PDA

View Full Version : is squall (spoilers) son???

jonai
10-04-2003, 09:00 PM
need to know how why were when ah?? im gonna cryy ya know

crono_logical
10-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Laguna's, yes, that was hinted at in the game. Probably Raine's too, but I can't remember where the game told you that info.

jonai
10-04-2003, 09:07 PM
The game never di d i guess you hhd to figure it out but there were no clues

sorry about the reviving spam thing i didnt spam but i did revive il stop reviving but where does it say how old it is im a rookie

Big D
10-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Jonai, please don't post twice in a row, use the edit/delete button to change what you've written instead.

In disc three, on board the Ragnarok, Laguna says some things which strongly hint at the relationship; also, Ellone mentions that Raine and Laguna had a son who was sent to an orphanage.

Squall04
10-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Isn't it widely accepted that Raine died while giving birth to Squall while Laguna was in Esthar looking for Ellone?

Kindo
10-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Squall04. That's the most widely accepted theory. I'd go for that one, atleast.

Halenite
10-06-2003, 09:39 PM
The game all but says Squall is Laguna's son.

Skogs
10-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Halenite
The game all but says Squall is Laguna's son.

Yeah, I agree. Plus, Laguna has Squall's card (like Mrs. Dincht has Zell's and Rinoa's father has hers). Also, Kiros even mentions Squall's father in the airship. How bloody obvious does it get???

Cloudane
10-15-2003, 12:53 AM
When you're on Ragnorok, first visit (I think) with Laguna and co on board, you can talk to them on another deck and hear along the lines of....

Kiros: You know Squall, you look a lot like your mother.
Ward: ....
Kiros: Ward says it's a good thing you don't look like your father!

I'd say that pretty much proves it :)
I was really surprised at the complete lack of reaction from Squall though.

Angel_Eyes
10-15-2003, 03:18 PM
They are so related. It all ties in with each other and they even look like each other.

UNBREAKABLE
10-23-2003, 12:47 PM
ya i often wondered that and i guess that is the most accepted theory on it, makes the most sence so ya that seems like the right theory on it all, and like others have said the Game almost points at them two all the time being the same.

Rinoa_Leonhart
11-29-2003, 02:12 AM
*Spoilers* :D

well all I know is, Squall is Raine and Laguna's son. And also when they're on the Ragnarok, Laguna tells Squall that he looks alot like his mother. It proves that Laguna knows about Squall and when he was younger he was put into orphanage; maybe because Raine died and Laguna couldn't look after him, plus Ellone talks to him one time they're like half sis/bro. I think I'll have to check again :mad:

:tongue:

TheAbominatrix
11-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Rinoa_Leonhart
*Spoilers* :D

It proves that Laguna knows about Squall and when he was younger he was put into orphanage; maybe because Raine died and Laguna couldn't look after him, plus Ellone talks to him one time they're like half sis/bro. I think I'll have to check again :mad:

:tongue:

Laguna may have had to wait a long time before he found out about Squall, he was probably told by the people of Winhill whenever he returned there. He meant he looked like Raine now, which doesnt mean he had to have seen him before this point.

Ellone is not related to Squall. It states in the game that her parents died in the war, and Laguna talks to the picture of her parents at one point, telling them that Ellone has been behaving. Squall and Ellone have a brother sister relationship because they went through all that together, but nothing blood-related. In fact I think all the kids at the orphanage looked up to Ellone as a sister, because she was the oldest.

Squall Leonheart
11-29-2003, 10:06 PM
hey guys, i havent replied here in a while. to answer your question (imho or in my humble opinion) yes absolutly he is. if for no other reason it is a nice addition to the story. :choc:

Cloudane
11-30-2003, 02:19 AM
That didn't make so much sense, but the drawing was incredibly cute :D

Squall Leonheart
12-02-2003, 12:41 AM
lol, i guess ur right cloudane. i was kinda high then but o well. i have more drawings like that one if you want em. This one is funny, but definately NOT for those against the Squall-Rinoa Relationship. Rinoa's red looks pretty, but squalls hair is a little weird. o well. funny concept and gr8 for the holidays

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 11:30 PM
yea im pretty sure that laguna is squalls father (like everyone else said lol) its just too bad that the game didnt tell you a lot of stuff. it makes too much contraversy in the land of online forums lol. they should have actually said things about the:

Laguna + Raine = Squall Theory
R=U Theory

Maybe that way the whole game would make a lot more sense lol

lonely
12-30-2003, 02:33 PM
yes Squall is Laguna and Raine's son! theres too many clues that suggest it.
1.Squall looks like Laguna ALOT!!!!!!
2.Every one in the game sort of suggests it
There are even more reasons, can any one suggest any more?

