PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to build your own houses and such

darkchrono
10-05-2003, 04:56 AM
And own your own property and such in the game like they are planning for the other online games.

I think that's cool because eventually player based communities and towns will begin to rise and you can have a greater sense of belonging to something within the game then a vast world.

Lionx
10-05-2003, 07:03 AM
No you cant build houses. You go to an area where it directly takes u to ur mog house. You cant go into other mog houses. Mainly cuz making buildings will cause problems.

Valarm
10-05-2003, 01:10 PM
I hope they do some time soon let others visit say my Mog House in an expansion some time soon. I really can't see my self buy or making items to decorate it, if I'm the only one to enjoy it.

I mean what do you us it for other then a bank really for storing items and changing jobs. And most of the time it’s not even a place I log out at unless I'm unloading item.

And if they don't make it were people will be able to go into your mog house, w/ permission, key or such to get in, I hope they make an area were you can go into it much like the mog house but it would be a place that anyone of the same linkshell could enter instead. That I could see being worth wild to decorate. :D

SubMatrix
10-05-2003, 03:29 PM
There are a few reasons to decorate, buying pots and seeds lets to you grow items, buying a certain bed will unlock a quest through mog to expand your inventory, and so on. I do agree though that there should either be linkshell buildings (not standalone taking up space but maybe when you went to enter your mog house a message let you pick to enter either your house or the linkshell house) or that we should be able to invite people into our homes with us.

Leighton

Jeristo
10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Ooh! I like the idea of a "linkshell house"! That would be so cool.

It would be nice to have some sort of official place for your clan (or whatever) to gather.

Valarm
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
I also though another good way to do it would be who ever holds the highest poistion in the linkshell, his/her house would become the the linkshell house. There could be an upstairs which would of been like when you first started and only u could go through that door and ground floor would be for everyone to use. And that person would get extra storage for himslef. And/or a seconed mog for everyone to use in the house.

I only have to say is the sorry thing about talking about this is SOE/FFXI will never see our post. :crying:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-06-2003, 10:40 PM
SOE/FFXI will never see our post.

well.....at least not in time to do anything about it.

Rostum
10-08-2003, 12:55 PM
I've seen people being able to decorate their Mog Houses, they've also made their own plants by mixing different materials. Sounds cool.