Version : Unsolved Mysteries (PosIbele Spoil-ers)

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2003, 08:28 PM
There are afew things I don't understand:

[list=1]
Why does a boy in Section5 (The one pretending to be a train) say he's going to Midgar when he's already there?
A monster Breaks out of the Reactor in Clouds storie but it doesn't show How Cloud and Sephiroth Beat it!
When The Tifa is isnthe Life Stream she suddenly Says "No! It wasn't ME!! I'd never do THAT!!"what is she being acused for?!
Why Does Nanaki (I use his proper name) proudly state "I'm not Scared of Sephiroth! I'm the son of SETO!!" when he HATES his father!
[/list=1]

Rand Al'Tor
10-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Can only answer question 4.

4: Nanaki doesn't hate his father anymore after the first visit to Cosmo Canyon he thought his father had run away, but found out he had actually sacrificed himself defending a secret entrance, and had asked it to remain secrest so the secret entrance was kept secret.

PhoenixAsh
10-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Why does a boy in Section5 (The one pretending to be a train) say he's going to Midgar when he's already there?

Well he's not a train either...

A monster Breaks out of the Reactor in Clouds storie but it doesn't show How Cloud and Sephiroth Beat it!

Best guess it died after leaving the life support.

Zifnab
10-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEIFER

I think he was under the impression that Midgar was this super place that's all wonderful and your dreams came true. Though he was in Midgar he didn't realise it because the mental image of Midgar he had was so far from reality.

When The Tifa is isnthe Life Stream she suddenly Says "No! It wasn't ME!! I'd never do THAT!!"what is she being acused for?!
She was hearing voices in her head. I'm guessing she was somehow told about her lying about the Nibelheim incident.

NM
10-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Question 2. (SPOILER)Cloud was actually stood outside the reactor, and not inside with Sephiroth. So he wouldn't have fought it anyway. It was Zack.

Lehteb
10-03-2003, 03:33 AM
heres an unsolved mystery

Why did i waste my time and spend a good 5 hours getting a gold chocobo?

TheAbominatrix
10-03-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Lehteb
heres an unsolved mystery

Why did i waste my time and spend a good 5 hours getting a gold chocobo?

So you could get Knights of the Round.

Storm
10-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Well, since we're speaking of unsolved mysteries I thought I would add two more, even though these have already been discussed in great detail....I just want to hear different theories.

1. How did Jenova escape from the capsule in the Shinra building?

2. Why is Cloud's cell(and only Cloud's cell) open after Jenova escaped?

TheAbominatrix
10-03-2003, 07:30 AM
1. Didnt Hojo facilitate that, because he wanted to start the Reunion process?

Lost
10-03-2003, 08:15 AM
1. If I remember correctly, sephiroth came, killed everyone and took Jenova (his mother) with him

TheAbominatrix
10-03-2003, 08:25 AM
That's what they say at the time, but Sephiroth was never there. He was still stuck in the Northern Crater with Jenova's head. The 'Sephiroth' you chase the entire time is Jenova, hence the peices of her left behind everytime you run into him Or so I'm told.

FFboy4ever
10-03-2003, 11:12 AM
hey, heres another *i can't remember if they answered it*. what happen to cloud and tifas hometown...it like burned....they BOTH remember it but......no one in the town remembers it??...and i have no clue if sephritoh told tifa and cloud the answer in the canyon thingy...hmm...this is the most unanswered game ever lol...hopefull Advent children answers these questions..

TheAbominatrix
10-03-2003, 11:14 AM
The town burned down, but to facilitate the Reunion, Shin Ra rebuilt the town and hired actors to play the part of the townspeople, so as not to arouse suspicion should anyone come traveling through. No one caught on, because no one who lived in Nibelhiem during the time of the accident had come through. If you read the letter in Tifa's room when you visit Nibelhiem, it's explained.

Edit: Oh and in answer to Storm's second question... since Cloud was sort of serving Sephiroth/Jenova throughout the game (like his actions at the Temple of the Ancients), Jenova probably came and opened the door. They needed him to help them, they needed to lead him to the Reunion, so they couldnt let him rot in a cell. The evidence for this is there, hence the bloodstains in the hall.

Numisma
10-06-2003, 09:34 AM

the boy was probably referring to the upper plate, whereas he is in the slums found below the plate.

NM
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Heres a good one for you.