Squall Leonheart
12-30-2003, 02:45 PM
heres another:
3)on the ragnarok Laguna says to Squall "you look just like your mother" which implies he KNEW Squalls mother and was married to her.

I say married because *spoiler* at the end, we see where Laguna 'asked' Raine to marry him, and then it flashes back to present where she's dead. Does anyone know how she died? i must have missed that detail if it was in the story at all

lonely
12-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey Squall Leonhart
let's see what we can come up with
it doesn't say in the game how she dies but lets try any way.
Hmm Maybe Ultimecia Killed her
or she could have been killed by Esthar soldiers, hey weren't they invading Winhill, ( Laguna dream 3? )
Is it dream 3? i'm not sure but i think it is!

Radje
12-30-2003, 04:27 PM
She died in childbirth

lonely
12-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Excellent explanation for why she died. And it is very possible that she died giving birth. And it sounds like the most sensible explanation! But one question do you know for sure that, that is how she dies? And if so then where did you find that Information out?

Aerio
12-30-2003, 06:43 PM
this is stupid but anyone find it kinda weird that Rinoa's mother is the piano girl Laguna liked when he was a soilder and that Laguna is Squalls dad(or so it makes sense) and then Squall and Rinoa get togeather? :| think of what would happen if Laguna ever married the piano girl instead...total story change :| like I said...stupid thought :P but just ignore me

Cloudane
12-30-2003, 11:58 PM
RE: Raine's death----

It's explained in the terminal if you grab a bunch of those old Timber magazines, I believe. She was shot by one of the army invasions... it's been a while since I played, so can't remember the details.

RE: Aerio's previous post ---

Aerio, that occured to me a few times as well :p Had Julia's baby been Lagunas rather than Caraway's (who knows?!), then Squall and Rinoa would've meant incest! It's certainly close.

TheAbominatrix
12-31-2003, 12:15 AM
If Julia had had Laguna's baby, chances are Laguna would have stayed with her no matter what, and thus Squall wouldnt exist. Not to mention Ellone would have remained in Esthar with no Laguna to save them.

And Rinoa is Caraway's baby, not Laguna's, as proven by her age.

Cloudane
12-31-2003, 02:13 AM
Maybe... or maybe, he would've gone to war regardless, for the future of his son *shrugs*

That's to the first point anyway. As to the second, yeah I'd say it's proven that Rinoa is Caraway's daughter rather than Laguna's. Just wild thoughts that one :D

Come to think of it... even if things had changed and the baby were his... it wouldn't have been Rinoa, it would've been someone else. So my thoughts don't work anyways.

*brain blows up*

ShivaBlizzard8
12-31-2003, 04:48 AM
Excellent explanation for why she died. And it is very possible that she died giving birth. And it sounds like the most sensible explanation! But one question do you know for sure that, that is how she dies? And if so then where did you find that Information out?

It is never stated exactly in the game that Raine died in childbirth, just as it is nevewr directly said that Squall is Laguna's son. It's all inferred by textual evidence. Raine's death is generally described by Ellone:

Ellone: "When I was kidnapped, Uncle Laguna went on a journey to find me...But because he did, Uncle Laguna wasn't able to be by Raine's side when she died. Raine wanted to show Laguna her new born baby...Raine kept calling out for Laguna."

Laguna also mentions that she was bedridden upon her death. Now, it is possible she died of an illness or whatever, but the timing of it - directly following the birth of Squall - leads us to believe that childbirth was the cause.

