PDA

View Full Version : The aftemath *massive spoiler warning*

Erdrick Holmes
10-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Ok you know how at the end of the game meteor is crashing into earth and I believe it's the lifestream that attempts to save the world, well lets pretend that it did. The whole world is safe, Sephiroth is dead, and no threats to the world exists. Well now the Shinra is gone now, and from what I belive is that Shinra is the only form of government in the FF7 world, and AVALANCE's goal is to annialte Shinra, well heres my question on opinion.

Do you think that the world will now face total anarchy or will AVALANCE take over as a form of democracy?

TheAbominatrix
10-05-2003, 05:26 AM
I dont think AVALANCHE would take over at all. I dont believe any of it's members are capable of doing something like that. As for government... Shin Ra's control was not deep or far reaching, and it was a COMPANY, not a government, so people werent used to their 'leadership', so to speak. Junon and Midgar would really be the only places severely effected, I think. Those are the only places that had massive technology and where Shin Ra played a very active role. Think of all the people that would have to climb down from Junon now that there was no power for the lifts.

I think the economy would take a major downfall, tons of people would be out of jobs, and the people of Midgar would be homeless, their homes and belongings most likely destroyed. People would have to learn to live without Mako energy, and go back to the way they lived before it... massive lifestyle changes would have to be put into place by most everyone.

Erdrick Holmes
10-05-2003, 05:33 AM
But wait, it is a form of government, it supplies the worlds military, the police, a supplier of energy, funding of city development etc.

TheAbominatrix
10-05-2003, 05:37 AM
But it's not technically a form of governement. It's a company that has stretched it's power out. It's the closest thing the world has.

And it only supplied the police to Junon and Midgar, it's main bases of operations. And those are the only places it funded developments. Supplying energy is what Shin Ra is supposed to do. People pay for it like a utility, not like taxes I'm assuming.

Erdrick Holmes
10-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Well when Rufus took over as president of Shinra they had tha parade to celibrate his coming, and they also funded the space program for rocket town.

I see shinra as Galbadia from FF8 really, they centralate from one point and eventaully take there grip on the whole planet.

TheAbominatrix
10-05-2003, 05:49 AM
But the Space Program wasnt FOR the town, it was for the company.

Erdrick Holmes
10-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Hmm well I guess your right there but they have some pretty high authority in the world and apperently the citizens seem to not be able to live without them. I guess that your first theory is correct but what else would happen.

I'd say violance would errupt because Shinra provides military and police to control a civillian outbreak and there would be rioting, crime, murder, with nobody to keep it under control, an of course Mako reactors would never run so the world would have no electricity.

TheAbominatrix
10-05-2003, 06:00 AM
They certainly have a high level of power, and they run the puppet government of Midgar, but because there are still other government systems around (like the mayor of Midgar), they arent the official government.

As far as violence... I think the only place that would happen is maybe Junon and Kalm. Junon because Shin Ra did have police there, and Kalm because of the influx of Midgar citizens. No other town had police or anything, so I dont think they'd freak because Shin Ra was gone.