Red XIII is the last of his kind so how does he have some baby Reds running around with him in the end sequence. :D

FFboy4ever
10-07-2003, 12:29 AM
thanks a lot TheAbominatrix. i couldn't remember for the life of me. I also thought of something else thats been annoying me....DONT' GET UPSET I DEAD SERIOUS.
i was just playing 7 and i got to the part where aeris leaves the group to "deal" with sephy and her last words were..."then, I'll be going now, but i'll come back when its all over." and who do we see comming out of the lifestream at the end of the game...even though i belive that it was only a memory...but how could that be when no one was there to see her..??:whoa: theres a thinker...P.S. don't get upset it's only a question..and my best friend...Siren Griever also thinks this

Shyguy
10-07-2003, 12:34 AM
maybe the shinra cloned him or altered his genes at the shinra building way back and maybe some other scientist came back to shinra and finish his work.

BG-57
10-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Considering that it's never quite explained what Red XIII actually *is*, and that several species (including some vertebrates) can reproduce asexually, would that explain it? Bear in mind, any offspring produced in this way would be genetically identical to their parent, barring mutations. :greenie:

SuperPac
10-07-2003, 02:04 AM
Yes, and remember that Shinra was attempting to have Nanaki "mate" with Aeris, so they may not have been sure of much of anything about his species. Perhaps they thought it was possible, but I certainly believe we can't mix human with dog in that manner, so why would it be any different with an Ancient and... Nanaki? Okay, so mabye it would be different, but I doubt it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Red's species doesn't reproduce asexually, since he had both a father and a mother. The real answer is this: during the scene near the end of the game in which Bugenhagen gives Red his ultimate weapon, he mentions that there may be other of Red's kind surviving out in the world, and that Red ought to go and search for them. From the ending, we can derive that he did just that, found a mate, and there you have his children.

Big D
10-13-2003, 03:52 AM
Hojo was one of the few people who thought Nanaki was the last of his kind. You can't prove a negative - i.e. "there are no more Red XIII-ish folks" - so it's conceivable that there were a few others. Nanaki was just the last known example of his kind.

The Man
10-17-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
That's what they say at the time, but Sephiroth was never there. He was still stuck in the Northern Crater with Jenova's head. The 'Sephiroth' you chase the entire time is Jenova, hence the peices of her left behind everytime you run into him Or so I'm told. There's actually three possibilities for this:

1. "Sephiroth" is actually a Sephiroth clone.

The primary support for this theory is that the "Sephiroth" that is seen by one of the people in the Gold Saucer (I think it's Dio) has a number, like the other clones. Since none of the other clones looked exactly like Sephy, though, I think it's highly unlikely.

2. "Sephiroth" is actually Jenova, as theorised above.

This is probably my favourite explanation; Jenova has been manipulating Sephiroth pretty much ever since Nibelheim anyway, IMO, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for her to simply assume Sephiroth's form. Seems like the sort of thing she'd do, the grotty bugger.

Originally posted (http://216.97.98.128/forum/showthread.php?postid=92538#post92538) by Raistlin
This theory's main support, IMO, comes in the North Crater early in disc 2. You see "Sephiroth" killing a bunch of clones. However, Jenova was calling the clones to the Crater to get her cells back. So what if what you were seeing was actually Jenova taking her cells back from the clones, and Cloud's just seeing what Jenova wants him to? Also, as Berrik mentioned, those Jenova battles you have after talking to Sephiroth.

One more thing: In Shinra HQ, disc 1, you follow Sephiroth on his trail of blood. Also, you see that Jenova has escaped her confinement, so she could have escaped herself and went on that killing spree. Jenova would also want revenge against Shinra, probably even more than Sephiroth himself.Also good evidence. I can't be arsed stealing proof from WesLY, so I'll just copy his words directly and credit him :P

3. "Sephiroth" is some physical manifestation of Sephy created by Sephiroth himself.

The primary support of this theory is that "Sephiroth" is seen walking through walls and doing other surreal things in places like the Temple of the Ancients. In some cases he almost seems not comprised of this plane, yet he's perfectly able to stab Aeris in the back. I'm not as fond of this theory as I am of theory number two, but it's a possibility, I don't deny.