As for Laguna being Rinoa's dad, it's pretty darn impossible - and just plain sick. But if you want to read the arguments about it, see this thread: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36317

Squall Leonheart
12-31-2003, 06:18 AM
hey! i actually remember reading that forum like last year. makes me feel old. o well. well i for one certainly believe that Rinoas parents are Gen. Caraway and uh... i guess Julia. Rinoa looks soo much like Julia its not funny, and i doubt that it is a coinsidence (sp?) that they play julias song 'eyes on me' whenever Squall and Rinoa are together. i.e. ragnarok. If laguna and Rinoa were her parents, Squall would be dating his sister, and thats gross. again, Squalls parents are Raine and Laguna (ellone being 1/2 sister, i think) and Rinoas are General Caraway and Julia. Doesnt that make a weird match though? what are your thoughts?:choc:

TheAbominatrix
12-31-2003, 06:47 AM
For the billionth time, Ellone and Squall are not related. Ellone's parents died before Laguna even got there, and Ellone is not related to Raine, either. Ellone took care of Squall, so he refers to her as his big sister.

And yes, Rinoa's mother is Julia, as is stated in the game.

lonely
12-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Lol. I can't stop laughing, you guys are funny, any how I've played the game so many times and well I've seen so many clues to the Julia, Rinoa thing. i.e in the menu, if you go to the info part and go to people in the menu you will see a bit about Julia, and it say's she wrote and sang eye's on me, and also her full name is Julia Heartilly, and what is Rinoa's surname? Heartilly, of course so they are obviously mother and daughter. And as for General Caraway bein her dad, well when your in his mantion, he clearly suggests it, and all the characters say that he is her dad.so there you go!

Almasy
01-04-2004, 02:38 AM
In the game, it says in the character report thing or something that moombas recognize people by their blood. Laguna had visited Shumi Village, which is the home of the Moombas. In the desert prison, moomba call him Laguna. Why? They have the same blood. That and Kiros statement in the airship, Laguna having Squall's card, and also Ellone was sent to the orphanage and adopted Squall as her brother probably because she remembered Raine being his mother and Raine raised Ellone so she felt like a sister before the orphanage.

Squall Leonheart
01-04-2004, 04:52 PM
damn it. I bet u guys knew what i meant but i screwed up on my last post when i said "If laguna and Rinoa were her parents, Squall would be dating his sister, and thats gross" i mean "If laguna and Julia were her parents, Squall would be dating his sister, and thats gross"

anyway, why are we still talking about this? It seems we've all agreed Squall's parents are Laguna and Raine and Rinoas parents are Julia and Gen Caraway. Does he have a 1st name? anyway, theres some controversy(sp sux) about Ellone beeing Squalls sister. I may have missed something in the game, but i believe that this is true. Some people *coughTheAbominatrixcoughcough* disagree. Can someone open a new forum? i dont like going off topic in one.

Shockwave Pulsar
01-04-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't think Caraway's name is ever stated in the game.

Edea: If I may ask, what happened to this Ellone?

Laguna: She was kidnapped by Esthar soldiers. I've been travelling,
tryin' all I can to get inside Esthar but...

Edea: They were looking for a successor to the Esthar sorceress, Adel?

Laguna: Yeah, yeah! Exactly it!

Edea: Is she your daughter?

Laguna: No...but she's just so cute! Oh, I wish I could hear her voice!

TheAbominatrix
01-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Far more people than me disagree, and I believe it may even be in the FAQ for this forum. The evidence that she isnt his sister is sufficient to prove it.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-05-2004, 12:46 AM
theres some controversy(sp sux) about Ellone beeing Squalls sister. I may have missed something in the game, but i believe that this is true. Some people *coughTheAbominatrixcoughcough* disagree.
It outright states in the game that Raine ADOPTED Ellone. Ellone's mother IS NOT Raine, and Ellone's father IS NOT Laguna. Therefore, if you believe that Laguna and Raine are Squall's parents, then you cannot say that Ellone is Squall's biological sister in any way, shape, or form.

Far more people than me disagree, and I believe it may even be in the FAQ for this forum. The evidence that she isnt his sister is sufficient to prove it.
Although the fact that Squall is Laguna and Raine's son is in the FAQ, I don't think that Ellone not being Squall's sister is. But it should be.

Iceglow
01-07-2004, 06:40 PM
OK in the game talk to Ward and kiros on the flight deck of the Ragnorak ward will sybolise something then Kiros will say "Ward says its a good job you look like your mother else we'd have problems"

however I don't know if it is Raine who Mothered Squall it fits yes as she died however it depends on the age of Ellone in the memory of the village where Laguna recovered from his injuries after escaping the construction site of lunatic Pandora

Shockwave Pulsar
01-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Kiros says "Ward said, "Thank God you don't look like your father"
The other statement is "You look like your mother"

Iceglow
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
WAITTTT!!!! i checked something because I didnt think the math fit and it doesnt Laguna is not Squall's Farther it's impossible to be Squall's dad Laguna would be 10 when Squall was born therefore I think that Laguna and Squall are possible brothers but not Farther - Son. My Reasoning:

Squall is 17 the age where he can become a SeeD however Laguna is only 27.

anyone else see my logic?

Shockwave Pulsar
01-08-2004, 03:52 PM
In the flashbacks laguna is 27, he is 27 when he meets raine, and 27 when he gives her his "seed".
You have to remember that whenever you play with laguna, what you see it's actually the past, you are re-living events that already happened.
In the actual game time with squall laguna is 44 years old i believe.

Iceglow
01-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Hmm true my bad

RainOPain
01-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah, don't forget that the Moombas all call Squall "Laguna!" after he is tortured by Seifer. And the in game information screen specifically says that "Moombas recognize people by licking their blood" or something to that effect.

Lord Xehanort
01-15-2004, 01:05 AM
I am going to prove Squall, Ellone, and Rinoa are all from different families!

Squall- Laguna and Raine: Moombas of Disk 2 call Squall 'Laguna' because they share blood and Ellone's statement of Raine dying before she showed Laguna her baby boy who went to an orphanage.

Ellone- ?: Beginning of Disk 2. Laguna: "Dear Ellone's parents, Ellone was a good girl today."

Rinoa- Gen. Caraway and Julia: Beginning of Disk 2, ask Kiros about Julia. He says that she married Gen. Caraway whom Rinoa earlier revealed as her father and whom later 'pulls some strings to get her out' of the Desert Prison.

Ellone X Squall- Squall says " We weren't related. We all just called her Sis because she was the oldest."

Squall X Rinoa- No common parent.

Ellone X Rinoa- No common parent.

Squall Leonheart
01-15-2004, 02:20 AM
[QUOTE]Beginning of Disk 2. Laguna: "Dear Ellone's parents, Ellone was a good girl today."

i think that was a joke, u guys have good evidence, and i think i believe u now, but this doesnt prove anything. for all we kno he could be talking about raine and her former husband/lover.

TheAbominatrix
01-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Squall Leonheart
[QUOTE]Beginning of Disk 2. Laguna: "Dear Ellone's parents, Ellone was a good girl today."

i think that was a joke, u guys have good evidence, and i think i believe u now, but this doesnt prove anything. for all we kno he could be talking about raine and her former husband/lover.

Why would that be a joke? That doesnt make any sense. Not to mention that Raine is very young, and with the kind of person she is I highly doubt she'd have lost her husband so recently and then fallen in with Laguna so quickly. Besides, Laguna says, "Dear Ellone's parents.", not "Dear Ellone's father." He wouldnt need to tell the both of her parents if Raine was one of them.

gokufusionss1
01-16-2004, 01:10 PM
ellones parents were killed in an attack on the village, raine took care of ellone.
Squall is lagunas son,
Julia is rionas father and lagunas lost love
Raine is squalls Mother

Seifer's Incarnation
01-27-2004, 05:19 PM
(points up to Almasy) Hey, he stole my avatar! And my state!

Any way, We all agree Squall is Laguna and Raine's son. Also, we can just assume how she died, And if he(Laguna) slept with Julia, was dragged off to war, Julia had Squall, gave him away out of Shame, his name wouldn't be Leonhart... And he would be going out with his sister.....But what if they were TWINS!!!!!>???????:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That was stupid

AACCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!