I never thought that Hojo might have released Jenova, but it's a distinct possibility. After all, he's injected himself with Jenova cells, as we learn later in the game, and it seems that everyone who has been injected with Jenova cells (Sephy clones, Cloud, Sephy himself, etc.) can succumb to Jenova's influence. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to let Jenova out (he'd be telling himself he wanted the Reunion to happen, but in all actuality it's probably likely that he'd merely be doing it because she wanted him to, and she merely implanted that suggestion in his mind as added incentive to make it happen).

MJN SEIFER
10-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all the answers!

Also IJR is there any reason why TIfa passes out in Clouds Story?

Materia Keeper
10-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Uh, Seifer, Cloud tells a lot of stories. Which one?

AS for the main question.

1. "Sephiroth" is actually a Sephiroth clone.

The primary support for this theory is that the "Sephiroth" that is seen by one of the people in the Gold Saucer (I think it's Dio) has a number, like the other clones. Since none of the other clones looked exactly like Sephy, though, I think it's highly unlikely.

I'm wondering about this. How long has this "Clone" been the Sephiroth that we see? Has the real Sephiroth been in the Crater since SPOILER

Zack was running around in Nibelheim in the reactor? Are you saying that since Sephiroth fell into the deep blue junk after Cloud tossed him in there, he was frozen in the materia? Wait a second, Cloud was washed through the Lifestream, right? Could it have happened to Sephiroth, too? I seem to remember the Lifestream being Mako, yes? If so, that means that Sephiroth could have been washed around up to the Crater. And since he may have originally been created like the thing in the Mt. Nibel reactor, he was probably a bit immune to Mako Poisoning. I think this might be right, possibly. I have a game saved right before Bugenhagen's display of how the Lifestream works. I'll check...

The Man
10-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Materia Keeper
I'm wondering about this. How long has this "Clone" been the Sephiroth that we see?For as long as five years, although I'm pretty sure that people didn't start seeing Sephiroth again until about a year before the start of the events of the game, if that. It'd also be five years in the case of the Jenova theory or the Sephy-image theory.

Has the real Sephiroth been in the Crater since Zack was running around in Nibelheim in the reactor? Are you saying that since Sephiroth fell into the deep blue junk after Cloud tossed him in there, he was frozen in the materia? Wait a second, Cloud was washed through the Lifestream, right? Could it have happened to Sephiroth, too? I seem to remember the Lifestream being Mako, yes? If so, that means that Sephiroth could have been washed around up to the Crater. And since he may have originally been created like the thing in the Mt. Nibel reactor, he was probably a bit immune to Mako Poisoning. I think this might be right, possibly. I have a game saved right before Bugenhagen's display of how the Lifestream works. I'll check... Yes, that's basically right; when Cloud thought he "killed" Sephiroth, what really happened is that Sephiroth fell into the Lifestream. Sephy drifted along in the lifestream until he came to the North Crater, where the Mako energy that is the Lifestream solidified and cooled into materia (which, as you may remember, is just solidified Mako). None of this is explicitly explained in the game, but it's obviously not very difficult to reason out once you've sorted out the necessary story details that frame it.

And there's no need to mark your spoilers in this thread, since there's a spoiler warning in the title. Also, for the record, you can get the spoiler tag by doing [spoiler] *spoiler text goes here* [/spoiler].

MJN SEIFER
10-25-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm talking about Clouds first (Fake) Story he tells in Kalm While Sephiroth is explaining Mako and Materia Tifa Faints

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 10:01 PM
She's never Fainted, atleast to my remebering, but, like, when when in the story did she?

Zifnab
10-25-2003, 11:26 PM
I'm talking about Clouds first (Fake) Story he tells in Kalm While Sephiroth is explaining Mako and Materia Tifa Faints
She didn't really faint, she just flopped forward with the shock that Cloud (Zack) didn't know all the facts about Materia when he was a First Class SOLDIER.

radyk05
10-26-2003, 12:15 AM
[qoote]Yes, and remember that Shinra was attempting to have Nanaki "mate" with Aeris, so they may not have been sure of much of anything about his species. Perhaps they thought it was possible, but I certainly believe we can't mix human with dog in that manner, so why would it be any different with an Ancient and... Nanaki? Okay, so mabye it would be different, but I doubt it. [/quote]

thats just one of hojo's fetishes...

Cloud Strife.
08-02-2004, 04:24 AM
i might be wrong but i think hojo was trying to do some kind of gene splicing thing with Nanaki and Aries.

Del Murder
08-02-2004, 04:28 AM
Please don't post in threads from last year.